Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,087 members, 7,953,307 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:57 PM

Just Landed In Jand, Needs Headway! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Just Landed In Jand, Needs Headway! (854 Views)

Nigerian Man Dies Aboard Plane That Landed In Houston. / Jand Is For Uk,yankee Is For U.s And Whats For Canada? / Yankee (us), Jand (uk) Or Canada (?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Landed In Jand, Needs Headway! by leadteam: 10:59pm On May 26, 2010
Hi Nairalander,,
I just landed in jand few days ago (as in relocated finally), I need guys that are on ground in London (especially those who are fully settled down) to show me the way.
I am a professional IT person.
All constructive suggestions on how to settle down (accomodation, jobs, mortgage etc)are welcome.

If you need to send me private mail that you don't really want it to show on this board, you can mail me on lead.team@ymail.com

thanks
Re: Just Landed In Jand, Needs Headway! by funkybaby(f): 11:19pm On May 26, 2010
leadteam:

Hi Nairalander,,
I just landed in jand few days ago (as in relocated finally), I need guys that are on ground in London (especially those who are fully settled down) to show me the way.
I am a professional IT person.
All constructive suggestions on how to settle down (accomodation, jobs, mortgage etc)are welcome.

If you need to send me private mail that you don't really want it to show on this board, you can mail me on lead.team@ymail.com

thanks

O ma kabo !

If you came here with legit papers, that allows you to work, good for you. If not, it will be wise for you to return to naija before your visa expires.

Besides, it is after 'relocating finally', you are asking people to 'show you the way'  undecided

Anyways, what professional IT cert have you got to start with?
Re: Just Landed In Jand, Needs Headway! by leadteam: 11:24pm On May 26, 2010
paper is legit.
finally! means ready to give it what it takes
IT: ITIL, MCSE, Prince2 (exam to be taken in 2 weeks)
Re: Just Landed In Jand, Needs Headway! by funkybaby(f): 11:30pm On May 26, 2010
leadteam:

paper is legit.
finally! means ready to give it what it takes

good for you

leadteam:

IT: ITIL, MCSE, Prince2 (exam to be taken in 2 weeks)

not trying to be rude. but are these the only IT certificates you've got in a competitive England's IT market

when awon boys have oracle this, oracle that, cisco this, cisco that, ati bebe lo
you need to upgrade seriously !
Re: Just Landed In Jand, Needs Headway! by leadteam: 12:04am On May 27, 2010
Is the certification what matters here in uk or what one knows?
way forward pls!
Re: Just Landed In Jand, Needs Headway! by funkybaby(f): 12:15am On May 27, 2010
leadteam:

Is the certification what matters here in uk or what one knows?
way forward pls!

Lol.

Mister Oga, who told you certification does not matter. Na there make you siddon.

People pay top dollar to earn these certifications and you are saying it does not matter.
Wo, UK aint Naija oh.

So you want to compare the skills of someone that has MSCE (not even MCPE) with someone that is an Oracle DBA or a software engineer?

Anyways, good luck and i hope you are 'shown the way' soon.
Re: Just Landed In Jand, Needs Headway! by Bossman(m): 3:23pm On May 27, 2010
You already have some certifications that may get you in the door, however I am sure you are aware that you will need to update your skills to compete. You may need to get into a company at a low level, then just start to work your way as you brush up on your skills. Even if neccesary, take a menial job, but make sure you are working towards getting that professional job. You certainly do not want to end up doing those menial jobs like a lot of folks end up doing here in the US and I am sure the UK.

Hope you came with some money. Get an apartment in an OK area, establish credit as time goes on, then you can start to look for a house. It will not be easy. Just attack it one at a time.

Good luck!

(1) (Reply)

Against Arik Air And The Humiliation Of Mr Inyang / Us Visa For Conference / Any Nigerian In Brooklyn, New York?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.