Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,096 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) (42685 Views)

Pictures From Canine Club Of Imo Dog Walk 2022 / Beautiful Pictures From KCR Dog Walk 2022 In Port Harcourt / Kano State Dog Walk(first Time Ever) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by seguno2: 2:52pm On May 21, 2018
Ejiphill09:
grin
Buhari is supposed to be there now.

Don't get it twisted I know of a Dog called Buhari that caused uproar then.

Well the Two Buhari are Animals.
One in Human skin then the other in Dog skin.

When Buhari trouble sleep, Ejiphill yanga go wake am. My hand no dey oh. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by BanevsJoker(m): 2:52pm On May 21, 2018
EliteBiz:
God knows the only pet I can have is a goat, a white goat grin
Do you then qualify to be called a herdsman? I mean if you own a goat herd.

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 21, 2018
BanevsJoker:

whatever

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by LadySarah: 2:55pm On May 21, 2018
Is Nigeria ripe for this dog whatever when there is so much hunger and sickness?
Rememberd "Tiger" our dog that we later gave out when its demnds was getting crazy.He wouldnt eat anything except small ricewith plenty fish/meat.Dog was eating more than the gateman

Very social .we had to give it out cos its security purpose wqs defeated .
Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by satowind(m): 2:55pm On May 21, 2018
what de economic value of this even south south and rubbish
Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by Ikem147(m): 2:56pm On May 21, 2018
Those in Ogun state, Sagamu precisely. don't you guys ve your own Dog walk? we get to start really. have a GSD.
Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by softprick: 2:57pm On May 21, 2018
Nigerians and “best in Africa mentality” most of this mumu never even reach badagry.
Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by ThinkWISELY(m): 2:57pm On May 21, 2018
grandstar:
Please do not keep your dog out in the sun for long lest it dies of dehydration.

A dog died is one of these walks last year

The choice is your yours

cry

Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by seguno2: 2:57pm On May 21, 2018
BanevsJoker:

No mind that guy who is trying to use style to get our COWmander-in-Thief Buhari’s protection as a pretending Fulani herdsman consign grin
Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by Maket: 3:01pm On May 21, 2018
The pictures are not clear. It is not the best In Nigeria, not the best in West Africa, before you think of Africa. Let me upload some pictures from that held in Jos, then you compare and tell me the best.
Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by Moorish: 3:10pm On May 21, 2018
Arrest any calabar man on site
Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by Tellemall: 3:16pm On May 21, 2018
logadims:
The garden city of Port Harcourt, Rivers State was dotted in blue and canines on the 17th February, 2018. As early as 6:30AM, the enthusiastic dog lovers and breeders of Port Harcourt City had filed out to grace the much publicized Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 hosted by the Kennel Club of Rivers. Just like the previous year’s walk, that of this year took a surprising trust in terms of both numbers and organization.

The event was in two phases. The first being the dog walk procession and the second, after dog walk event. The procession kicked off a little bit after the schedule 7:00AM mark. The kick off point was Hotel Presidential Estate Junction. The procession witnessed a monumental number of attendees. Leading the walk were the toy breeds which includes the Lhasa apsos and Samoyed alongside their handlers, the German Shepherds, Caucasians, Rottweiler s, Boerboels and a few others breeds like the Great Danes, Russian Terriers and An American Pit Bull Terrier.

Shutters Studios, an event covering agency was the sole agency given the right of cover the event. The walk was also covered aerially using a Drone (courtesy of Fixgadget) there was a live streaming and blogging of the event by Portharcourt-in-pictures. Music was also used to add style to the walk as the dog-walkers all on blue T-shirts created with KCR logo swayed and danced to the rhythm of the songs and demonstration of the MC. Onlookers were equally glued to their standing and sitting spots with mouth opened and thoughts of awe going through their heads. Aba Dog Breeders Association were also present to add a tint of red to the walk. The procession finally came to a halt at about 10:30AM at the Peace Park Garden, opposite Air Force Base Junction, Port Harcourt.

The second phase of the event kicked off after modalities were put in place. Pictures of various breeds were taken in an organized fashion. From the lhasas, to the German Shepherds, Rottweilers, Boerboels, to the Caucasians and Great Danes to the Exotic Russian Terriers and American Pit bull Terriers.

Special quests at the events were :

1. Bar. Chukwudi Odili- President Port Harcourt kennel club.

2. Mr. Onyekachi Omenuko- President German shepherd federation of Nigeria.

3. Mr. Loknan Dumbin(Eldee)- Head of Operations Rythm 93.7fm Port Harcourt.

4. Dr. Nathaniel Bakura- President NVMA Rivers state Chapter.

5. Hon. Fubara Imangs

6. Mr. Masibau Rufai- Dreamnest kennel/Org. Sec. GSDFN

7. Hon. Marshal Obuzor- Snr. Special Assistant to the R/S Governor on New media.

8. Space-man of Beat FM. Port Harcourt.

Great brands such as; Jojo dog food, Binggo, Caamvet, Goldcrums, Rythm 93.7fm, the Beat fm, Zack's dog food, Husse dog food, Port Harcourt in pictures, Shutters, fix gadgets, pixpectiv........ get complete and photos at; www.kennelclubrivers.com/events.php

@lalasticla @seun @mynd44: I promised you all that I was going to keep you updated. Now, this is it.

Here are few pictures from the event.

This looks good.

Favorite dogs seem to be Lhasas and German shepherds.
Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by Tellemall: 3:17pm On May 21, 2018
Maket:
The pictures are not clear. It is not the best In Nigeria, not the best in West Africa, before you think of Africa. Let me upload some pictures from that held in Jos, then you compare and tell me the best.

Upload please, we want to see more dogs. Or you start a thread for the one in Jo's?
Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by longerthroat(m): 3:19pm On May 21, 2018
no body drag hushpuppy commot??
Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by elshanAutos: 3:41pm On May 21, 2018
Why so hard to take lots of pictures of the actual dogs?
Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by lekkan(m): 3:42pm On May 21, 2018
grin grin grin
seguno2:

Savage like a dog bite. grin
Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by aywhy93(m): 3:46pm On May 21, 2018
seguno2:

Yes, but not by telling lies of best in Africa when the OP does not have information about all African countries in this regard.

Lol... But You should already know it's sugarcoating nah..! wink cheesy
Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by Pidginwhisper: 3:47pm On May 21, 2018
Who dubbed this best in Africa?? Una go dey hype yourself anyhow

Go dogwalk for Southy or even ghana down there and come back come edit am the tag cmot. Lagos dogwalk sef beat this one hands down yet dem no dub am the best
Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by biacan(f): 3:48pm On May 21, 2018
longerthroat:
no body drag hushpuppy commot??
cheesy cheesy

Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by Pidginwhisper: 3:51pm On May 21, 2018
Drchristian:
see pedigree German Sheppards
You get their papers? Pedigree goes beyond look grin
Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by dasparrow: 3:53pm On May 21, 2018
I love dogs. You cannot compare this event to the Westminster dog show at Madison Square Gardens in New York City. Besides, these pure breed dogs need special care which I believe most Nigerians cannot afford to give. Some dog breeds shouldn't be left in the heat like the brachycephalic breeds.

Nigerian dog owners will be parading the poor doggies in that terribly hot Nigerian weather and risk the dogs having their paws burnt from the hot asphalt.

Nigeria is not a conducive country to raise pure breed dogs. Many Nigerians can't even feed themselves and their kids well. Then, they go bringing pure breed dogs into the equation forgetting that dogs need a lot of protein - think meat- to thrive. And we all know meat is expensive in Nigeria and so is dog food.
Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 21, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
You get their papers? Pedigree goes beyond look grin
d one I have is a complete wimp compare to that but I'm sure that's pedigree
Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by Pidginwhisper: 4:07pm On May 21, 2018
Drchristian:

d one I have is a complete wimp compare to that but I'm sure that's pedigree
You can't be too sure by merely looking at them though wink . I've seen Long coated and short coated slants/straights looks exactly like these if not better and they ain't pedigree Ma
Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by DJMCOTTY(m): 4:09pm On May 21, 2018
Any space for my dogs?
Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by charlesu49(m): 4:13pm On May 21, 2018
dasparrow:
I love dogs. You cannot compare this event to the Westminster dog show at Madison Square Gardens in New York City. Besides, these pure breed dogs need special care which I believe most Nigerians cannot afford to give. Some dog breeds shouldn't be left in the heat like the brachycephalic breeds.

Nigerian dog owners will be parading the poor doggies in that terribly hot Nigerian weather and risk the dogs having their paws burnt from the hot asphalt.

Nigeria is not a conducive country to raise pure breed dogs. Many Nigerians can't even feed themselves and their kids well. Then, they go bringing pure breed dogs into the equation forgetting that dogs need a lot of protein - think meat- to thrive. And we all know meat is expensive in Nigeria and so is dog food.

Close I your mouth, did you not see the time the event kicked off? It was very early to avoid the sun.

Abeg how many poor people wey you dn see wey own pure bred dogs? How many poor people spend hundreds of thousands to purchase puppies? You're just assuming things.
Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by nkemdi89(f): 4:13pm On May 21, 2018
Authoreety:
I go with ds guy

Btw, I thought calabar people say this kind of dogs aint eatable cos da meat is poisonous
Story! Put the meat inside dry pot and boil with alcohol.
Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by Ganjafama(m): 4:19pm On May 21, 2018
nairavsdollars:
The short brown dog looks like Wike
No. Looks more like Tinubu.
Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by DONSMITH123(m): 4:20pm On May 21, 2018
hian
Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 21, 2018
logadims:
if you own a dog in Rivers state then you need to be a member of the club. chat me up on whatsapp: 09032273723.
Even Ekuke
Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 21, 2018
Dog is food. What's all this stress of walking dogs everywhere. Take it home and prepare a smoking savory delicacy
Re: Port Harcourt Dog Walk, 2018 (Best In Africa) by loomer: 4:31pm On May 21, 2018
only for naija nai them dey walk dogs on public roads

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet Freedom My Pregnant Boerboel / Cats Cats Cats / Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.