Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,045 members, 7,849,220 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:29 PM

Senate Compensate Emordi With N45 Million - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Compensate Emordi With N45 Million (534 Views)

Tompolo Sues FG Over N45.9bn Fraud Charges / N45.9bn Fraud: EFCC To Try Tompolo Separately / EFCC To Arrest Priests Over Atuche’s N45 Million Tithe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Senate Compensate Emordi With N45 Million by evil666(m): 11:56pm On May 26, 2010
Senator Alphonsus Igbeke, representing Anambra North Senatorial District had subtly indicted the Senate leadership for conniving to pay Mrs Joy Emordi the sum of N45 million being second quarterly allowance that would have been due to him.

Igbeke who was sworn in on Tuesday to replace Emordi after a protracted court battle served the Senate leadership in March 2010 orders from the Appeal Court, Enugu that he be sworn in, but the Senate leadership snobbed the court orders till Mr. Bello Adoke, the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, adviced the Senate that unless there was a court injunction restraining the Senate from admitting Igbeke, there was no legal grounds to refuse him the oath of office.

It was gathered that the Senate leadership while admitting the advice and obeying it, however decided to pay the second quarter allowance of about N45 million to Mrs Emordi instead of Igbeke.

In his reaction to the development, Igbeke told journalists that “I’m putting everything behind me. I’m not bothered about whatever money may have been collected, but I do know that the Senate is a law making body that believes in law and I know that they will be honourable enough to give me my supposed entitlement when I ask for it.”

Igbeke, a businessman who is faced with the option of whether to get judicial interpretation on his tenure during a reception he organized for his followers hinted that the Senate leadership erred by handing over the second quarterly allowance to Mrs Emordi, arguing the money would been kept in an escrow account until the matter was resolved

http://www.thetimesofnigeria.com/Article.aspx?id=2646

(1) (Reply)

If Your Vote Count / Nigeria, France Want Africa On Un Security Council Seat / Ibb Urges Govt To Immortalise Abiola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.