Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

When Does It Becomes An Obligation That Lagos Shop Owners Should Have A Toilet? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / When Does It Becomes An Obligation That Lagos Shop Owners Should Have A Toilet? (303 Views)

Order Cheap Clothes and Fashion Gears Direct from Lagos. Shop and get delivery / #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses / When Does It Becomes An Obligation That Lagos Shop Owners Should Have A Toilet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Does It Becomes An Obligation That Lagos Shop Owners Should Have A Toilet? by Lufthansa: 9:23am On May 24, 2018
Wonders shall not cease to end as this was the case yesterday. Somewhere in Abaranje, precisely in Okerube, a suburb of Lagos in Ikotun area of the state. Some said sanitary inspectors called "wole-wole" besieged a set of shops and request to see their toilet. It should however be noted that the house which hosts the shops as its toilet. Besides, whoever among the shop runners that so wishes to access convenience makes use of the said toilet of their host compound.

More so, some of these shops owners have their homes close by and so do not use the convenience of their host as they rather rush home when nature calls for such.

I was however astonished by the acts of some criminal elements from the Ikotun/igando LCDA. The team was led by an igbo woman whom after being shown the convenience used by some of these shops insisted the convenience was small when it was even explained to her that some shop owners go to their respective homes when the call of nature beckons. Yet, she never found any of the shops culpable in the act environmental sanitation for they all have their vicinities in good condition.

In a bid to make them part with some amount of money as that was the team's purpose of visitation she told the igbo man who conducted them (the team) around on behalf of others that they will have to path with 15K. He however, engaged in an argument with them for they spoke their dialect all through their conversation. He however haggle with them on the charges after an initial altercation. In the end they concluded on N7500. He paid them the amount and they left.

He however have to share that amount among shop owners and the amount breaks down to N750 per shop. I am seriously angry about the extortion as I was not around when it all happened. I however await their (the team) next coming as they will have to show me where in the Lagos constitution, it is enshrined that every shop owner must possess its individual toilet.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Entrepreneurs, Others To Enjoy 24-hour Power Supply – Ambode / Service Your AC As Low As 2k / Money For Nigerian Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.