Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,526 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

What The Hell Happened To Owerri? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The Hell Happened To Owerri? (3173 Views)

Nigeria: Is This The Hell They Are Talking About? / I Don't Read Social Media Anymore, They Abuse The Hell Out Of Me - Tinubu / "Who The Hell Are They?" – El-Rufai Reacts To Twitter Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by Sapiosexuality(m): 6:40pm On May 21, 2018
I left this city four years ago and it was full of life and even though the clean and green was no more, it wasn't in this stinking coma state. While in the bus entering Asumpta last night, the first I noticed was the bumpy road and excavations.

The bus took right to Egbu Road and the bump was still in high spirit. It was dark and I couldn't see clearly but the bumpy roads was telling a terrible tale. This morning, took a bus going to Mbaise Road, Douglas and I couldn't even recognise the place.

The stink was on a whole new level. Trash was on every corner of the road. I was on Douglas but was asking businesswomen how to locate Douglas road. How did the well paved Douglas Road become full of mud and filth in just four years?

Took a bus going to Naze, Nekede, Ihiagwa and the pain sunk in. I mean, I saw with my bare eyes this road getting rehabilitated. I saw this road when the quack contractors were forming that thing they called roundabout. What happened?

Before I got to Nekede, on bumpy ride of course, I was greeted by various types of rotten smell. After I passed Nekede I met a massive graveyard of human waste...by the road side of course and I held my breathe again. What the hell is this?

I saw the wishy-washy charade that buffoon in power called industrial clusters and I wondered why anyone in his right senses will demolish Eku-Ukwu market, against the court's ruling, that is, and try to force them to sell in a market that is under construction

How did Owerri become this dirty? To be frank I couldn't see one clean spot. This is not an exaggeration. The sewage, open like canals, will surely take lives when it rains. It's been long I felt such lifelessness but now I'm faced with this horror...maybe for life.

Is the governor only stupid or he is blind as well? I'm depressed. I couldn't sense any life in Owerri. Hopefully, I haven't seen the whole city. Hopefully, this is the storm before the calm. I knew rot was eating up this place and saw trailers but I didn't see this coming. This city is now rot itself. I'm heartbroken.

2 Likes

Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by Sapiosexuality(m): 6:41pm On May 21, 2018
Trying to post three photos I took. The thought came late I would have spoiled y'all with diarrhoea.

Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 21, 2018
A
Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by Lekan1o1: 6:43pm On May 21, 2018
B
Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by front3line: 6:53pm On May 21, 2018
Wailing continued
Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by Sapiosexuality(m): 6:53pm On May 21, 2018

1 Share

Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by Leopantro: 6:55pm On May 21, 2018
gringringringringringringringringrin.
"bump was still in high spirit"

Don't you know Roachas is working?
kindly post the pictures let us see but do it quietly or else his bootlickers like Abagworo will show you pictures of the "beautification of Imo"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:09pm On May 21, 2018
I still can't believe this is Douglas Road. Where are the paved roads? Who dug this canal and what plan has he got for the city? Seems people are running away from here. Seems what happened in Detroit is happening here. It seems like I can count the number of people in Owerri this night. Or has the busy life of Lagos rewired me?

1 Share

Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:13pm On May 21, 2018
Leopantro:
gringringringringringringringringrin.
"bump was still in high spirit"

Don't you know Roachas is working?
kindly post the pictures let us see but do it quietly or else his bootlickers like Abagworo will show you pictures of the "beautification of Imo"
To be honest with you, I'd like to be proven wrong. I'm trying to change base but this just weakened my spirit. It doesn't seem like there is life here anymore. Like people are running away from the messed up city. I really need encouraging photos. Can I stand this trash or the sound of death lurking around? I choose the sand flies and rats in Lagos and mosquitoes in Gwagwalada over this. I need encouragement. Abagworo post those photos please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 21, 2018
Just go back where u coming from....QED... or u better pull down this post coz u contributed to such mess also

1 Like

Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by Banmeallday: 7:21pm On May 21, 2018
Okorohausa is what happened

1 Like

Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by KingSango(m): 7:30pm On May 21, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
I left this city four years ago and it was full of life and even though the clean and green was no more, it wasn't in this stinking coma state. While in the bus entering Asumpta last night, the first I noticed was the bumpy road and excavations.

The bus took right to Egbu Road and the bump was still in high spirit. It was dark and I couldn't see clearly but the bumpy roads was telling a terrible tale. This morning, took a bus going to Mbaise Road, Douglas and I couldn't even recognise the place.

The stink was on a whole new level. Trash was on every corner of the road. I was on Douglas but was asking businesswomen how to locate Douglas road. How did the well paved Douglas Road become full of mud and filth in just four years?

Took a bus going to Naze, Nekede, Ihiagwa and the pain sunk in. I mean, I saw with my bare eyes this road getting rehabilitated. I saw this road when the quack contractors were forming that thing they called roundabout. What happened?

Before I got to Nekede, on bumpy ride of course, I was greeted by various types of rotten smell. After I passed Nekede I met a massive graveyard of human waste...by the road side of course and I held my breathe again. What the hell is this?

I saw the wishy-washy charade that buffoon in power called industrial clusters and I wondered why anyone in his right senses will demolish Eku-Ukwu market, against the court's ruling, that is, and try to force them to sell in a market that is under construction

How did Owerri become this dirty? To be frank I couldn't see one clean spot. This is not an exaggeration. The sewage, open like canals, will surely take lives when it rains. It's been long I felt such lifelessness but now I'm faced with this horror...maybe for life.

Is the governor only stupid or he is blind as well? I'm depressed. I couldn't sense any life in Owerri. Hopefully, I haven't seen the whole city. Hopefully, this is the storm before the calm. I knew rot was eating up this place and saw trailers but I didn't see this coming. This city is now rot itself. I'm heartbroken.

What I see is plastic. Plastic is unnatural to the any earthly environment it will just not combust which is break down and return to the natural cycle. Instead plastic plies and it gathers waste, soil, bacteria, disease and God knows what else in its mouth. grin Outlaw plastic.

www.undergroundriseup..com

Ase

Love Sango

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:34pm On May 21, 2018
LochOtieno:
Just go back where u coming from....QED...
or u better pull down this post
coz u contributed to such mess also
How bro? This is actually hard for me. How did the people turn a well paved, bitumen road to a clay ground? I couldn't recognise this Douglas and economically that place has been killed. Yes, economics can be dwarfed for a healthier life but in this case both the economic and healthy spirit were battered. Every city has a soul but I can't see one here. I need healthier pictures.

2 Likes

Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:39pm On May 21, 2018
KingSango:

What I see is plastic. Plastic is unnatural to the any earthly environment it will just not combust which is break down and return to the natural cycle. Instead plastic plies and it gathers waste, soil, bacteria, disease and God knows what else in its mouth. grin Outlaw plastic.

www.undergroundriseup..com

Ase

Love Sango
Dude, you need to see these stagnant toilets. I'm heartbroken. Calling that plastic is euphemism. This is the lowest of the low. I was greeted with the scent of dead matter this morning. Why not just leave the city alone if you can't improve on it? Has the gift of shame departed the body of the state government?

1 Like

Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 21, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
How bro? This is actually hard for me. How did the people turn a well paved, bitumen road to a clay ground? I couldn't recognise this Douglas and economically that place has been killed. Yes, economics can be dwarfed for a healthier life but in this case both the economic and healthy spirit were battered. Every city has a soul but I can't see one here. I need healthier pictures.

Imo state and Owerri in particular has gone to the dogs.....same way Nigeria has gone to th dogs and is beyond redemption

however Owerri can be redeem 45% by apga..i love their leadership style.....
And Owerri can fully ie 100% redeemed by outright division through referendum

any estate I repeat any estate u Co habit with hausa fulani and their slave allies will never prosper or develop....

is a fact.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:48pm On May 21, 2018
Chino again grin

In as much as i want Rochas and his stooge out of Government, Rochas is a million times better than Ohakim.

Abeg no quote me i dey Gwoza Borno state now

2 Likes

Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 21, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
Chino again grin

In as much as i want Rochas and his stooge out of Government, Rochas is a million times better than Ohakim.

move straight to sambisa nd have peace....
Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:58pm On May 21, 2018
LochOtieno:

Imo state and Owerri in particular has gone to the dogs.....same way Nigeria has gone to th dogs and is beyond redemption

however Owerri can be redeem 45% by apga..i love their leadership style.....
And Owerri can fully ie 100% redeemed by outright division through referendum

any estate I repeat any estate u Co habit with hausa fulani and their slave allies will never prosper or develop....

is a fact.
But seriously, how did this happen? I'm shocked. What happened to Douglas Road in particular? This slurry photos are making me question my memory and Rochas. Does it mean Rochas haven't seen this? Am I having blurred vision or my memory blurred by distance? Is it a question of party or the brain that run the party? But seriously, is there no good ground in Owerri? I think I'd need visit New Owerri tomorrow if I have the time. This is breaking my will to stay here. I expected open arms not open gutters. This is hard to take in.
Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:00pm On May 21, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
Chino again grin

Are you in Owerri? Have you been to Owerri? When last did you step foot in Owerri? This is not a political campaign or a PhD(pull him down) program. Surely, I'm getting more photos tomorrow. This is sad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 21, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
But seriously, how did this happen? I'm shocked. What happened to Douglas Road in particular? This slurry photos are making me question my memory and Rochas. Does it mean Rochas haven't seen this? Am I having blurred vision or my memory blurred by distance? Is it a question of party or the brain that run the party? But seriously, is there no good ground in Owerri? I think I'd need visit New Owerri tomorrow if I have the time. This is breaking my will to stay here. I expected open arms not open gutters. This is hard to take in.

please ask IMOLITES not me...? pls

moreover u can still get a better location for business....afterall people are doing business there....

unless u want build anoda shoprite there
Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by ipodstinks: 8:09pm On May 21, 2018
LochOtieno:
Just go back where u coming from....QED...
or u better pull down this post
coz u contributed to such mess also
He should pull down the post cos he exposed you. You people keep deceiving yourselves and be showing roads n GRA on internet and be shouting development. Shior.

2 Likes

Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:14pm On May 21, 2018
LochOtieno:

please ask IMOLITES not me...? pls

moreover u can still get a better location for business....afterall people are doing business there....

unless u want build anoda shoprite there
I'm not building anything. I just hope I didn't see everything. I really hope so.
Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 21, 2018
ipodstinks:
He should pull down the post cos he exposed you. You people keep deceiving yourselves and be showing roads n GRA on internet and be shouting development. Shior.

I always frown at slavery and enslavement

Read how Yoruba was conquered by hausa fualni by Prof banji akintoye

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 21, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
I'm not building anything. I just hope I didn't see everything. I really hope so.

then pack and go back where u coming from and stop disturbing thee peace of NL
Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by ipodstinks: 8:36pm On May 21, 2018
LochOtieno:

I always frown at slavery and enslavement

Read how Yoruba was conquered by hausa fualni by Prof banji akintoye
Bla bla bla. You can keep digressing on your ipob historical lies. It doesn't change the fact that world health organization said about your tribe as the dirtiest in the world. Fulani ko, gbalani ni. Hope you were not dead when just ten fulanis made a whole community fled even before attack by just send a warning. We don't cry and do fasting and prayers here like you people. Tomorrow, go and post small roads n gra as development for the gullibes to see.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by ipodstinks: 8:39pm On May 21, 2018
LochOtieno:

then pack and go back where u coming from and stop disturbing thee peace of NL
Oga, go n chase him if what he's posting is paining you.

1 Like

Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 21, 2018
ipodstinks:
Bla bla bla. You can keep digressing on your ipob historical lies. It doesn't change the fact that world health organization said about your tribe as the dirtiest in the world. Fulani ko, gbalani ni. Hope you were not dead when just ten fulanis made a whole community fled even before attack by just send a warning. We don't cry and do fasting and prayers here like you people. Tomorrow, go and post small roads n gra as development for the gullibes to see.

I can't make out any sense or meaning from this?

explain more

2 Likes

Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:42pm On May 21, 2018
Myndd44, Lalasticlala, Dominique, Seun, please don't let these two guys derail this thread.

1 Like

Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by Yewandequeen(f): 9:04pm On May 21, 2018
It can only be in Nigeria.
Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:12pm On May 21, 2018
Sapiosexuality:

I left this city four years ago and it was full of life and even though the clean and green was no more, it wasn't in this stinking coma state. I couldn't sense any life in Owerri.

Proverbs 28:28 (CEB) When the wicked rise up, people hide, but when they are destroyed, the righteous multiply.

It will soon pass! The clock is ticking!

Look at the state of someone moulding statues for what exactly

And he is talking about prevention of Ebola shocked shocked shocked

Okorocha Rochas must be a very dirty human being undecided

I mean, this is an eyesore undecided

1 Like

Re: What The Hell Happened To Owerri? by zicoraads: 9:13pm On May 21, 2018
To think I used to envy Imolites back in the day when Okorocha will plaster pictures of developmental strides on NTA. That advert used to take up to five minutes. The way the commentator kept naming his achievements with pictures will make me go green with envy.

Then I met some Imolites who told me it was all one big scam angry embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buratai Slams Troops For Fleeing Boko Haram Attacks,But Commander Fires Back / Buhari's Integrity Is As Clean As Tinubu's Teeth : Reno Omokiri. (Pic) / Yet They Cry Everyday, "Buhari Wants To Islamise Nigeria"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.