Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City (5183 Views)

Qatar Begins Construction Of 500,000 Housing Units For Less Privileged In Kaduna / 7,315 Apply For Fg’s 5,000 Housing Units In 1 Week / Enugu State Governement Builds 100 Housing Units For Workers (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by OdionAkghigbe: 5:30pm On May 22, 2018
…ground-breaking ceremony for June, project to be completed within 12 months

The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has sealed a deal for the construction of 1,800 housing units in Benin City, with MIXTA Africa, a private property development company to boost the housing stock in Benin City, the state capital

The deal was sealed during a meeting between the Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki and MIXTA Africa’s team, at the Government House, on Tuesday, in Benin City.

Obaseki said the state has acquired 75 hectares of land for the housing project which would be sited close to the Benin Industrial Park, and assured that “The state government will provide the infrastructure for the project to ensure quality and affordable homes for our people.”

He said the ground-breaking ceremony for the housing project will be done by the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo in June.

The governor explained, “The plan is to provide accommodation for individuals who will be working at the Industrial Park as we anticipate that the park will create jobs.”

According to him, the housing project will boost local businesses in the state as some of the materials to be used for the project, such as ceramics, steel, roofing sheets will be produced locally in the state, noting, “We want to use the project to develop the supply chain of inputs that are locally produced in the state to grow our local businesses.”

He said the state government is in talks with civil servants on how members of the unions can access the National Housing Fund, with which they can benefit from the housing project.

He said that the state is also working with the Federal Mortgage Bank on the possibility of providing mortgage for civil servants to enable them key into the opportunities the housing project offers.

The Managing Director, MIXTA Africa, Mr. Kola Ashiru-Balogun, said the first phase of the project will commence in June and will be completed within 12 months.

Ashiru-Balogun said MIXTA Africa has a record of over 10,000 housing units developed across Africa and has decided to partner with the state because of the Obaseki led- administration's drive for developmental projects, adding that payment plan for the houses would be for 24 months and above, on interest-free rate.

He added that “MIXTA Africa is discussing with financial institutions to see how arrangement can be made to provide longer tenured financing payment plans. We recognise the market and we will offer affordable housing. The governor has indicated that we use the project to create jobs.”

PHOTO 1:
Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki (middle); his deputy, Rt.Hon. Philip Shaibu (3rd right); Executive Chairman, Edo Development and Property Agency (EDPA), Ms Isoken Omo (second left); Managing Director, MIXTA Africa, Mr. Kola Ashiru-Balogun (3rd left); Director, MIXTA Africa, Mr. Daniel Font (left);Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Osarodion Ogie Esq. (2nd right); and Chief of Staff to Edo State Governor, Chief Taiwo Akerele (right) after sealing the deal to construct 2000 housing units in Benin City, on Tuesday, at Government House.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by OdionAkghigbe: 5:35pm On May 22, 2018
PHOTO 2:
Managing Director, MIXTA Africa, Mr. Kola Ashiru-Balogun signing the deal to construct 1,800 housing units in Benin City, on Tuesday, at Government House.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by OdionAkghigbe: 5:37pm On May 22, 2018
PHOTO 3:
L-R: Edo State Deputy, Rt.Hon. Philip Shaibu (right); Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Osarodion Ogie Esq.; Chief of Staff to Edo State Governor, Chief Taiwo Akerele; and Executive Chairman, Edo Development and Property Agency (EDPA), Ms Isoken Omo, signing documents to construct 1,800 housing units in Benin City, on Tuesday, at Government House.

1 Like

Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by OdionAkghigbe: 5:43pm On May 22, 2018
OTHER PHOTOS:

Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by OdionAkghigbe: 5:46pm On May 22, 2018

Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by achp(m): 7:00am On May 23, 2018
ok,it's a welcome development... nice one..FTC

1 Like

Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by ibkgab001: 7:01am On May 23, 2018
I’m so happy.

See the smartness about their dressing unlike the Adam’s apple sorry Oshiomhole over sized coat like mafians suit

1 Like

Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by Oceannaagent: 7:02am On May 23, 2018
A welcome development. we can still achieve housing for all.

1 Like

Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by ajiwo1: 7:03am On May 23, 2018
FTC second time in the history
Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by Notatribalist(m): 7:04am On May 23, 2018
My governor is working o..I prefer this man to Abode given the resources available to them..

5 Likes

Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:11am On May 23, 2018
Kudos
Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by faithfull18(f): 7:11am On May 23, 2018
As long as it benefits the common man....then it's good.

Visit my profile for your affordable _______.
Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by osborn4u: 7:13am On May 23, 2018
Great move. This guy is really impressing me with his every move. Kudos once again

2 Likes

Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by UAE123(m): 7:19am On May 23, 2018
Kudos to the ever busy governor, I believe your emergence as the governor of Edo state is one of the best thing to have happen to the state. Keep the flag flying & continue to develop the entire state.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by ritababe(f): 7:20am On May 23, 2018
osborn4u:
Great move. This guy is really impressing me with his every move. Kudos once again

yeah he is a business man am not surprise.

kudos to him

2 Likes

Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by SniperSmurf(m): 7:30am On May 23, 2018
Better not steal the money o.
Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by chukxie(m): 8:10am On May 23, 2018
Nice development. I pray it see the light of day. Projects like this should be replicated all over Nigeria. Every major towns, LGA, cities ...should have multiple and affordable estates for ordinary citizens to purchase.

1 Like

Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by slawomir: 8:16am On May 23, 2018
isoright

i will Neva give up on my nation as a true Nigeria

wait o
is it edpa or bdpa

most Uniben Students see it and call it bdpa
Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by fiercehillz(m): 8:17am On May 23, 2018
They built a five star hospital without facilities while staff and patients at the central hospital are suffering... Housing without proper healthcare ... am tired of this country o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by tonididdy(m): 8:18am On May 23, 2018
Only 2 governors in Nigeria Ambode and Obaseki...It's all work work work for these guys.

proudly Edo !
Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by tonididdy(m): 8:31am On May 23, 2018
OdionAkghigbe:
OTHER PHOTOS:

I feel privileged to be from edo state the past 9years has been haven in the state , God blessed us with active governors from oshiomole and now Obaseki.

The pace is not even slow, I am really impressed and wish the rest of Nigeria hardworking governors like edo state has been enjoying.

Not a single grumble from the Edo people or party opposition PDP, everyone is just happy with the states development.

Thank you Edo governor and it's people. Thank you Adams Oshiomole for a perfect replacement.

The best part was when I returned my state and my street was tarred OMG I wash my car now once a week .

proudly Edo!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by AreaFada2: 8:43am On May 23, 2018
fiercehillz:
They built a five star hospital without facilities while staff and patients at the central hospital are suffering... Housing without proper healthcare ... am tired of this country o

You know people hate reality. Especially zombies from outside the state, with little knowledge of the state.

The one sector that has boomed in Edo state for over 20 years is house construction. Since investing in other sectors ends up with stories that touch, diaspora people invest majorly in housing.

Good accommodation is available in most parts of Edo and relatively cheap. And virtually every diaspora person continues to build. It is not like the situation of Lagos.

We know all these PPP houses end up being very expensive and hardly even get to the poorest.

Therefore priority for now should be on constructing roads and other infrastructure in new areas surrounding Benin. They have very fine and some empty houses to provide access. Essentially to stick to the excellent Samuel Ogbemudia master-plan of the 1970s. Areas in Iyekogba, Oka, Ekae, Iguadolor, Eyaen and outlying places that have become new towns on the back of private people building relentlessly but no govt infrastructure.

While such signing of agreement grabs the headlines, it may not be well-thought out.

Irrua, Afuze, Ekpoma, Auchi, Fugar, Uromi and others can benefit from such too.

5 Likes

Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by donqx: 9:47am On May 23, 2018
hmm
Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by odigbosky(m): 9:48am On May 23, 2018
Very proud to be from Edo state but we can do more...we will do more. I am very happy to some extent we are not heavily endowed with crude oil like our sister states, maybe it wouldn't have made us look inward as we have done now. Though we have a huge gas reserve, i still believe we can get much more from IGR. We have a lot to do about Infrastructure not only in Benin but in order towns like Ekpoma, Uromi, Auchi, Afuze and Igarra. I urge the government to give out our bendel breweries to the private sector to manage while still retaining shares. Edo state consumes alot of alcohol. Our Edo Textile mill is dead, i don't know how they can resurrect it but it would be beautiful if we have one in Edo state to at least reduce the cash flight from our state to neighboring states like Anambra and Lagos where most of Our Ikue meeting women go to buy in bulk from. Then lastly our Schools need revamping, we need to build a special school for the Arts in Edo state. We can make a lot of money from the arts, we have the brains. We can do more, we can make Edo land better for our children....We can make Edo great again.....

God bless Edo State
Oba gha to kpere.....Isee!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by gabbie77: 10:44am On May 23, 2018
cheesy
Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by EDUECO(m): 11:32am On May 23, 2018
Is like this our governor has not heard of Akwa Ibom state?

Edo state needs roads like the ones in Akwa Ibom.We should stop encouraging mediocrity in Edo state.

Gov. Obaseki should start the construction of good roads in every part of the state,and especially in Benin City.

1 Like

Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by EDUECO(m): 12:00pm On May 23, 2018
tonididdy:

I feel privileged to be from edo state the past 9years has been haven in the state , God blessed us with active governors from oshiomole and now Obaseki.

The pace is not even slow, I am really impressed and wish the rest of Nigeria hardworking governors like edo state has been enjoying.

Not a single grumble from the Edo people or party opposition PDP, everyone is just happy with the states development.

Thank you Edo governor and it's people. Thank you Adams Oshiomole for a perfect replacement.

The best part was when I returned my state and my street was tarred OMG I wash my car now once a week .

proudly Edo!
At the moment ,Edo state is in dire need of ultra massive construction of well paved roads!

1 Like

Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by EDUECO(m): 12:02pm On May 23, 2018
AreaFada2:

You know people hate reality. Especially zombies from outside the state little knowledge of the state.

The one sector that has boomed in Edo state for over 20 years is house construction. Since investing in other sectors ends up with stories that touch, diaspora people invest majorly in housing.

Good accommodation is available in most parts of Edo and relatively cheap. And virtually every diaspora person continues to build. it is not the situation of Lagos.

We know all these PPP houses end up being very expensive and hardly even get to the poorest.

Therefore priority for now should be on constructing roads and other infrastructure in new areas surrounding Benin with very fine and some empty houses to provide access. Essentially to stick to the excellent Samuel Ogbemudia master-plan of the 1970s. Areas in Iyekogba, Oka, Ekae, Iguadolor, Eyaen and outlying places that have become new towns on the back of private people building relentlessly but no govt infrastructure.

While such signing of agreement grabs the headlines, it may not be well-thought out.

Irrua, Afuze, Ekpoma, Auchi, Fugar, Uromi and others can benefit from such too.
At the moment,Edo state needs massive road construction.

1 Like

Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by enomakos(m): 1:19pm On May 23, 2018
i am impressed
Re: Edo Govt., MIXTA Africa Seal Deal To Construct 1,800 Housing Units In Benin City by Ehisbaba78: 1:37pm On May 23, 2018
Edo like London, before Obaseki's first 4 years is over. Just 1 and half years now, and counting so well...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Stainless Steel Gate Designs Made By Virlibaq - 08027686029 / 1.5kva Hybrid Inverter System / Dexdee Fountains Pioneer In Water Fountain In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.