Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) (29899 Views)

NERC Ask Consumers To Seek For Compensation From DisCos For Poor Service / Ortom: I Have Document, Fulani Want To Takeover Nigeria / CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by engrjacuzzi: 5:13pm On May 24, 2018
Nigerian Leaders only work few weeks to Election.
Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by SpecialAdviser(m): 5:15pm On May 24, 2018
opeolu202:
Getting serious, erection dey com

I tell you. These days its always supervision, approval and the rest.

If Nigerians get sense, the best is to vote them out. Next time they will learn how to start things on time and not for political gains.

Reminds me of GEJ decreasing fuel price when election was around the corner.

Ourmumudondo abeg

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:16pm On May 24, 2018
nabegibeg:

I spoke with a PHCN official he said that local manufacturers of meters dont meet international standards how true is that

I've never heard that before o!

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by obo389(m): 5:16pm On May 24, 2018
I hope the meters will be manufactured in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by obo389(m): 5:17pm On May 24, 2018
I hope the meters will be manufactured in Nigeria because na job opportunities sure pass for the general populace

3 Likes

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by wura2020: 5:18pm On May 24, 2018
Jeezuzpick:
See madness!

I was expecting to see MOJEC on that list.

In case you don't know, MOJEC is an indigenous Company already manufacturing meters right here in Nigeria.

What a pity!

Do you know if Mojec applied for a slot. Mojec supplied my meter in Ogbomoso.

4 Likes

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:24pm On May 24, 2018
wura2020:

How will they be in business if they're not authorised by Govt?

Well, maybe they already have the licence.

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by SalamRushdie: 5:25pm On May 24, 2018
People are just applauding this criminal initiative to extort Nigerians once more without asking questions

Who is going to bear the cost of the metres ?

Who owns the metre at the end of the day ?

How long are these companies going to keep metering people?

3 Likes

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by HomeOfMe(f): 5:29pm On May 24, 2018
ijustdey:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/fg-approves-22-firms-to-takeover-meter-distribution-from-discos-252143.html

While they're literaryly begging people in some parts of Nigeria with pre-paid metres,but making it difficult for lagosians;this is apartheid-not fair at all. These are basic necessities,our right to have and nobody should be hailed for it.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by Zane2point4(m): 5:29pm On May 24, 2018
wura2020:

pls how did you go about it,?
what are the processes involved.
is it strenuous?

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by nabegibeg: 5:30pm On May 24, 2018
Jeezuzpick:

I've never heard that before o!

I am telling you what he told me after a lengthy discussion on why we should have local manufacturing of meters

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:31pm On May 24, 2018
nabegibeg:

I am telling you what he told me after a lengthy discussion on why we should have local manufacturing of meters

OK o.

MOJEC meters are already being used by some DISCOS sha.

3 Likes

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by tfelicityk(m): 5:32pm On May 24, 2018
Good development if and only if it will work out. However, the installation should be free... This is another means to extort Nigerians again. Except the firms had incentives in place for the installation...
Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:35pm On May 24, 2018
SalamRushdie:
People are just applauding this criminal initiative to extort Nigerians once more without asking questions

Who is going to bear the cost of the metres ?

Who owns the metre at the end of the day ?

How long are these companies going to keep metering people?

I was part of an initiative by a Portuguese Coy called RESUL to supply meters like 5 years ago.

They were ready to supply free and take their money after 90 days.

As I'm speaking to you, I'm not sure what became of it.

Naija tins just get as e be.

5 Likes

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by gurunlocker: 5:38pm On May 24, 2018
I will be very happy if this works out.

If most or all household have prepaid meter installed, they will find a way to improve electricity supply because if there's no electricity, prepaid meter won't read and it's their loss.

6 Likes

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 24, 2018
grin grin grin
ORIENTATION101:
first to comment .

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by nickxtra(m): 5:43pm On May 24, 2018
Jeezuzpick:
See madness!

In case you don't know, MOJEC is an indigenous Company already manufacturing meters right here in Nigeria.

What a pity!
Mojec is already a meter provider/installer, through a subsidiary or partner company. I have friends that work for them.

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by Harwoyeez(m): 5:49pm On May 24, 2018
Jeezuzpick:
See madness!

What a pity!
it was clearly stated distribution and not manufacturing, read slowly next time boss

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by nabegibeg: 5:52pm On May 24, 2018
Jeezuzpick:

OK o.

MOJEC meters are already being used by some DISCOS sha.

so if a local metering company is manufacturing then why is there shortage of meters undecided

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by Clentuzbaba(m): 5:52pm On May 24, 2018
I don't see wat to celebrate in this news
The statement reads "It mandated the DisCos to engage meter asset providers"

So long as discos are d one to engage meter providers, d policy is dead on arrival

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by fyneguy: 5:54pm On May 24, 2018
Jeezuzpick:

I was part of an initiative by a Portuguese Coy called RESUL to supply meters like 5 years ago.

They were ready to supply free and take their money after 90 days.

As I'm speaking to you, I'm not sure what became of it.

Naija tins just get as e be.

Take their money from whom? why should they expect to recoup within 90 days? such a proposal is DOA.

I think shared revenue is the best model. It favours all parties - Suppliers, Consumers and Discos.
Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by bionixs: 5:55pm On May 24, 2018
killuminati:
Buhari should be made Nigeria's President for life..
when he secures the second tenure, your eye go clear
Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:58pm On May 24, 2018
Harwoyeez:
it was clearly stated distribution and not manufacturing, read slowly next time boss

If there is a local manufacturer, why all these foreign companies "distributing" like you say?
Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by princeade86(m): 6:00pm On May 24, 2018
Another thieves don arrive oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by killuminati(m): 6:00pm On May 24, 2018
cool
bionixs:
when he secures the second tenure, your eye go clear
Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:01pm On May 24, 2018
fyneguy:

Take their money from whom? why should they expect to recoup within 90 days? such a proposal is DOA.

I think shared revenue is the best model. It favours all parties - Suppliers, Consumers and Discos.

Why not after 90 days?

Are the meters to be hoarded in warehouses or distributed to people who will pay for them?

The price for one unit then was N15k BTW.
How much are people paying for meters now that they are waiting years without getting them?

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:02pm On May 24, 2018
nabegibeg:

so if a local metering company is manufacturing then why is there shortage of meters undecided

I just wonder o!
Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by Harwoyeez(m): 6:15pm On May 24, 2018
how come u know all the distribution companies are foreign?
Jeezuzpick:

If there is a local manufacturer, why all these foreign companies "distributing" like you say?
Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by 9gerian: 6:21pm On May 24, 2018
May your days be long!

nabegibeg:

Tou will be shocked that the same discos will still be the ones that have the firms sharing the meters

this is nigeria, We are wicked in our approach to issues that benefits the public
Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by NoMoreTrolling: 6:24pm On May 24, 2018
kpaofame:
Nice one if you know what we went through to secure a meter after about #12k monthly bill for low voltage... sad experience

This is a step in the right direction, Very laudable, actions like this is what we expect our government to do, not charade claiming they are performing...

you have very adorable switches, very cute smiley

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by CSTR1003: 6:28pm On May 24, 2018
killuminati:
Buhari should be made Nigeria's President for life..
For giving licence to companies?

What of the guy that did the hard work of unbundling and privatizing the entire sector?

He should have been given 10 life times as President then.

Backward illiterate.

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) by 9gerian: 6:46pm On May 24, 2018
With the expertise that Nigerians have for importing goods (even toothpick if allowed), there can never be shortage of meters. I mean shortage forever?

The real issue is that the Distribution Companies make more money from issuing estimated bills with little to no supply of electricity monthly.

Already metered houses are a burden because they do not make money from them without actually supplying the electricity power. Hence, the need to manufacture every excuse possible under the sun for ensuring that metering hits a rock with every attempt.

The people have been fleeced for years, and the Discos love the free money they armtwist them to pay continually.

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/electricity-rejecting-load-―discos/

The only man that seemed to understand and was able to address the power supply problem effectively was removed by Jonathan for the flimsiest of excuse under the sun. That man is unsung hero, who was thrown under the bus by his C in C, who would have gotten overwhelming support had the minister been left to finish his incredibly good work. That man is Barth Nnaji!!!

I know because I've been following all the developments and gimmick in the sector, and did warn people who didn't appreciate the gang up against the most outstanding minister to head the power sector.

Others, haven't the faintest clue about how deep and man made is Nigeria's electricity power problem.

Research people and understand the conspiracy and evil being visited on a people whose only demand is basic infrastructure, which the political class and their cronies continue to treat as rocket science...

nabegibeg:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: Babachir Says No APC Member Has The Right To Stop Tinubu From Contesting / Anambra Election: INEC Shifts Election In Ihiala LGA To Nov 13 / Resolutions Of Fg/labour Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.