Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,210 members, 7,822,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

How To Grow Your Nigerian Afro Natural Hair Without Hassle - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Grow Your Nigerian Afro Natural Hair Without Hassle (527 Views)

How To Transition To Natural Hair Without Damaging Your Hair / Do You Know You Can Stretch Your Hair Without Heat / How My 3 Year Old Now Cuts His Hair Without Crying.(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Grow Your Nigerian Afro Natural Hair Without Hassle by Pepuscutie270(f): 12:34pm On May 23, 2018
If you're tired of having relaxers, texturizers and other hair chemicals damage and weaken your hair, if you have made up your mind on how to start growing out your Nigerian Natural hair, then you're on the right place.

You know I was actually once like you. I have a very thick and coarse natural hair. It hardly takes in relaxer, I kept on moving from one relaxer to another just so my natural hair would be soft.
I used Olive relaxer kit, I used UBE, Mega growth relaxer and all other concoctions just so my natural hair would soften up a bit. But you know what I didn't realize? I was damaging my natural hair.

I'd say I was an ashewo for relaxer. Jumping from one to another. You know it's frustrating enough to have a natural hair that's too stubborn. If you have such natural hair, then be always ready to redo your hair after two weeks because it gets old easily and looks like you've carried it for months when it's only 2 weeks.

Having thick, coarse and very stubborn hair is very stressful. Trust me, I've been there and I know what it's like.

It got to a stage where the chemicals damaged and weakened my natural hair to the extent that my Natural hair started falling out. If I lay my head on a pillow, my natural hair will do fill up the pillow if I gets up. It started cutting and dropping on its own. I was in a fit of frenzy. Don't know if you've experienced such awkward situation whereby you start feeling like 'Maybe something is internally wrong somewhere'.

What could be wrong I kept asking myself but of course the answer to my question wouldn't fall from the sky.

It was at this point that I made up my mind to find solution to my problem. No natural hair should be falling off your scalp or cutting unnecessarily. If your natural hair starts falling off like that, then you should be worried because it means there's something you aren't doing right with your natural hair.
Natural hair should be healthy, thick and full. I started researching on the internet on the cause of cutting natural hair.

The research greatly helped and inspired me into making a decision on not using relaxer on my natural hair anymore.

There are two Things African women do not understand about their natural hair...

Continue reading
http://www.oliviangene.com/2018/05/how-to-grow-your-nigerian-afro-hair.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Couples Wedding Set At N45,000 / Unbelievable: World's Most Expensive Pair Of Shoes Go On Sale For N6.1 Billion ( / These Beauties Are Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.