Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,311 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Modern Days Kids Outlook To Life. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Modern Days Kids Outlook To Life. (550 Views)

HERBS AND SPIRITUALITY - Solutions To Life Issues / Husband Seeks Divorce Over Food, Threat To Life / Lady Elated As Dad Sentenced To Life Imprisonment Returns Home After 37 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Modern Days Kids Outlook To Life. by mamajaz(f): 8:48pm On May 20, 2018
OK house, I'm a mother of two ( 4 & 2). In our days, at the mention of ojuju calabar we would retreat from whatever mischief we were about performing. However, I've noticed that Ojuju is a darling name to my kids. First time I heard my 2 years old singing ojuju is a fine girl ...., next thing is that ojuju has converted to all family members with roars of laughter's from the two kids. Ojuju daddy..., ojuju mummy, ojuju grandma etc. Can the child psychologists in the house explain the evolution of fearless in today's kids to me?
Another thing that is confusing me is that I live with these kidos, grandma and my husband, but they seem to be much more attached to their dad who is working in another state entirely and come home just once in a week. If they want to cry, it is my daddy while I'll be with them but they wouldn't mention my mummy. Whatever could have caused this is still hazy to me (The kids were both exclusively breastfed, so I don't think they didn't bond well with me).
I want input from experienced parents and psychologists in the house, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Modern Days Kids Outlook To Life. by handsomeguy4kyf(m): 9:36pm On May 20, 2018
hmm
Re: Modern Days Kids Outlook To Life. by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 20, 2018
Have you tried dressing up like an ojuju and showing them what an ojuju actually looks like? cheesy....seriously, you are over thinking things. Parenting is a fun thing for me. I just make sure I instil the right things in them...as moral as my moral compass goes. Things have truly changed in our society. Our kids are exposed to a whole new culture in school, public places etc. You just have to make sure they know what is right and what is wrong.
As for being close to their dad, i doubt their dad scolds them each time he comes home and so you have been tagged the "wicked mummy" while daddy is the "cool" one. Well embrace that title proudly...lol but also find special time for you and your babies, ask them questions patiently...like really ask them very patiently. Give them treats sometimes and when they are being punished, please let them know exactly why they are being scolded because some kids might just be clueless as to why and just withdraw from you

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Viral Video Shows A Female Mourner Twerking On A Casket / These 3 Domestic Animals Are Safety & Security Agents In A Compound / Happy Birthday! You Are Loved!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.