Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Buhari Was Not Indicted Over PTF — Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Was Not Indicted Over PTF — Obasanjo (1703 Views)

Why Tinubu Is Not Indicted In Trending US Case – Keyamo / Can You Guess What Buhari Was Telling These States Governors In This Photo? / Amaechi Caught Sleeping In Calabar As Buhari Was Commissioning Projects (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Was Not Indicted Over PTF — Obasanjo by docadams: 5:07pm On May 23, 2018
FFK: "Buhari Begged Like A Baby; Obasanjo Made Mistake By Not Jailing Buhari"
https://www.nairaland.com/4519693/ffk-buhari-begged-like-baby

Currently trending on front page is the aforementioned topic allegedly by FFK and posted by one WotzupNG. In the article, FFK concluded, thus
”The greatest mistake that OBJ made was not to prosecute and jail @MBuhari for looting PTF funds.I saw the report and it was shocking.Billions of dollars had vanished. OBJ summoned him and showed him the damning report.Buhari begged like a baby.Sadly OBJ let him off the hook.”

FACT CHECK - No evidence of such incidence was ever recorded. Obasanjo view of the PTF probe is posted below

akintayo eribake
3 years ago
By Daud Olatunji

ABEOKUTA—Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, yesterday, said the report of the probe panel he set up when he held the sway as the president of the country did not indict the Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, General Muhammadu Buhari of any corruption while he was administering Petroleum Trust Fund.

Obasanjo, however, said the probe panel discovered that, Buhari-led PTF was inconsistent in its policies, saying other probe attempts on the activities of the former Head of State “was immaterial.”

The former President who stated this while playing host to Buhari who visited him at his Hilltop residence in Abeokuta as part of his campaign for his presidential election, disclosed that he had to cancel all his engagements to host Buhari.

The APC Presidential candidate who was accompanied by his running mate, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, the party’s National Chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, National leader of the party and former governor of Lagos, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, former Chairman of the party, Chief Bisi Akande, former Chairman of the People’s Democratic Party, Bernabas Gemade, former governor of Osun State, Olagunsoye Oyinlola, former Governor of Ekiti State, Segun Oni and the host governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun was in the state as part of his presidential election campaign.

While receiving Buhari who arrived his house around 11:20am, Obasanjo said his path and that of Buhari had crossed on many occasions.

According to Obasanjo, the two related closely when Buhari was Federal Commissioner for Petroleum.

Obasanjo said: “Another thing that I want to say, when you were going to become manager of PTF, we talked about it and when you finished and I took over, we looked into it again.

’When we looked into it, there was really nothing amiss except that, that organisation went from road building to mosquito net buying and all sort of things.

“Although there was an investigation, its report was not of any material importance. I thought that I should say it today that I have this opportunity because I hope people will face issues rather than trivialities.”

Exchange of letters

While speaking on the disagreements he had with Buhari over his presidential ambitions, Obasanjo disclosed that he and the APC Presidential candidate had exchanged a lot of letters since he began the political journey especially for 2015 election.

He said: “Our paths have crossed on a number of occasions and when I was told you are coming to Ogun State, I wasn’t sure whether you will come here or not. But I told my boys; whatever programme we have outside Ogun State for today, let us shelve it just in case Muhammadu, his party and his team decide to visit us.”

“You will remember when you decided to contest, you wrote me a letter. And I replied your letter. When you became the flag bearer of your party, you wrote me another letter. I replied your second letter because I believe that you have honoured me by writing and I should of course reciprocate by also responding to your letter.

“You have kindly underlined what I want everybody to remember; that I am a card-carrying member of another political party. But I have always said that party or no party, what is paramount for me is Nigeria.

Obj makes case for

infrastructure devt

“I will beg of you to add infrastructure development on your agenda. It’s very important. You may take it as part of economy but I will take infrastructure as special and give it special attention. For all political parties that are trying to woo us to vote for them in the coming election; let’s go away from trivialities, let’s face issues and tell the people of this country what we will do to deal with these crying problems of our country.

In his remarks, Buhari who also had on his entourage, his wife, Aisha; wife of former Ekiti State governor, Bisi Fayemi among others pledged not to be dictatorial if he is elected as the President of the country in the coming election.

Buhari said he had made a lot of efforts to woo Obasanjo to APC but, did not succeed, describing Obasanjo as most experienced leader in Nigeria.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/buhari-not-indicted-ptf-obasanjo/amp/

I doubt if OBJ is even aware of the content of FFK post

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was Not Indicted Over PTF — Obasanjo by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 5:10pm On May 23, 2018
Nonsense ... buhari remains a useless antiquity in this jet age

1 Like

Re: Buhari Was Not Indicted Over PTF — Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 23, 2018
FFK is a nuisance.
OBJ clearly said in his book, Buhari was clean in his management of PTDF.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was Not Indicted Over PTF — Obasanjo by CilicMarin: 5:23pm On May 23, 2018
Ok

1 Like

Re: Buhari Was Not Indicted Over PTF — Obasanjo by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:25pm On May 23, 2018
CilicMarin:
Ok
Ngeneukuenu
Re: Buhari Was Not Indicted Over PTF — Obasanjo by Firefire(m): 5:25pm On May 23, 2018
That was then, to distort the truth.

Buhary enriched himself using other people. Kai Barber!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Was Not Indicted Over PTF — Obasanjo by menix(m): 5:27pm On May 23, 2018
life2017:
FFK is a nuisance.
OBJ clearly said in his book, Buhari was clean in his management of PTDF.

When they were friends right
And same OBJ supported him during that period to oust GEJ..

So take a chill pill nd see if Buhari would dare him...
Re: Buhari Was Not Indicted Over PTF — Obasanjo by Omeokachie: 5:28pm On May 23, 2018
OBJ did a cover up for Buhari over his handling of affairs at PTF just because he wanted GEJ out by all means.

When did OBJ become an investigator, judge and jury, and when did he acquire the power to acquit anyone of wrongdoing?

Today the monster he fed, shielded from scrutiny and help install has turned around to bare it's fang against him.
Re: Buhari Was Not Indicted Over PTF — Obasanjo by SolutionMee: 5:28pm On May 23, 2018
cry

Just in case it gets to front page

Help me to greet front page peeps that Mee is greeting them ooo.
grin grin grin

May the good Lord of Mee be with them all.

Amen

1 Like

Re: Buhari Was Not Indicted Over PTF — Obasanjo by wakaman: 5:35pm On May 23, 2018
If Ffk can read this, he should tell us whether he wasnt a run down druggie in bourdillon area, ajogbe street, surulere Lagos between 1988 - 1991, he had a smelly sore on his right foot, we all knew him in his pyjamas he escaped in from ward H yaba psychiatric hospital, your dealers - deputy, Woodhouse, obire are still alive to bear witness, your cousin Lola Fani Kayode did a movie series way back then - mind bending, as you wrecked your family away due to drug use , until your father's friend and crony Obasanjo mindlessly made you a minister, we remember very well as you sold household items to satisfy your cravings for hard drugs also we remember very well you were beaten Black and blue in the area for stealing clothes off dry lines. Your dogs you brought for sale too were killed.

In a sane society you should be a sober sub human rottening away in a shallow grave.

Stupid druggie.

This is a call out, I dare you.

Onigbana somebody.
Alaye baje.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Was Not Indicted Over PTF — Obasanjo by docadams: 5:45pm On May 23, 2018
So far so good, nobody has come to dispute OBJ words. Nobody how detractors try to twist history whether then or now, the internet will never forget

1 Like

Re: Buhari Was Not Indicted Over PTF — Obasanjo by somehow: 6:14pm On May 23, 2018
Most of us know the truth. 2015 would have exposed Buhari if he was a looter because everything else was thrown at him by the then ruling party.

Who is FFK that Buhari will beg? FFK? like what electoral or political importance does he command? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was Not Indicted Over PTF — Obasanjo by HtwoOw: 6:22pm On May 23, 2018
When i called FFK a mad dog , some idiots were quoting to insult me , Now how are they feeling ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was Not Indicted Over PTF — Obasanjo by HtwoOw: 6:24pm On May 23, 2018
somehow:
Most of us know the truth. 2015 would have exposed Buhari if he was a looter because everything else was thrown at him by the then ruling party.

Who is FFK that Buhari will beg? FFK? like what electoral or political importance does he command? grin

May God bless you abundantly for saying this

I mean i have a friend who still thinks my comments against GEJ is because i hate Yeebos , and i am telling him everyday , everytime that this man is the father of corruption ..... My point ?? After a failed assasination attempt , The PTDF probe would have been released anonymously to discredit Buhari

They used the WAEC , but they failed, abeg, PDP was desperate, they had the resources and power they would have leaked the report if everything else failed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was Not Indicted Over PTF — Obasanjo by docadams: 6:25pm On May 23, 2018
wakaman:
If Ffk can read this, he should tell us whether he wasnt a run down druggie in bourdillon area, ajogbe street, surulere Lagos between 1988 - 1991, he had a smelly sore on his right foot, we all knew him in his pyjamas he escaped in from ward H yaba psychiatric hospital, your dealers - deputy, Woodhouse, obire are still alive to bear witness, your cousin Lola Fani Kayode did a movie series way back then - mind bending, as you wrecked your family away due to drug use , until your father's friend and crony Obasanjo mindlessly made you a minister, we remember very well as you sold household items to satisfy to cravings for hard drugs also we remember very well you were beaten Balck and blue in the area for stealing clothes off lines. Your dog's you brought for sale to were killed.

In a sane society you should be a sober sub human rottening away in a shallow grave.

Stupid druggie.

This is a call out, I dare you.

Onigbana somebody.
Alaye baje.

Thank God , people who know the personality called FFK, are around to properly educate us. Apart from food, I think dope makes FFK chips like a stranded toad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was Not Indicted Over PTF — Obasanjo by somehow: 6:47pm On May 23, 2018
Facts which are very visible to the blind and audible to the deaf.

HtwoOw:

I mean i have a friend who still thinks my comments against GEJ is because i hate Yeebos , and i am telling him everyday , everytime that this man is the father of corruption ..... My point ?? After a failed assasination attempt , The PTDF probe would have been released anonymously to discredit Buhari

They used the WAEC , but they failed, abeg, PDP was desperate, they had the resources and power they would have leaked the report if everything else failed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was Not Indicted Over PTF — Obasanjo by AdolfHitlerxXx: 7:49pm On May 23, 2018
OBJ would really look a fool if he now turns around to say we should forget his 2015 story grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Was Not Indicted Over PTF — Obasanjo by sunmike065(m): 8:28pm On May 23, 2018
When your INTEGRITY is intact...even when they throw lies at you, there would be no concrete evidence to back it up...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Was Not Indicted Over PTF — Obasanjo by GavelSlam: 8:34pm On May 23, 2018
HtwoOw:

PTF.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Niger-delta Activist Annkio Briggs Blast Umahi Over Biafra / APC Inaugurates Elected State Chairmen, Including Imo State, Hilary Ekeh (photo) / Kano: APC Candidate, Ganduje Wins Supplementary Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.