Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians On Democracy Walk - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians On Democracy Walk (701 Views)

June 12: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Democracy Day (Live Updates) / June 12: President Buhari Will Broadcast To The Nation At 7am On Democracy Day / Osun Rerun, The Most Brazen Assault On Democracy, Biggest Robbery Ever - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians On Democracy Walk by MadeInTokyo: 7:46pm On May 20, 2018
The National Democracy Stakeholders Group (NSDG), a pro-democracy and non-profit organisation, says President Muhammadu Buhari will lead the 2018 edition of Democracy Solidarity Walk. NSDG’s Convener, Mr Kletsaint Akor, told newsmen on Sunday in Abuja that Buhari would lead the walk scheduled for May 29 at the Eagles Square, Abuja. He said that the walk, organised by NSDG in collaboration with state and non-state partners, would also be led by governors in the 36 state capitals across Nigeria. According to Akor, the walk, which is the fourth edition with the theme “Walk for Credible, Free and Fair 2019 Elections”, is expected to attract over 1 million people nationwide.

He said that the aim of the exercise was to moblise Nigerians to take ownership of the 2019 electoral process through participation, enlightenment and protection of Nigeria’s nascent democracy.

The 2018 edition of the annual Democracy Solidarity Walk will be led by President Muhammadu Buhari in Abuja and the governors in each of the 36 states. “It is expected to draw participation from all Nigerian democracy stakeholders, including representatives of the Nigerian Labour Congress(NLC), Trade Union Congress(TUC), political parties, National Orientation Agency, aspirants to elective political offices. “Others expected to participate are the media, pro-democracy groups, civil society groups, development partners, students union representatives, Non-Governmental Organisations and ordinary Nigerian citizens whose best interests are served by credible elections,’’ he said. The convener recalled that the first Democracy Walk, which took place in May 2009 to celebrate Nigeria’s first ever 10 years of uninterrupted democratic governance since independence in 1960, drew a huge participation. Akor said that the event was marked again in 2013 and 2017, and had grown into a major component of Nigeria’s annual Democracy Day celebrations as Nigerians had realised that there was no alternative to democracy. According to him, adequate security will be provided by the Nigeria police and other security agencies throughout the walk. NAN

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/05/democracy-walk-president-buhari-lead-1m-nigerians/
Re: Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians On Democracy Walk by MadeInTokyo: 7:46pm On May 20, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin
Wetin concern agbero with overload
Wetin concern Dictator with Democracy

Hope his UK doctors are on stand by cos when yawa gas now, we don't want to hear that PDP was responsible.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians On Democracy Walk by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:47pm On May 20, 2018
Let's go there my President....

We 'sane' ones love you and SOLIDLY behind you....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians On Democracy Walk by MadeInTokyo: 7:56pm On May 20, 2018
post=67729346:

We sane ones love you and SOLIDLY behind you....
Re: Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians On Democracy Walk by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 20, 2018
can the walk be made in SE Nigeria and not Abuja?

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians On Democracy Walk by chomchom1(f): 8:19pm On May 20, 2018
Leading Nigeria to hell fire cool

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians On Democracy Walk by emeijeh(m): 8:20pm On May 20, 2018
I wish he will just walk 200km and keep walking from there....

Johnnie Buhari walker

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians On Democracy Walk by osazeeblue01: 8:21pm On May 20, 2018
Say NO to backward walk.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians On Democracy Walk by Mariangeles(f): 8:25pm On May 20, 2018
grin grin grin @ "he should walk out of our lives for good"
Re: Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians On Democracy Walk by CarlosTheJackal: 8:25pm On May 20, 2018
he will walk back to Daura
Re: Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians On Democracy Walk by Mariangeles(f): 8:26pm On May 20, 2018
emeijeh:
I wish he will just walk 200km and keep walking from there....

Johnnie Buhari walker
Nairalanders are the kings of meme shocked
Re: Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians On Democracy Walk by CoolFreeday(m): 8:27pm On May 20, 2018
God bless my President

I luv my President

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians On Democracy Walk by dokyOloye: 8:28pm On May 20, 2018
Buhari no fit waka straight 200 metres.If he try am,na back to London.
Re: Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians On Democracy Walk by Bethel4Life(f): 8:28pm On May 20, 2018
is it the real buhari or the robotic one? . . . . WAIT make i think

Re: Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians On Democracy Walk by Bethel4Life(f): 8:30pm On May 20, 2018
CoolFreeday:
God bless my President

I luv my President
is it no longer allah?

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians On Democracy Walk by zombieserum(m): 8:30pm On May 20, 2018
so funny to see a dictator being clothed with democracy ,a true definition of sheep in wolves clothing.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians On Democracy Walk by hotswagg12: 8:30pm On May 20, 2018
Nothing wey person no go hear for naija ooo.
Re: Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians On Democracy Walk by hotswagg12: 8:35pm On May 20, 2018
post=67729346:

We sane ones love you and SOLIDLY behind you....
[quote author=hotswagg12 post=67730346][/quote] shebi you they find person grandpapa wey you wan kill. Abeg leave pmb alone and start with your grandfather.
Re: Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians On Democracy Walk by emeijeh(m): 9:55pm On May 20, 2018
Mariangeles:
Nairalanders are the kings of meme shocked

Yea bro wink

Re: Buhari To Lead 1 Million Nigerians On Democracy Walk by CoolFreeday(m): 10:02pm On May 20, 2018
Bethel4Life:
is it no longer allah?

Maybe Allah for you but as a Christian, mine is God. I believe its same God

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Will Be Leading One Million Nigerians On A Democracy walk / Aregbesola Embezzled #300M For Park And Garden Budget / PDP Accuses Buhari Of Making June 12 A Yoruba Affair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.