Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,815 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) (37093 Views)

Ahmed Musa Reacts To Controversy Over Refusal To Shake Governor Abba Kabir / Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Donates Rice To Kano People (Photos) / Ahmed Musa Opens Filling Station In Kano (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by CoalitionNaija(m): 10:23pm On May 22, 2018
Femistico:
But me I'm not understanding ooo, is it frees or feed? How can he free prisoners with which power or authority
he can free prisoners.
you too can do same.
all you need do is go to a prison yard, talk the men in charge about those who are serving terms but with fine as option.
for the fact they have no one to pay the fine, they languish in the prison.
you will surprise to find a fine of 20k or a four year prison term,
Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by Joshuamilarge(m): 10:24pm On May 22, 2018
I guess you meet to spell feed and on t freed. if I could remember, his neither a judge nor a Governor.
Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by QueenDeborah(f): 10:27pm On May 22, 2018
Britishcoins:
I admired his gesture but that thing is not bag of rice. It is actually 10 mudu of rice.

Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by linearity: 10:30pm On May 22, 2018
I don't understand....those who have better insight can you please shed some light?

How can he free prisoners, is he a Judge or the President who can free prisoners?

1 Like

Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by Ibrahim505(m): 10:35pm On May 22, 2018
There are many individuals that are imprisoned to an offence of less than N10k. Anyone that can pay the money officially to the prison officer in charge will automatically set the prisoner free. But this is limited to those with the case of stealing or debt and not murderers, or armed robbers.
That is why poverty and stinginess will remain a curse as many are there to spend years just because they can not afford as low as 4k to buy their freedom.
Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by Adetaiwoo: 10:37pm On May 22, 2018
OP the only set of people empowered to set prisoners free are the President, governor, Chief Justice of federation and Chief Justice of a state. No private citizen has such right. He can only pay for their fines.
Don't mislead unsuspecting Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by Ibrahim505(m): 10:42pm On May 22, 2018
Freeing a prisoner with minor offence is as simple as going to market: Just go to the prison, the officer in charge will give you the available list from where you can select the number you can afford to free.
Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 22, 2018
jazahakumulahikaira ahmed musa. may ALLAH accept this kind gesture as an act of ibadah
Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by mrtayesynchro(m): 11:08pm On May 22, 2018
Adetaiwoo:
OP the only set of people empowered to set prisoners free are the President, governor, Chief Justice of federation and Chief Justice of a state. No private citizen has such right. He can only pay for their fines.
Don't mislead unsuspecting Nigerians.

Open your mind to learning...

2 Likes

Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:18pm On May 22, 2018
Femistico:
But me I'm not understanding ooo, is it frees or feed? How can he free prisoners with which power or authority

Some individuals end up in prison because are they are unable to pay the fines for which they were originally convicted.
Ahmed Musa must have apparently paid off their outstanding fines to render them free - even you can also free such prisoners today if you are willing to pay for their freedom.
Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by Ikecheme: 11:30pm On May 22, 2018
Femistico:

Alot of people are in prison today just because they can't afford a token fine of less than 5k for minor offences
Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by zomoears(m): 11:37pm On May 22, 2018
madridguy:
May Allah accept his Ibadah.

This is the JIHAD I know, not wearing rag and start killing innocent people.

I hope our useless politician will learn the act of giving from Ahmed Musa.

I think youare contradicting yourself with the uae of the word jihad. Jihad involves violent struggle/agitation. A kind of "holy war". I

jihad
dʒɪˈhɑːd/
nounISLAM
a struggle or fight against the enemies of Islam.
"he declared a jihad against the infidels"
the spiritual struggle within oneself against sin.
noun: greater jihad; plural noun: greater jihads; noun: greater jehad; plural noun: greater jehads.
Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by Duru009(m): 11:50pm On May 22, 2018
This is becoming political

1 Like

Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by Nobody: 11:50pm On May 22, 2018
cool Even you as an Ordinary Nairaland Member ( ONM ) Can free Prisoners that have the option of fined but couldn't pay-off to free themselves from going to jail grin grin gringrin grin
Femistico:
Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by XingXhang(m): 12:21am On May 23, 2018
ALMUSTAQIM:
AHMED MUSA

I AM IMPRESSED

ONLY ALLAH CAN THANK YOU ENOUGH

GOD BLESS YOUR FAMILY

Allah thank him
Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by OBINERO(m): 12:51am On May 23, 2018
Thats a nice one bro...you will be world cup top scorer even if Nigeria did not make it far.
Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by perdollar(m): 1:51am On May 23, 2018
freed dem as chief judge or as a bokoharam?
Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by CDCEO001: 3:21am On May 23, 2018
Please forgive my ignorance, but how can an individual free prisoners?
Is either those prisoners were innocent in the first place or something else.

1 Like

Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by abbeyty(m): 4:46am On May 23, 2018
Musa for president
Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by Shome36(m): 4:50am On May 23, 2018
3,000 bags of rice? wow!!! just when Bauchi state government donated 1,000 bags to the entire state..... #Shame!!
Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by bellotaofeek: 5:25am On May 23, 2018
May Allah reward this guy abundantly.
Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by sam1990(m): 5:32am On May 23, 2018
Bless you bro
Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by vroy(m): 5:56am On May 23, 2018
giving back to the community is the best way to appreciate fans support. May almighty Allah bless you abundantly
Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by WaleOsu(m): 6:36am On May 23, 2018
zomoears:

I think youare contradicting yourself with the uae of the word jihad. Jihad involves violent struggle/agitation. A kind of "holy war". I

jihad
dʒɪˈhɑːd/
nounISLAM
a struggle or fight against the enemies of Islam.
"he declared a jihad against the infidels"
the spiritual struggle within oneself against sin.
noun: greater jihad; plural noun: greater jihads; noun: greater jehad; plural noun: greater jehads.

taking your copied and pasted definition into consideration,please point to the "violent" there
Because it is a fight,doesn't mean it's violent
for example,fight against diseases (enemies of humanity,we can both agree) doesnt mean we use guns and machetes to fight diseases
or better still,look up various definitions of fight
you need to know "fight" also means to strive for something,to campaign for the success of something
So,to "fight enemies of islam" means to campaign for what islam means and stands for,to strive for it even when faced with opposition from the enemies of islam
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by GreenArrow1(m): 7:13am On May 23, 2018
Femistico:

By paying the fines which the court requested of them in -place of a prison term. When the judge tells you, "Five years imprisonment with an option of 10,000 Naira fine." If you don't have the 10k, you'll be in jail until you find it or someone pays it for you like Musa just did. Clear enough?
Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by dataking: 7:48am On May 23, 2018
Laudable.
Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by olisaEze(m): 7:58am On May 23, 2018
haconjy:
Free prisoners,... OK o
I fear o! feeds or frees, abii he's now the governor?
Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by nnokwa042(m): 8:07am On May 23, 2018
ShyCypher:
I thought some zombies said Ahmed Musa was Edo & not Ab0ki?

Why hasn't he donated a kobo in Edo state?
atlist let it be one good thing from abokki not every time suicide bombing for 72 virgins
Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by jbtobsyn(m): 9:05am On May 23, 2018
ShyCypher:
I thought some zombies said Ahmed Musa was Edo & not Ab0ki?

Why hasn't he donated a kobo in Edo state?
People like you should be thrown out from midst of people. Stop this tribal war. He is the owner of his money he can do as he pleases. Where are your Edo rich men that cannot do what he is doing.
*SAY NO TO TRIBAL WAR*
Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by Nobody: 9:11am On May 23, 2018
jbtobsyn:

People like you should be thrown out from midst of people. Stop this tribal war. He is the owner of his money he can do as he pleases. Where are your Edo rich men that cannot do what he is doing.
*SAY NO TO TRIBAL WAR*

You must be jokin'.

Why else did I join Nairaland?

Tribal War MUST continue!

Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by kyutepanda(f): 9:34am On May 23, 2018
ehen oyah those that insults muslims should come o, religion and personality is different.....it would be nice if you can differentiate a bad hausa man and a muslim two things so different......anyways this is jihadl Mal.....Jazakumla Khairan
Re: Ramadan: Ahmed Musa Frees 40 Prisoners (Photos) by kyutepanda(f): 9:35am On May 23, 2018
ShyCypher:

You must be jokin'.

Why else did I join Nairaland?

Tribal War MUST continue!

lol you far from normal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Tops 2018 Instagram Football Celebrities Rich List [Top 5] / Pastor Taribo West: Trump Will Win The US Election / "Baby First Flight" - Kenneth Omeruo Shares Cute Photo Of His Wife And Baby Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.