Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Who Do I Take Along{lawyer, Police Etc} To Acquire A Farmland In A Couple Of Day - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Who Do I Take Along{lawyer, Police Etc} To Acquire A Farmland In A Couple Of Day (415 Views)

A Farmland with structures on a plot For Sale At Okugbolu Town,ifo,ogun State. / MICL FARMS: Hectares Of Farmland In Alabata Abeokuta Ogun State / Own A Farmland With N50,000 Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Do I Take Along{lawyer, Police Etc} To Acquire A Farmland In A Couple Of Day by omonla10(m): 11:48pm On May 24, 2018
I want to acquire a farmland tomorrow or Monday.. Who do I take along to ensure safety of my money and avoid being duped.. Lawyer or police.. Cos the land is being sold by the community
Re: Who Do I Take Along{lawyer, Police Etc} To Acquire A Farmland In A Couple Of Day by omonla10(m): 12:00am On May 25, 2018
ourkobo:
Native Doctor?? cool cool cool
try harder.. It's not funny
Re: Who Do I Take Along{lawyer, Police Etc} To Acquire A Farmland In A Couple Of Day by MrMcJay(m): 2:26am On May 25, 2018
omonla10:
I want to acquire a farmland tomorrow or Monday.. Who do I take along to ensure safety of my money and avoid being duped.. Lawyer or police.. Cos the land is being sold by the community

You're putting the cart before the horse. You don't need to take a policeman to a land transaction.

If you are buying a problematic land or you're about to be scammed, it should not be at the point of payment that you would discover it. You should get a land professional to undertake due-diligence on the land before you buy it particularly a lawyer and surveyor.

From my legal experience, community land transactions usually have problems and unresolved issues. I advise that you remain careful and not do anything in a hurry.

First things first, put off that transaction till Monday or later next week. Use this weekend to conduct proper verification and tell the sellers you won't pay until they fully cooperate and your lawyer is satisfied, documents drawn and proper parties present.

You can reach me via Watsapp on O8O6379O773 to discuss this further.
Re: Who Do I Take Along{lawyer, Police Etc} To Acquire A Farmland In A Couple Of Day by ipeg34yahooco: 2:42pm On May 30, 2018
omonla10:

Hello,

Pls follow the under listed steps to ensure you acquire a property without future legal problems and to avoid being scammed:

1. Conduct a social search or land registry search on the land, depending on the type of document available on the land

2. If it is a land with no document or just survey plan,have a surveyor from Surveyor General's Office pick the coordinates on the land to find out if it is free from government acquisition or not and if it for mapped out for farming or not.

3. If it is a land with a registered title,then a search at land registry with a copy of the document should give a report on the status of the land.

4.The result of the search should be the determining factor on whether to acquire the land or not.Remember, the rule of "caveat emptor - buyer beware" is paramount in land transactions and should be ingrained on your mind to avoid being scammed .

Pls ensure you consult a competent property lawyer to guide you through the entire process,if you do not want to be scammed.

You can also reach us for more professional guidance via our contact info in www.summitsolicitors.com.

Cheers

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Contact Me For Interiors For Kitchen , Lounge, Offices, Classroom Etc / Land For Sale In Bwari Abuja / For Sale: Duplex, Bungalow And Block Of Flats. [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.