Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,771 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:15 AM

FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff (28618 Views)

NDIC Calls On Depositors In 20 Liquidated Banks To Claim Their Money / Northern Tomato Farmers, Traders Lose Over ₦10 Billion In One Week, Cry Out / Banks Lose Over N1bn As Hoodlums Wreck ATMs, Branches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by ayamprecious: 8:06pm On May 22, 2018
I so much hate FCMB N THEIR SERVICE

2 Likes

Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by BiafraIShere(m): 8:08pm On May 22, 2018
Mtwwww. This is not good for NCAN. This is WAZOBIA cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by xammy(m): 8:10pm On May 22, 2018
you will not promote old trusted staff, you prefer to employ new unknown hands. KWANTINUE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by brodalokie: 8:10pm On May 22, 2018
This bank? Lol chai
I remember 2006
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by Maket: 8:12pm On May 22, 2018
Make I go carry my chicken change commot from thievery bank.
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by nuelyoyo(m): 8:15pm On May 22, 2018
buchilino:

U BLAME DEM, WEN FCMB PAYS MOST OF DEM PEANUTS AS SALARY.
u just took the words out of my mouth. These banks think they are smart, they make billions of naira as profit on their staffs' sweat yet pay them peanuts. They will continue to experience fraud. I only blame the bankers that commit the crime and stay back in Nigeria, a smart dude should have gotten a visa, hit the bank hard, and say hello from the other side (abroad).

2 Likes

Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by blesoh(f): 8:17pm On May 22, 2018
The bank itself is fraudulent, once I get paid there, I transfer immediately.

3 Likes

Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by Twoclans(f): 8:18pm On May 22, 2018
xammy:
you will not promote old trusted staff, you prefer to employ new unknown hands. KWANTINUE

Promote ke? Their zonal heads and branch managers will sack good old staff with premium integrity to make way for female staff who warm their beds .

The banking system in FCMB is just as corrupt as the Nigeria civil service and political space .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by omoolorire(m): 8:18pm On May 22, 2018
[quote author=Maket post=67789075]Make I give carry my chicken change commot from thievery bank. [/quote

Oga Ade FCMB is never a thievery bank as you have said in fact it is one of the best bank in Nigeria today. It is only that the system is faulty which will be corrected very soon.
Don't close your account and thank me later

3 Likes

Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by BlackHatNaija: 8:20pm On May 22, 2018
If bank staffs are not to be trusted then there's a problem.
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by kuuljay(m): 8:21pm On May 22, 2018
When the society pays a deafening ear to sudden wealth without legitimate sources things will go wrong,

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by omoolorire(m): 8:22pm On May 22, 2018
Twoclans:

Promote ke? Their zonal heads and branch managers will sack good old staff with premium integrity to make way for female staff who warm their beds .

The banking system in FCMB is just as corrupt as the Nigeria civil service and political space .

I will not dispute the fact that in such an environment we still have bad eggs however, it is not like that in every branches of FCMB. It is a good bank you just try and relate well you will see beyond what you believe.
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by SalamRushdie: 8:26pm On May 22, 2018
Twoclans:
When they keep sacking good staff everyday with the excuse of performance .What does FCMB expect ?The bank is just a haven of disgruntled elements posing as bankers.

Anyway what do expect from a bank funded by the Balogun family .An institution funded on fraudulent activities will always produce fraudulent staff. The staff only took their own share of the loot. I just pity the depositors.

How is the Blaogun family dubious? Can you share

1 Like

Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by Cutehector(m): 8:31pm On May 22, 2018
Go save your monies in the ground instead....
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by Izen: 8:35pm On May 22, 2018
I transferred money to someone using fcmb since 2nd May this month through my bank's mobile app. It left my account successfully and upon investigation, the money was actually sent by my bank immediately. The recipient never got the money, I'm talking over 50k. The recipient kept going back to complain but they kept claiming nothing entered the account. It took me going to my bank yesterday and following up today for that transaction to be eventually traced. Guess what? Awon oloshi got the money but never posted it. The recipient just sent me an alert this evening showing the account just got credited today. Imagine, from 2nd May to 21st. Remind me why I should never bank with fcmb. Useless bank.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 22, 2018
Those criminals will be forming big boys and slay queens on top people's sweat.
Criminals. angry
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by Twoclans(f): 8:46pm On May 22, 2018
SalamRushdie:

How is the Blaogun family dubious? Can you share
Do you have an idea the fraudulent deals that happens behind the stock exchange market as it relates to FCMB? That bank short changes its shareholders while the CBN watches because the Baloguns have things settled.

Ask any FCMB staff the fraud that goes on behind their monthly business /performance reports.Those reports are as good as the more you look the less you understand.

The bank has a few good staff but I can categorically tell you that the bad eggs in the system is as high as 85%.

3 Likes

Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by Twoclans(f): 8:51pm On May 22, 2018
omoolorire:

I will not dispute the fact that in such an environment we still have bad eggs however, it is not like that in every branches of FCMB. It is a good bank you just try and relate well you will see beyond what you believe.

I am very sure the millions of salary earners that have been defrauded by this bank all in the name of salary loans will never agree with your above submission. You are correct the bank has at least 15% of its staff force that are a little bit good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by dataking: 8:58pm On May 22, 2018
Useless bank, they lured my brother who was a top man at First Bank foreign exchange department to join them and help them build their western union and treasury department.
After he had done all they needed with excellence, they sacked him by just calling him into an office and showing him the letter.

They only keep useless staffs that are unqualified and cheap to keep in service.

3 Likes

Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by dataking: 9:00pm On May 22, 2018
What do you expect from a family owned bank.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by dataking: 9:02pm On May 22, 2018
[quote author=omoolorire post=67789228][/quote]
Mr damage controller. PR campaign officer. How market.
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by GoldCircle: 9:06pm On May 22, 2018
My take: the reviews on this thread so far have not been staged managed or arranged. It is a reflection of public perception of FCMB. I’ll advise the owners and management to look inward and treat their staff well. Behind all the ads and promos, FCMB is gaining a notorious reputation with fraud and disgruntled staff. There’s a limit to cost cutting and casualisation of staff. Water will always find its level.

A word they say is ....

All the good hands have left or are leaving your Bank. remember Intercontinental, PHB and even Wema.

6 Likes

Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by jaxxy(m): 9:07pm On May 22, 2018
xreal:
I am not surprised.

There was a morning I was in one of their branches.
A woman walked in complaining of unauthorized withdrawals from her account via ATM.

She complained bitterly in the banking hall, she said her ATM card had expired over a year ago and never got a new ATM card intentionally.
She was flinging her card for whoever cared to see the expiry date on it while complaining.

Those bankers couldn't explain, in fact they didn't show any sign of concern, it looked as if it was a normal occurrence to them.

After the woman left, few of them talked silently and all bursted into laughter.

I felt bad.

Since then, I run from FCMB.

She shud hv hone straight to the bank manager or operations manager. They will investigate and if the bank is at fault they will pay or made to pay.

Alot of bankers are actually fraudulent bt it depends on the bank system of operations to check and keep transactions clean and detect shady/questionable practices by staff or customers too. If the bank system of operations is poor more frauds happen.
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by newoffer: 9:08pm On May 22, 2018
omoolorire:

In as much you can't pray for your father's investment to pack off over night. Pls learn to address issues on social media. Otunba Subomi has really sacrifice a lot to make the bank become what it is today. Go and read my post today on this you will find answer to your problem there. To be honest there is nothing wrong with the bank but the system is faulty.
I know board of director very well, they must have been thinking on what to do ASAP.
. My regrets is that I just opened a business account. Walahi , all their staffs are underpaid just like his fellow ijebu Telecom man. Underpaying Junior staffs.
most of their staffs are secondary School leaver. the highest is ND.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by walosky(m): 9:09pm On May 22, 2018
Why wouldnt that happen since banks hsve declined to convert them to permanent staff
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by omoolorire(m): 9:11pm On May 22, 2018
dataking:

Mr damage controller. PR campaign officer. How market.

God bless you jare omo odo

1 Like

Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:14pm On May 22, 2018
I can't leave my whole 100milla 4 any bank e beta make I use the moni put investment within the neighborhood,

U Kip close to 100+ milla 4 bank within 3months u never touch am that's how they begin eye person moni

2 Likes

Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by omoolorire(m): 9:21pm On May 22, 2018
walosky:
Why wouldnt that happen since banks hsve declined to convert them to permanent staff

That is not an excuse to commit crime!
I worked there as a DSA for five years and when conversion was not forthcoming honorably I resigned. To God be the glory today. I use to tell my colleagues at work now that if you are not discipline you can't work in a financial institution.

1 Like

Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by ofuonyebi: 9:27pm On May 22, 2018
this is why this country is in economic mess...people you put in trust of money and still pay them...are the devilish RATs...that eats all the money

shame of a nation!...this is why we will always look for a president like Buhari to fight corruption..we will only hear the noise..but not the justice..
Re: FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff by Baronnaire: 10:05pm On May 22, 2018
My friend uses FCMB as his salary account, he equally is currently servicing a loan with them.
They usually debit his salary account monthly and never reflects the debit amount on the loan account, this was noticed because their mobile app usually shows the pending debit amount on the loan account.

After several complaint about the inaccurate pending debit balance with screenshots of the account, FCMB quietly removed that feature from their mobile app.
Now people just get debited without knowing what's left to be paid.

When asked why the feature was removed, FCMB simply said that most customers complained that they don't want the feature. Who? How? When? without opinion pool?

FRAUDULENT BANK INDEED.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Save Money On Jumia And Konga Black Friday Deals / SunTrust, The Branchless Bank Opens In Lagos / Lamido Sanusi's Performance - Brilliant, Over-hyped, Or Mediocre?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.