Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches (3300 Views)

Funeral Service For Reinhard Bonke In Florida Draws Thousands / Kukah Warns Against ‘anti-fulani’ Campaign / Pakistanis Deeper Life Member @ The 2018 National Easter Retreat - PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:37pm On May 31, 2018
annyplenty:

I never said that it is church service that will take people to heaven. Also, whether people yield to the messages they listen to at their churches is a different issue entirely. What the issue here is that if there is a clash between time of football and time of church service or programme, choose to go to church. If there is no clash, stay at home and watch your football match.

Many of you don't understand the meaning of church.

All these church programs you mention were/are created by humans and turned into some rituals like pagans. Nothing will happen to you if you choose a football match over a church service as long as you are walking before God blameless. We have had many churches dedicate services to polithiefcians, which means these pastors call the shots as far as church services are concerned. The World Cup does not even last two months so how would it hurt anyone to miss church services in favour of football matches? The church bosses can even show the match on their screens and after that, do their thing. After all, a church is an assembly and not a building.
Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by annyplenty(m): 8:03pm On May 31, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

Many of you don't understand the meaning of church.

All these church programs you mention were/are created by humans and turned into some rituals like pagans. Nothing will happen to you if you choose a football match over a church service as long as you are walking before God blameless. We have had many churches dedicate services to polithiefcians, which means these pastors call the shots as far as church services are concerned. The World Cup does not even last two months so how would it hurt anyone to miss church services in favour of football matches? The church bosses can even show the match on their screens and after that, do their thing. After all, a church is an assembly and not a building.

The Lord Jesus Christ established the church by Himself as a gathering of two or more believers coming together to serve the Lord. Howbeit, they need a place for such meeting and hence the building.

The issue of what each church denomination does can be of discussion any other day. But what I am saying here is what the Lord asked me to say! I am only saying that the Lord says if such happens, then choose to come and serve him rather than stay at home to watch football.

What is difficult to understand in this one?

How many times have the bosses at companies asked their employees to stay at home because they want to watch big brother?
How many times have parents asked their children to stay at home because there was a cartoon to be shown on monday morning and the children must watch?

2 Likes

Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by Primesky(m): 8:20pm On May 31, 2018
Anything that takes or occupies a large chunk of your heart and passion becomes a god to you and that's adolatory.

What the OP said is true. I remember when I was in school, the Lord asked me a question. He said, how is it that people say they want to go to heaven, yet they take the things of heaven lightly and treat it as unimportant. Then He said how will it work? This question came because, on a fellowship day, there was also a football match fixed at that time, and many people opted for it rather than the fellowship.

Many people are ignorantly engaging in adolatory without knowing it.

God bless you @annyplenty. Please don't mind the scofers and insulters. May God open their eyes to see and know the truth.

2 Likes

Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:27pm On May 31, 2018
annyplenty:

The Lord Jesus Christ established the church by Himself as a gathering of two or more believers coming together to serve the Lord. Howbeit, they need a place for such meeting and hence the building.

The issue of what each church denomination does can be of discussion any other day. But what I am saying here is what the Lord asked me to say! I am only saying that the Lord says if such happens, then choose to come and serve him rather than stay at home to watch football.

What is difficult to understand in this one?

How many times have the bosses at companies asked their employees to stay at home because they want to watch big brother?
How many times have parents asked their children to stay at home because there was a cartoon to be shown on monday morning and the children must watch?

Your comparisons are too weak.

First of all, the Church is not a corporation where workers are paid to work and so obedience to the superiors is sacrosanct. The church is supposed to be an assembly of equals.

Second, the Church is not a parent to the worshippers. The Church is the worshippers. So, your parent-child sample does not carry any weight.

Last, serving God does not happen only in a church. What if I had served him together with my family through family devotion? Must I still go to a church before it can be registered that I have served Him?

You are just like the Pharisees who demanded total obedience to the rituals of the Law from Jesus. Don't put guilt into people. Even if football time clashes with church time, service to God and watching the match can still happen.

Hope you know that one way to serve God is to serve humanity? When you enter into a viewing centre and provide income for the owner who is trying to make a living, you are serving God in your own little way.

Because of you, many Christians have come to see church attendance as enough to cleanse their sins. You will see a fraudsters seeing himself better than his neighbor simply because he (the fraudster) goes to church while the neighbor doesn't. The essense for assembling as a Church that Paul gave has been lost.

Can you even tell me the essence of going to church today? Just one?
Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by paxonel(m): 9:39pm On May 31, 2018
annyplenty:

I really wish I could reply all comments but I will rather choose few to address. I will the the part painted red in your comment with the scriptures below.

Luke 10:38-42
Luke 38 Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.

39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus’ feet, and heard his word.

40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.

41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:

42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

In the scripture above, the Lord, Jesus Christ, paid Martha and her sister, Mary, a visit. Each of them had a choice between going to kitchen to prepare food for Jesus or sitting down at His feet to hear the Word of God. Martha chose to go to kitchen to cook for Jesus, thinking that Jesus will be delighted in her option, while Mary sat down at His feet to listen to the Word of God.

Eventually, Mary was overwhelmed by the kitchen work and came to complain that Jesus had allowed her to sit down and hear the Word of God rather than allowing her to come and help her to cook the food that Jesus would eat. She was however surprised that little or no premium was placed on Martha's cooking while all importance was placed on mary's hearing the Word of God.

If the Master, Himself, could place all emphasis on the one who sat at His feet to listen to the Word of God as against the one who was cooking the food for Him to eat, how much more somebody who now choose the time for bible study or sunday service to watch football match?

Think about this.
are you suggesting that Mary and Martha should keep sitting at Jesus feet listening to the word of God from Jesus forever?
If that was the case what time would Jesus had to go to cross and be crucified?
Will he spend all his life preaching to Mary and Martha without going to the cross for crucifixion and actualise what he has been preaching to them?

Try to understand what I'm saying, there is time for everything.
There was time when Jesus was preaching, there had to be time when he will stop preaching and surrender himself for crucifixion.
At the time of preaching it was expected that Mary and Martha should understand.
At the time of crucifixion it was expected that they should use what they have understood to develop their faith.
The same thing applies here, we don't go to church to keep practicing religion or keep wasting our time listening to semons .
We go to church to learn from the sermons. After learning we use what we learn to live our lives outside the church most importantly.

So, someone who has already learnt and thinks he will reserve his church periods to watch football matches, i think he is good.
Nothing is wrong with him
Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by annyplenty(m): 5:20pm On Jun 01, 2018
2 Timothy 3:1-4
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

1 Like

Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by annyplenty(m): 8:58pm On Jun 03, 2018
Jesus is coming. Stay ready.

1 Like

Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by annyplenty(m): 11:22pm On Jun 04, 2018
Give intimacy with the Lord a priority.

1 Like

Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by annyplenty(m): 6:00pm On Jun 08, 2018
Don't go into sins in this period of the world cup.

1 Like

Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by chaarly(m): 10:43pm On Jun 08, 2018
annyplenty:
Don't go into sins in this period of the world cup.
please throw more light bro
Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by annyplenty(m): 7:35am On Jun 10, 2018
chaarly:

please throw more light bro

if you have to go to russia, some of the things that are done around football arenas could be sinful. Sport betting and gambling are also inclusive.
drinking alcohol and and beer and many more.

1 Like

Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by annyplenty(m): 1:26pm On Jun 10, 2018
Love God more than pleasures.

1 Like

Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by annyplenty(m): 10:45pm On Jun 11, 2018
He that God loves, he chastise
Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by annyplenty(m): 10:09pm On Jun 12, 2018
I will continue to sound the warning until after the world cup.
Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by annyplenty(m): 6:43am On Jun 13, 2018
Let no love of pleasure hinder you from God.
Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by GEJfan1: 6:58am On Jun 13, 2018
You can't serve two masters
Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by annyplenty(m): 9:58am On Jun 16, 2018
GEJfan1:
You can't serve two masters

Truth
Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by annyplenty(m): 9:35am On Jun 17, 2018
Wherever you are reading this from, whether Russia, USA, Nigeria, Brasil, Kenya, or just anywhere, don't Forsake the Service of the Lord For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches or just any football match.

If there is a clash between the time of your local church service and the time of a football match and you are confused which to choose, choose to be at the presence of the Lord at His Service.

Shalom.
Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by annyplenty(m): 11:37pm On Jun 19, 2018
Let the Lord takes the first place in your heart. Don;t forsake the service of the Lord because of football.
Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by frank317: 12:03am On Jun 20, 2018
TheEminentLaity:
cheesy grin Seriously, please google religious delusions. Since the Lord talks to you alone tell him to speak to me or the people playing and watching the world cup. Why does he need you to speak to his creation?

Tell him to rescue the christian girl that's with Boko Haram because it seems allah rescued his own little girls. Also tell him that Nigeria has half it's population poor ie. Nigeria has the most poor people of any country in the world. Remind him not to be petty to worry about the world cup, many people including the extremely poor people have their only worry to be food to eat not watching tv.

You need to chill on the Bible thumping and grow up. It's turned you into a lunatic. Go out into the real world and see the diversity then reflect on how your god intends to roast over 90% of the world's 7 billion people and rescue only you in the rapture.

If these don't make you reflect on your beliefs, take my advice to seek help. You may think you don't need it but trust, you'd be better for it.

Shalom!

Thanks for this... I have always asked the guy to seek help... He is greatly disturbed.

Go through his thread since 2015 he has been having dreams of earthquakes in Nigeria, dreams of rapture, hailstones, Ebola and stuff.

The bad news is that his fellow Christians are seeing a mental case right in their faces but instead of helping him out they are busy encouraging him. No one has asked why none of his dreams for the past four years have done to past.

I have even begged him to get help.. But he feels like Noah.

I just feel for the guys shaa

3 Likes

Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by TheEminentLaity: 7:54am On Jun 20, 2018
Annyplenty, can I ask you a question: How was your life like before you got born again and how did it happen? Guess I'm asking for your testimony

1 Like

Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by frank317: 8:06am On Jun 20, 2018
Anny... Forget the usual online banter. I am truly concerned about u.

It is obvious fear drove u to Christianity that's why u have always having dreams and visions of doom. None which have ever come to pass.

How do u even sleep at night?

3 Likes

Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by annyplenty(m): 7:33pm On Jun 20, 2018
TheEminentLaity:
Annyplenty, can I ask you a question: How was your life like before you got born again and how did it happen? Guess I'm asking for your testimony

I was worse than most of you on the religion section of nairaland and was neck-deep in gross occultism, idolatery and darkness more than most of you before the Lord, Jesus Christ, sorted me out with mercy. I would not ordinarily have believed on Jesus Christ because of what I had seen and done and nobody would have been able to preach to me and win me for Jesus but He sorted me out by himself and the rest is .............
Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by annyplenty(m): 7:34pm On Jun 20, 2018
frank317:

Thanks for this... I have always asked the guy to seek help... He is greatly disturbed.

Go through his thread since 2015 he has been having dreams of earthquakes in Nigeria, dreams of rapture, hailstones, Ebola and stuff.

The bad news is that his fellow Christians are seeing a mental case right in their faces but instead of helping him out they are busy encouraging him. No one has asked why none of his dreams for the past four years have done to past.

I have even begged him to get help.. But he feels like Noah.

I just feel for the guys shaa

Thank you for your comment. It makes me stronger in the Lord.

1 Like

Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by TheEminentLaity: 9:12pm On Jun 20, 2018
annyplenty:

I was worse than most of you on the religion section of nairaland and was neck-deep in gross occultism, idolatery and darkness more than most of you before the Lord, Jesus Christ, sorted me out with mercy.
Let's not dwell on who's worse. You said you were deep in occultism and idolatry, interesting! could you elaborate. You could save a soul here.
I would not ordinarily have believed on Jesus Christ because of what I had seen and done and nobody would have been able to preach to me and win me for Jesus but He sorted me out by himself and the rest is .............

Just say what your life was like before and how it is different now. Details pls.

1 Like

Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by annyplenty(m): 9:28pm On Jun 20, 2018
TheEminentLaity:

Let's not dwell on who's worse. You said you were deep in occultism and idolatry, interesting! could you elaborate. You could save a soul here.
I may not want to go deeper than that for now, at least online, but if the Lord asked me to go deeper, I would do that. I want to people to be saved. That is why I am doing what I am doing and by the grace of God, people are being saved, not minding the criticisms. I am preaching the word and I am giving the revelational message God gives me.

Just say what your life was like before and how it is different now. Details pls.

By the grace of God, I am better because now I do things with the right perspective in mind. And that view can be found in the conclusion of King Solomon in ecclesiaistes 12:13
13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter[/u[: Fear God, and keep his commandments: [u]for this is the whole duty of man.
Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 20, 2018
TheEminentLaity:
:[s]D grin Seriously, please google religious delusions. Since the Lord talks to you alone tell him to speak to me or the people playing and watching the world cup. Why does he need you to speak to his creation?

Tell him to rescue the christian girl that's with Boko Haram because it seems allah rescued his own little girls. Also tell him that Nigeria has half it's population poor ie. Nigeria has the most poor people of any country in the world. Remind him not to be petty to worry about the world cup, many people including the extremely poor people have their only worry to be food to eat not watching tv.

You need to chill on the Bible thumping and grow up. It's turned you into a lunatic. Go out into the real world and see the diversity then reflect on how your god intends to roast over 90% of the world's 7 billion people and rescue only you in the rapture.

If these don't make you reflect on your beliefs, take my advice to seek help. You may think you don't need it but trust, you'd be better for it.

Shalom!
[/s]
Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jun 20, 2018
annyplenty:

I think some people are getting me wrong on this message. Let me clarify myself.

-1. I never said people should not watch the matches of the world cup. In fact, I myself will watch some of them live if I had the time.

-2. What I said is that is there is a clash between the time your church is to hold a service/programme and the time a football match is to be played and you have to decide which to do, go to church. Don't absent from church because of the ball. You can come back and watch highlights.

-3. Now think about this. If you stay at home to watch the football rather then go to church to serve God, what will you gain? Pleasure.

Then, will you not have fulfilled the scripture below (especially the underlined) which says

2 Timothy 3:4
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Sir,you don't need to make them understand ......you're on point .
God should give u more Grace & Wisdom to persist in serving Him ....Amen.
.....Like seriously,I sincerely need God's salvation & sanctification in my life right now.. cry cry
Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 20, 2018
JeromeBlack:
Too many crazy pastors nowadays.

God did not talk about gladiators in the coliseum during biblical times
God did not complain about chariot racing during biblical times

It is now world cup that is a sin. Nonsense.
He never said world cup is a sin angry
....and I can rightfully guess that you did not read what he wrote up there sad
Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by Nobody: 12:07am On Jun 21, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

Bro, you think church services is what will take you to heaven? I really don't understand the essense of church services that have not helped to make a lot of people good Christians. It is a waste. It is more profitable to tell people not to forsake God. Because going to church has not seem to make people good Christians. They go to church to listen to the same messages every week and yet many of them are no different from the people of the words in manners, especially in greed.

...Now,you made a very good point .kudos.
The truth is that church going doesn't take one to heaven...but to take a look at the people op was talking to,church going is very important to them & the true relationship they have with God..They have personally had an encounter with God in Truth & Spirit, hence,they need to growth their spiritual life & fellowship with God,both in quite time & fruitful association with other group of persons that share common interest ...technically, church gathering .
Got the drift ?.. wink
Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by annyplenty(m): 12:26am On Jun 21, 2018
Glycolysis:

Sir,you don't need to make them understand ......you're on point .
God should give u more Grace & Wisdom to persist in serving Him ....Amen.
.....Like seriously,I sincerely need God's salvation & sanctification in my life right now.. cry cry

God bless you sir!

Please read these 3 teachings. God will use them to help you in your request.

ttp://www.nairaland.com/3705186/born-again-10-practical-ways

https://www.nairaland.com/3045443/preparing-rapture-part-10-holiness

https://www.nairaland.com/3973192/preparing-rapture-part-11-crucifixion

1 Like

Re: The Lord Warns Against Forsaking His Service For The 2018 FIFA World Cup Matches by Nobody: 12:35am On Jun 21, 2018
annyplenty:

God bless you sir!

Please read these 3 teachings. God will use them to help you in your request.

ttp://www.nairaland.com/3705186/born-again-10-practical-ways

https://www.nairaland.com/3045443/preparing-rapture-part-10-holiness

https://www.nairaland.com/3973192/preparing-rapture-part-11-crucifixion
Thank you sir .....I will do just that .
Good morning ....and do have a blissful day.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If The Writers Of The Book Of Revelation Were Honest / Issues To Ponder On The Pretrib Rapture Doctrine / Atheists And Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.