Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Attn Sienna : Vw Experts In The House: - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Attn Sienna : Vw Experts In The House: (751 Views)

Urgently Needed Tokunbo 2010 Toyota 4runner * Attn :- Inspired, Fhemmmy, Kunle-A / 15 Kva Soundproof Diesel Power Generator : Attn George_D / ATTN!!! PRICE OF BMW X6 BY LUMMA??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attn Sienna : Vw Experts In The House: by oblo(m): 9:00pm On May 25, 2010
I have a golf 3 and I think it uses a singlepoint injector caburetor sys. I have seen a statement somwhere on this site that multiple point systems are more fuel efficient etc. Now how do i replace mine with a multipoint system and what will it entail. Do i have to do any rewiring or change of brain box/. Please shed more light, thanks
Re: Attn Sienna : Vw Experts In The House: by oblo(m): 7:48am On May 27, 2010
Re: Attn Sienna : Vw Experts In The House: by oblo(m): 5:13pm On May 27, 2010
:p :p embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Attn Sienna : Vw Experts In The House: by oblo(m): 9:25am On May 30, 2010
no one, sienna you out there?
lipsrsealed
Re: Attn Sienna : Vw Experts In The House: by Nobody: 9:35am On May 30, 2010
Oblo, you're indeed correct - multi-point injection is a more efficient way to burn fuel, than single-point, which in fact is an upgrade to the regular carburretor.

Replacing your system, you'll need:

Multi-point intake manifold with throttle body from VW Golf II GTI Digifant.
Multi-point injector rail with injectors / fuel pressure regulator from VW Golf II GTI Digifant.
ECU from VW Golf II GTI Digifant.
Wiring harness from VW Golf II GTI Digifant. (Just the engine harness).
Air flow meter from VW Golf II GTI Digifant.
Air box and intake duct from VW Golf II GTI Digifant.

You're looking at approximately 5 hours to do the job, if your mechanic is good at what he does. I can do the lot in 3 hours now, as I've done so many in the past. If you need parts, I can supply.

Best of luck.
Re: Attn Sienna : Vw Experts In The House: by oblo(m): 9:46am On May 30, 2010
Thanks a lot Sienna, what cost are we lookning at to get those parts shipped in? You mentioned Golf II , Why? Mwhile I very much doubt if our mechanics here can do the trick, ummm, perfectly, what do you think?
Re: Attn Sienna : Vw Experts In The House: by Nobody: 10:12am On May 30, 2010
oblo:

Thanks a lot Sienna, what cost are we lookning at to get those parts shipped in? You mentioned Golf II , Why? Mwhile I very much doubt if our mechanics here can do the trick, ummm, perfectly, what do you think?

I was waiting for you to ask, why use VW Golf II parts?

The only multi-point Golf III was the 2,0 8V GTI, and the manifold will not bolt up to the Golf III 1,6 / 1,8 cylinder head. There's also the ultra rare multi-point 1,6 8V Golf III, but again the parts are hard to source, as it was only produced during the run-out production year, early 1998. Golf II GTI Digifant, on the other hand, was available from August 1987 through to September 1991, so many about to plunder for parts.

It's not a difficult job, but as you said, it all depends on the ability of your mechanic, I'm sure there are several VW / Audi techs in Nigeria that can do the job properly.
Re: Attn Sienna : Vw Experts In The House: by KunleA2(m): 10:30am On May 30, 2010
oblo:

Thanks a lot Sienna, what cost are we lookning at to get those parts shipped in? You mentioned Golf II , Why? Mwhile I very much doubt if our mechanics here can do the trick, ummm, perfectly,  what do you think?

In my own opinion, upgrade/complete swap should be left alone to someone who know what the h@#l they are doing. You don't wanna regret down the road in the event that you don't end up with a job well done.
Since these are small capacity engines, (though i don't have the figures with me)  i am not sure if the difference in petrol mileage will worth taking a gamble on the well being of the car.

If you get someone like Siena to do the job though, then that's another story. Otherwise  undecided
Re: Attn Sienna : Vw Experts In The House: by oblo(m): 11:32am On May 30, 2010
Hmmmm, well @ Sienna, the point Kunle raised gat me thinking, so I will ask you? Will it be worth it? And the fact that no be you go do am but our almighty "well trained and updated" mecos here in naija, grin
Re: Attn Sienna : Vw Experts In The House: by Onwan: 12:04pm On May 30, 2010
@Poster
You are better off driving your Golf 3 the way it is. Most tunning and upgrades are not factory optimised and can lead to long-term side-effects you wouldnt like. If eventually you find a Golf that has the specs you want (4 or 5), then you buy.
Re: Attn Sienna : Vw Experts In The House: by Nobody: 11:24am On May 31, 2010
oblo:

Hmmmm, well @ Sienna, the point Kunle raised gat me thinking, so I will ask you? Will it be worth it? And the fact that no be you go do am but our almighty "well trained and updated" mecos here in naija, grin

Would it be worth it in my opinion? I'd say no. The modest gain in performance, and fuel consumption will be offset by the cost of the conversion. Over here in Britain, the cars I work on tend to belong to car enthusiasts, who will pay good money to have their cars the way they'd like them to be.

In Nigeria, given the poor regular maintainance culture, I'd say such a conversion would be a challenge to the average mechanic.
Re: Attn Sienna : Vw Experts In The House: by oblo(m): 7:07pm On May 31, 2010
oK SO THAT MEANS CONVERSION IS OUT OF THE QUESTION THEN, WELL WELL, Will have to pick out another project then!! grin grin

(1) (Reply)

2007 Honda Accord (registrd) For Sale---1.75m---fixed / 2002 Honda Accord (Baby Boy) 6 CDChanger Leather, 08053638245,08098482242 @1.3m / Brand New 2010 Porsche Panamera For Sale: Price N29million Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.