Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,024 members, 7,838,569 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

FA Cup Final: Mourinho Reveals Why Manchester United Lost To Chelsea - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FA Cup Final: Mourinho Reveals Why Manchester United Lost To Chelsea (604 Views)

Jose Mourinho Reveals His Lionel Messi Dream And Wants To Coach Superstar / See Why Manchester United Fans Support Manchester City To Beat Their Club / Why Man United Lost To Huddersfield - Jose Mourinho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FA Cup Final: Mourinho Reveals Why Manchester United Lost To Chelsea by Meekdon: 10:00pm On May 19, 2018
Manchester United manager, Jose Mourinho, has admitted that his team missed Romelu Lukaku in their FA Cup final defeat to Chelsea on Saturday.

Eden Hazard’s first-half penalty was enough as the Blues won their only silverware of this season.

However, Mourinho insisted that it would have been different if Lukaku, who was named on the substitutes’ bench, was fit to start at Wembley.

“I congratulate them because they won but I don’t think they deserved to win. I am Manchester United manager and I have to be respectful, not just because they are my previous club but because they are the opponents today but I think we deserved to win.

“I am quite curious to know what you say or what people write because if my team plays like Chelsea did I can imagine what people would say. I am quite curious.

“It was a bit hard for us to play without Lukaku against a team that defends with nine players. You need that presence. Every defeat hurts but I go home with the feeling we gave everything. No regrets.

“They (Chelsea) know our team without Lukaku or Fellaini does not have a presence so putting 8 or 9 players in front of the box they knew they would be dominant in that direct football. We tried everything by other ways but they had a huge block of compacted players,” Mourinho said

When asked why Lukaku didn’t start the game, Mourinho replied: “When a player tells you he cannot start a game, how can you convince him to play? It does not make sense.”

source: http://kobogist-forums.61417.n8.nabble.com/FA-Cup-final-Mourinho-reveals-why-Manchester-United-lost-to-Chelsea-tc28.html

Re: FA Cup Final: Mourinho Reveals Why Manchester United Lost To Chelsea by Leksidebolton(m): 10:05pm On May 19, 2018
I hide my face
Re: FA Cup Final: Mourinho Reveals Why Manchester United Lost To Chelsea by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 19, 2018
Leksidebolton:
I hide my face

Look at a coach excuse. You have 11 full players no red card!

And you're giving excuse. What of Chelsea that have injured players who never even featured at all.

Man City will wipe this Chelsea team to the cleaners. Even Spurs.

(1) (Reply)

Paul Pogba Speaks On Leaving Manchester United For Psg(olukiesyblog) / Iniesta Finally Opened Up On The New Club He Would Love To Go!!! / Buhari To Host Super Eagles In Abuja Today Before They Travel For England Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.