Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Must Ladies Burn Jollof Rice? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Must Ladies Burn Jollof Rice? (940 Views)

Surprising Ways To Enjoy Nigerian Jollof Rice / Gambia Beat Nigeria , Ghana And Senegal In Jollof Rice Competition / Let It Burn! Five Tips For The Perfect Jollof Rice- Yemisi Odusanya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Ladies Burn Jollof Rice? by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 22, 2018
Does it makes it more delicious? My girlfriend always burn a substantial part of the rice when cooking jollof rice, even in this hard period.
Re: Must Ladies Burn Jollof Rice? by Kylekent59: 2:11pm On May 22, 2018
Ollarff:
Does it makes it more delicious? My girlfriend always burn a substantial part of the rice when cooking jollof rice, even in this hard period.

What is your prob Mr man.

That is what brings out that party rice scent.
Re: Must Ladies Burn Jollof Rice? by Rubyventures: 2:45pm On May 22, 2018
Kylekent59:

What is your prob Mr man.

That is what brings out that party rice scent.

No it doesn't, you don't need to burn it to get that aroma watch this video and you will see the technique
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1Ju6YhdqFI
Re: Must Ladies Burn Jollof Rice? by lifenajeje(m): 11:40am On Jun 11, 2018
There are different ways to achieve jollof rice

Going by her burning method tell her not to add much water after perboiling

When the rice is almost ready she should turn to low heat...

Even if the rice is not yet as soft as she wants it to there is no need adding water.

If she does not cook with an airtight pot she should use nylon or moon moon leaves to prevent the steam from escaping..

Stir from time to time till u start hearing the popping sound from the pot

This was it will dry up and u don't have sizable sum burning in ur pot

(1) (Reply)

Caught In My Mum's Fish Pond / I Sell Clean Cow Skin/kpomo/kanda In Eungu State / Prices Of Commodities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.