Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Why Are Nigerians Not Buying Electric Cars ? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Are Nigerians Not Buying Electric Cars ? (17462 Views)

Why Nigerians Are Buying Electric Car Despite Epileptic Power Supply. / List Of Countries Who Are Switching From Fossil Fuel Cars To Electric Cars / These High End luxury Electric Cars Are Coming To Compete With Tesla (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Buying Electric Cars ? by akinmax: 2:21pm On May 25, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Mumu question.
Nigerians haven't seen electricity to charge their phones and powerbanks,

It's now to charge car.

There's no sense in it.
Why buy a car to show say you pass your neighbor when you'd have to rely on "I-pass-my-neighbor" generator to use it?

Your mumu is also included, in a smart society , You dont need National grid to supply electricity to charge electric cars .You can use generator, Solar power farm etc .Your electric car can supply your entire home electric power too....like your normal home inverter
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Buying Electric Cars ? by KateFowler7: 7:07pm On May 27, 2018
I think that it's not reasonable to buy electric cars in Africa. They have really cheap fuel, so it's easy to import a good car from the USA or Canada for example. I was importing cars from the USA with https://clearitusa.com/ and it's really good service if you are looking for a good car.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Buying Electric Cars ? by Originalsly: 11:21pm On May 27, 2018
Wow!....is it that sooo many people commenting didn't read the write up?...or is it they did read and are commenting to confirm the ignorant reasons OP mentioned?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Epic And Hilarious Car DIY Fails (photos) / Free VIN Check / Tesla's New Station,The World's Largest Can SuperCharge 50 Cars At The Same Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.