Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,009 members, 7,863,664 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:49 PM

Lady Studying In UK Shares Exam Question About Nigerian Fraud - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lady Studying In UK Shares Exam Question About Nigerian Fraud (289 Views)

Nigerian Fraud Suspect Extradited To U.S. Over Alleged $148,000 Scam / Mike Pompeo Issues Statement About Nigerian Fraudsters / APC UK Shares Video Of 13 Nigerian Foreign Students Busted In Online Dating Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lady Studying In UK Shares Exam Question About Nigerian Fraud by EmagNig(m): 1:13pm On May 24, 2018
A Nigerian lady identified as Fola Ogunsemo who is schooling in Manchester, United Kingdom has taken to her Instagram page to reveal her shock in seeing the negative effects of internet fraud perpetrated by Nigerians.

She posted screenshots of her examination question paper in which one of the questions was centred around internet fraud, popularly known as yahoo in Nigeria.

In the question, the advanced fee fraud was cited and students were asked to give the alternative name for it, which Nigerian fraud happened to be one of the options to choose from.

She wrote;

“This is my exam paper for a module named “Law in a business context” with the red circle which I did today 23rd of May. Stepping out of the exam hall my friends were like “Fola how did you feel about question 22” and for the first time in my life, I felt ashamed of being a Nigerian.

I believe fraud is being committed everywhere but for it to be recognised and used as an exam question in UK, then it is VERY BAD for Nigeria. My lecture slide showed a typical example of a “yahoo boy’s” storyline in the green circle, I went further to search for “Advence-fee scam” with the belief that it was exaggerated in my lecture slide and I found the information in the blue circle.

I am short of words at the moment realising the fact that there’s been so much issues lately about “yahoo boys” on social media, this is not a good reputation for Nigerians at all……. This matter tire me ooo my people.”

https://lailasnews.com/lady-studying-in-uk-shares-exam-question-about-nigerian-fraud/

lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

New Abia State Senetor / Nscdc Arrests Fake Officers Over Cable Theft!!! / Female Civil Servant Jailed For Duping Deaf And Dumb Man Of N1 Million Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.