Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,081 members, 7,842,096 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed (28040 Views)

Dapo Abiodun: How Amosun, Dangote’s Disagreement Cost Ogun $16b Refinery / $16b Power Projects By Obasanjo: Fact-Sheet $16B Appropriated, $13.5b Released / $16b Power Project: I’m Ready For Probe, Obasanjo Dares Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by Newpride(m): 8:36am On May 24, 2018
I will never take obj serious when it comes to politics..

The man is more evil than what we think .....

If not for God and atiku, obj would have 3rd term president thus remain there permanently...
How could obj have spent $16bn on electricity and yet we haven’t got the light till today.
Gej came on board and sold that same company where $16bn was spent to his friends and families. shocked

What a wasteful government? shocked

And fools are holding pmb and fashola responsible to get it fixed within four years despite pdp did it with billions of dollars for good 16 years without any meaningful achievement. shocked

1 Like

Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by igahdavid(m): 8:37am On May 24, 2018
This is too much
Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by Psalmpy(m): 8:41am On May 24, 2018
These millions and billions just weak me
Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by Viruscod3d: 8:43am On May 24, 2018
front5line:

Front your comment you have been blind probably from birth. Are you Igbo ? Only them see white n call it red.
its idiats like you dat are our problem in dis country, are you a fool? Wetin concern igbo and this matter, why are you so quick to turn everything into tribalism. I just pity you.
Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by selfmade22: 8:43am On May 24, 2018
later smbody go say yahoo dis yahoo dat' abeg sixteen billion dollars, nawa i really nid money
Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by Ijaya123: 8:44am On May 24, 2018
coolscott:
This is just to distract us from how much this government's performance in the power sector is a far cry from what they promised.

And suddenly being spoken about by the president probably because Obasanjo is clearly not not in favour of him

Who is us?

Speak for yourself that you're feeble-minded and can be easily distracted by news headlines from real issues.
Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by precious1967(m): 8:45am On May 24, 2018
Another season film to occupy Nigerians time for meanwhile. Instead of Nigerians to ask the present government to tell us their achievements. How many people are in prison for corruption? rubbish.
Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by Iceberg3: 8:46am On May 24, 2018
Ijaya123:
A can of worms -James Hadley Chase

Buhari will end up like Poferri grin
Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by hotwax: 8:48am On May 24, 2018
I didnt see Obasanjos name in the list na.

Buhari why na?
Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by jaxxy(m): 8:48am On May 24, 2018
Newpride:
I will never take obj serious when it comes to politics..

The man is more evil than what we think .....

If not for God and atiku, obj would have 3rd term president thus remain there permanently...
How could obj have spent $16bn on electricity and yet we haven’t got the light till today.
Gej came on board and sold that same company where $16bn was spent to his friends and families. shocked

What a wasteful government? shocked

And fools are holding pmb and fashola responsible to get it fixed within four years despite pdp did it with billions of dollars for good 16 years without any meaningful achievement. shocked

I still think obj is one of the most effective presidents. There were wastages bt not irrelevant spendings and nonsensical policies like we saw it Gej and buhari's govt. i still say obj is one of the smartest presidents we ever had. He can improve our economy greatly with the best minds. However he was corrupt bt who wasn't

2 Likes

Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by Viruscod3d: 8:49am On May 24, 2018
All buhari is good at is witchhunting .. how can you fight corruption like this. For more than 3 years buhari never accused obj of anything, just because obj criticised his govt he decided to attack. No wonder JAGABAN has been mute like a dying rat, he has no option than to worship buhari, if he talk anyhow, buhari will send his witches on a hunting mission grin grin .. funny govt

1 Like

Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by dvee2: 8:52am On May 24, 2018
Esseite:
From the write up... it seems obasanjo has been vindicated.

Vindicated how? The question still remains where is the power?
Even if you claim to spend $13 billion instead of $16 billion where is the power?

Do you have an idea what $13 billion dollars can do?
Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by fortune1968: 8:52am On May 24, 2018
coolscott:
This is just to distract us from how much this government's performance in the power sector is a far cry from what they promised.

And suddenly being spoken about by the president probably because Obasanjo is clearly not not in favour of him
Another ipob talking ! Buhari has always being the stomach ache of the south east NEVER THE ISSUE (S)
Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by DaudaAbu(m): 8:54am On May 24, 2018
In most cases more than 50% of the contract sum are released and the report didnt tell us the level of completion of such project

and who are the owners/chairmen and directors of the companies that got the contracts
Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by bionixs: 8:55am On May 24, 2018
front5line:

Front your comment you have been blind probably from birth. Are you Igbo ? Only them see white n call it red.
yes OBASANJO is from Enugu state. if the guy is blind,then it means YOU ARE DEAD and senseless
Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by tiwiex(m): 8:56am On May 24, 2018
PassingShot:
[s][/s]

It's better to be quiet and be thought a fool than to open mouth and remove every doubt.

We are talking about colossal waste of more than $13bn that could have changed our life for better, you are talking of the paper reporting the issue.

OBJ has never denied it for a day that he wasted the money and the opportunity. This monumental loss has been in the public domain for years. The NASS at some point investigated it but because our NASS is ever useless, nothing came out of it.

Awarding a contract of X amount is different from disbursing Y amount. Conclusion says 3 billion dollars was disbursed. I think there is some sensationalism here. NNPC awarded a 25 billion dollar contract without approval. Why is everyone silent? And has 25 billion been expended?

Conclusion. The total contract sum was 16 billion. How much of this was really spent? Seems it is 3 billion. Let these politicians stop tossing us around. Obj did not spend 16 if this report is to be believed. Finally, none was traced to OBJ personally. PMB should be after the contractors.

2 Likes

Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by utenwuson: 8:57am On May 24, 2018
debbie:
I usually don't comment on threads but this one got me. As much as we Blame government for failure to supply power, majority of our problem comes from the contractors, companies and public servants.
I wasn't surprised to see the name of my former company on the list. Let me tell you how corruption grows.
1. Government will publish tender for a contract.
2. Companies will submit their bid.
3. The government officials will start lobbying from these companies to pay money for theirs to be pushed. ..this goes as high as 40 to 100 million naira considering the contracts runs into billions.
4. Those with connection will eventually get the contract and they start.
5. A contract for 3 years will end up staying 6 years or more and these companies keep coming to government for claims which is usually in dollars not naira.
6. Contracts are inflated so much that only 40% of total sum is the actual cost for the job.

These civil servants become Lords and Kings that seat on files and government documents.

The worst part is that these companies end up not delivering on time, they inflate the prices and costs which nobody from government checks or verifies. ....after all they have collected their share.
These managers and CEO feed large from the government, they mingle with these government officials that keep crying our power supply is terrible. ..these men dictates who gets promoted, who gets appointed and who runs for a political post.

Nigeria is doomed....yes take it from me.
The corruption we are overlooking is the biggest threat that is killing Nigeria. ..
When it comes to sharing our commonwealth there is no ethnicity, no tribe or religion,these men come together and work as a team.

We can never get our power sector right until we are transparent from top to bottom....lest I forget, several uncompleted projects have been commissioned and those completed can not function to full capacity.

not just in power but almost all contract my dear.... it's so disheartening how civil servant aid the political class to finish this country.
Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by precious1967(m): 8:58am On May 24, 2018
from the report published where was it mentioned that Obasanjo awarded one of the contracts to himself? Idleness is worrying this present government. Abacha d most saint in the country, brainless statement.
Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by bionixs: 8:58am On May 24, 2018
Firefire:

Wetin concern Igbo man and my post?

So, in your dream life, anyone against this fraudulent government is automatically an Igbo?

I beg comot make I see road. Tribal bigot!
I have said it that south westerners are terrible by nature. some of my friends from there confirmed it. Those of them without such attitude are free by miracle
Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by DaudaAbu(m): 9:03am On May 24, 2018
dvee2:

Vindicated how? The question still remains where is the power?
Even if you claim to spend $13 billion instead of $16 billion where is the power?

Do you have an idea what $13 billion dollars can do?

Thank you.

As the head of gov't then he is responsible for what was given oit for what contract and wether such contracts are executed or not just as Pmb is being blamed for the insecurity in the country. His name might not appear in any of the contracts but He is being blamed becos he awarded those contracts. And knowing nigeria, such contracts have been abandoned probably for ever
Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by Reference(m): 9:05am On May 24, 2018
debbie:
I usually don't comment on threads but this one got me. As much as we Blame government for failure to supply power, majority of our problem comes from the contractors, companies and public servants.
I wasn't surprised to see the name of my former company on the list. Let me tell you how corruption grows.
1. Government will publish tender for a contract.
2. Companies will submit their bid.
3. The government officials will start lobbying from these companies to pay money for theirs to be pushed. ..this goes as high as 40 to 100 million naira considering the contracts runs into billions.
4. Those with connection will eventually get the contract and they start.
5. A contract for 3 years will end up staying 6 years or more and these companies keep coming to government for claims which is usually in dollars not naira.
6. Contracts are inflated so much that only 40% of total sum is the actual cost for the job.

These civil servants become Lords and Kings that seat on files and government documents.

The worst part is that these companies end up not delivering on time, they inflate the prices and costs which nobody from government checks or verifies. ....after all they have collected their share.
These managers and CEO feed large from the government, they mingle with these government officials that keep crying our power supply is terrible. ..these men dictates who gets promoted, who gets appointed and who runs for a political post.

Nigeria is doomed....yes take it from me.
The corruption we are overlooking is the biggest threat that is killing Nigeria. ..
When it comes to sharing our commonwealth there is no ethnicity, no tribe or religion,these men come together and work as a team.

We can never get our power sector right until we are transparent from top to bottom....lest I forget, several uncompleted projects have been commissioned and those completed can not function to full capacity.

Good morning. Unfortunately in the evening of this administration, it continues.
Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by DaudaAbu(m): 9:05am On May 24, 2018
precious1967:
from the report published where was it mentioned that Obasanjo awarded one of the contracts to himself? Idleness is worrying this present government. Abacha d most saint in the country, brainless statement.
i

As the head of gov't then he is responsible for what was given oit for what contract and wether such contracts are executed or not just as Pmb is being blamed for the insecurity in the country. His name might not appear in any of the contracts but He is being blamed becos he awarded those contracts. And knowing nigeria, such contracts have been abandoned probably for ever

1 Like

Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by thunderbabs: 9:06am On May 24, 2018
Buhari to daura na sure bet.

He cannor come and b distracting us with Obasanjo and power. In 1999,Nigeria had only 1000MW of electicity, today it is over 7000MW, where did that come from? All the IPplants built to be gas powered all over Nigeria, shey dey fall frm heaven ni, abi na Jonathan put dem dere? Abegi

There is no contract that wont ve some corruption in it but that Obasanjo no do anything, i wont take that.

3 Likes

Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by thunderbabs: 9:07am On May 24, 2018
Buhari wey don borrow over 11trillion naira in hz 3yrs, where is dt money? Or how has it touched the lives of d masses? Na complaints everywhere in d country, companies laying off workers, hunger etc

Buhari to daura jare
Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:09am On May 24, 2018
PassingShot:
[s][/s]

It's better to be quiet and be thought a fool than to open mouth and remove every doubt.

We are talking about colossal waste of more than $13bn that could have changed our life for better, you are talking of the paper reporting the issue.

OBJ has never denied it for a day that he wasted the money and the opportunity. This monumental loss has been in the public domain for years. The NASS at some point investigated it but because our NASS is ever useless, nothing came out of it.

What waste?

If you see substation sites where equipment are piled without installation because subsequent governments will not appropriate funds for the project completion, you will weep.

I have worked on power projects for the past 14 years. A lot of equipment were manufactured and shipped only to spend years at port and multi millions expended to settle demurrage charges.

Guy, I am angry about these idiots playing politics with our lives, but it's not your fault that you don't know what's going on, so I will neither blame you nor vent my anger by insulting you.

I have tried to leave the power sector but my experience makes the companies keep coming after me, but, seriously, I'm tired of the rot. You will see a HUGE substation 90% completed yet closed down for 3 years because there is no appropriation while all installations will be in the rain and overgrown by weeds...... I have pictures of virtually finished substations sitting there because the transmission lines to feed them are not complete.......

Please let me not talk again.

I hope people will be enlightened a bit by reading this post....... Bubu should not talk about what he doesn't know.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by jrusky(m): 9:10am On May 24, 2018
PassingShot:
[s][/s]

You are the one who simply don't know what you are doing or saying. Go back and read the whole lot again and again and stop being naive. And for you saying our lives would have change pls you and who?

Let Buhari show us what he has done so far this 16 billion was in question when our national grid rise to 7000 megawatts but past administration did not die and start blame game rather they focus on improving our electricity but your foolish president came Every time is to blame this or that for his failure. I swear Buhari must return to daura wallahi.

Apc go and work, deliver your mandate or go to hell. 16 bloom was in question yet gej admin. rise our electricity grid to 7000 but today it's below 4000 or 5000 or there about. Pls go and sit somewhere pls. When obj endorsed your boss all of you were dancing skelewu then but simply he rejected your silly boss now 16 billion cane up. Pls apc should go to hell.

1 Like

Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by weyreypey: 9:10am On May 24, 2018
Factfinder1:
See as them dey call billions like say na water
Most of my exes are very good friends till date. Go and mend your relationships with people
Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by weyreypey: 9:12am On May 24, 2018
Giovanni2332:
You see why we are getting it wrong ,tribalism and ethnicity is 100 percent on this platform. Pls youths let's use our sense not all these ibo, yoruba and hausa stuff.let's build this nation .let all this stop pls is annoying seeing it here .

No not until we have pulled down this country.
Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by chinedu234(m): 9:14am On May 24, 2018
PassingShot:
[s][/s]

Did you actually read the article? How does $3.8b amount to $13b?

1 Like

Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by VisioDirect: 9:18am On May 24, 2018
This government is just useless, rather than investigating the companies that got the contracts on service delivery in line with the terms of the contract, they are busy making political statement.

Buhari is completely useless.
Re: Who Got What In $16b Obasanjo Power Deals Revealed by Kingkevin: 9:19am On May 24, 2018
You are closed to the truth.
coolscott:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stop Herdsmen Attack On Yoruba - OPC Tells Buhari / Lekki Shootings: LASG Rejects Foi Request For CCTV Footage / #bringbackourgirls Members In Tears During Meeting With Buhari (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.