Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Jerusalem And Evident-truths - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jerusalem And Evident-truths (244 Views)

Envy is Evident of Sexual Deviance / NASA Accidentally Captures The Celestial City Of Jerusalem And Hide The Images. / Why History Says Jerusalem Belongs To The Jews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jerusalem And Evident-truths by richmekus: 6:52pm On May 24, 2018
It would seem the Creator of the universe purposefully presented humanity with a paradoxically configured planet to perpetually engage it in mental exercises.

For example, the most priceless things on earth are at once the most affordable(?) Water, sand, and air, to mention few that readily come to mind.

We could come up a long list of these, but there is one that rarely comes to mind: truth. The truth in every situation is so cheap that it is often rejected as too simplistic, or nonsensical.

But God reminds us in more ways than one that His ways are converse to our own. If humanity took the universal maxim that God’s ways are easy, and see worldly issues with the eyes of an innocent child, as the Creator admonishes, I should like to submit that the world would be a far peaceful and blissful place, approximating Heavenly paradise.

My in-depth study of both history and religion confirms to me that the seeming paradox alluded to in the opening sentence is another measure of God’s all-sufficiency.

But the “intelligent creature” – man, would rather see the world from another prism, the complex binoculars.

He does this primarily to clothe his permutations and achievements with the dignity of genius. And so even though it is obvious to him that his relatively minuscule brain and “discoveries” are God’s creation and revelations respectively, man still foolishly seldom gives God the only thing He asks of us; glorify Him by simply acknowledging His creative genius.

In His characteristically simply ways, God said He created man for His glory; this for me is the most invaluable revelation of God to man. It is, therefore, a big irony that man, a primary vector of glory, should spend all his days seeking self-glory.

First evident-truth: man for the most part works at cross-purposes with his Creator. Little wonder his existence is full of torments.

I should like to further submit that the only antidote to these torments is to be found in self-evident truths.

Continue Reading...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Keep Moving Forward / The Futility Of Religious Practices In Securing Salvation / Six Days Fasting After Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.