Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,684 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global (14631 Views)

Ibeto Group, Chinese Coy To Establish 2 Cement Plants In Ebonyi / Ibeto Cement Firm Set For Listing In US Stock Market / Century Petroleum Announces The Proposed Reverse Merger With A Ibeto Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:03am On May 25, 2018
winterfell007:

Before you call this half-truth, go and read about the BIP for the Cement industry introduced sometime BTW 2003 and 2004. Use the services of Google. I'm igbo too before u tag me an 'Afonja' but when I see d truth I say it. It might true Ibeto was really mistreated by OBJ but his mistreatment was certainly not that he was 'igbo' it was a flagrant disregard of the policy he (Ibeto) aswell as other players appended their signature to.
Dangote, being a capitalist just took advantage of his competitor's travail to build a Cement empire. Had it been Ibeto showed some form of commitment to BIP, OBJ would not have come down heavily on him. I'm sure he'd have given Dangote a run for his money.

So you know more than the court and the National Assembly that all stood with Ibeto in theory records.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by Xander85: 10:09am On May 25, 2018
horsepower101:

After all the cheating and injustice, today peace airline is expanding massively and is about to make Enugu airport its hub.

Even an imo state man ( I forgot his name)owns a major airline in Swaziland.

Igbo progress can never be stopped. We are not regular Africans that you beat down and they remain in the ground forever.

That's Aghalieaku Airline

1 Like

Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by Richiez(m): 10:16am On May 25, 2018
Congrats Chief Ibeto

2 Likes

Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by Ugosample(m): 10:22am On May 25, 2018
post=67855810:
Fact is enemies can't cage Igbos, the world is vast, the market is huge, Umu Igbo will keep progressing.

What kind of talk is this one bikonu?

1 Like

Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:32am On May 25, 2018
winterfell007:

Before you call this half-truth, go and read about the BIP for the Cement industry introduced sometime BTW 2003 and 2004. Use the services of Google. I'm igbo too before u tag me an 'Afonja' but when I see d truth I say it. It might true Ibeto was really mistreated by OBJ but his mistreatment was certainly not that he was 'igbo' it was a flagrant disregard of the policy he (Ibeto) aswell as other players appended their signature to.
Dangote, being a capitalist just took advantage of his competitor's travail to build a Cement empire. Had it been Ibeto showed some form of commitment to BIP, OBJ would not have come down heavily on him. I'm sure he'd have given Dangote a run for his money.

So you know better than the courts of the land the the entire national assembly that investigated the issue and gave judgement.

For your information, Ibeto just bought an American citizenship for his company with this deal... Remember what it means to be an American.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by einsteine(m): 10:46am On May 25, 2018
Milost Global again. Are these not the folks involved in market manipulation in Japaul shares?
Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by einsteine(m): 10:48am On May 25, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

Is it due diligence of Milost or the Nigerian companies?

One great secret from your post is that Milost have been trying to gain a foothold here in Nigeria and Ibeto seems like a game already from the story

Milost Global is a shady, scammy private equity entity. There is little transparency in the kinds of deals they have been cutting in Nigeria. In fact, they have been implicated in market manipulation, most notably, in the case of Japaul.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by Nobody: 10:57am On May 25, 2018
deenee:

As usual you have used alot of big grammar with plenty financial terms that are incoherent and mean nothing but will of course brain wash a lay man.

Tell me how covertible bonds, long term capacity building and profiteering(which has a negative conotation)all fit into one sentence.

Back to the matter, for those who follow news well, Milost has been in the new recently for all shades of bad!

They tried to invest in japaul oil, unity bank and even resort savings but the transactions didn't scale through as there were issues around due diligence bordering on the investor. Some even say that Milost is a conduit pipe for money laundering just as they have said same for the online trading platforms like jumia and konga

I don't have much details about the deal yet but let watch and see as events unfold

Your level of understanding is limited on this issue. And again, it is not everyone you should quote and respond to, even as you have zero idea of the subject in quote.

Know your turf and dance there only! It is not my fault that you are a lay-man, so do not expect me to come down to your level. We were trained in different schools. I really have doubts about your knowledge of wall street.

Steer clear of my opinions and stop disgracing yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by ifechez: 10:57am On May 25, 2018
GreatDealsNig:
Healthy competition is best for consumers, they will get the best quality at the best prices.

New(sealed) Xiaomi note 4 for sale
WhatsApp contact on signature

Is it global version?
What are the specs?
Is it snapdragon processor?
What is the price?
Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by Cooly100: 10:58am On May 25, 2018
sarrki:

Shut up

Who is caging who

Igbos are the problem

Stop all this your no make sense post

Did IPOB tell you to be lying about the 2nd Niger bri?ge.

Aboki, name any project in Nigeria that has more controversy like the bridge?

Why would you blame IPOB for fighting against the clear marginalization of its people?

3 Likes

Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by winterfell007(m): 11:01am On May 25, 2018
[b][/b]
einsteine:

Milost Global is a shady, scammy private equity entity. There is little transparency in the kinds of deals they have been cutting in Nigeria. In fact, they have been implicated in market manipulation, most notably, in the case of Japaul.

When you reveal the truth to my igbo brethens, they don't like to listen. They are always driven by sentiments and this 'persecution complex' it makes me sick.
First of all, I read about the phony deal, Milost Global had with Japaul Maritime Services and how they intended to acquire Unity Bank. Such a company who's full of opaque. How could Ibeto be dealing with such a company commiting broad-day light fraud
Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by UncleJudax(m): 11:11am On May 25, 2018
Komu1048:
What is my business when his market is east n few s/s.
Imagine if innoson is situated in Lagos...
Most Nigerian will be driving n talking about it.
But they are just there to represent nothing than symbol
Make you build your own assembly plant for Lagos na...

Na una go still de tell igbos to develop their place and not claim to be developing Lagos...

Now you wish Innosson is sited in Lagos?

shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by Chukazu: 11:28am On May 25, 2018
If Dangote alignment force with Nigerian politicians could not kill Ibeto... Nothing else can kill it

1 Like

Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by BiafraIShere(m): 11:33am On May 25, 2018
I just love this news! Maybe the jinx the shylock Dangote is using to hold Nigerians to ransom while aspiring to become the richest man in the world is about to be broken. Dangote has perenialy used the government to muscle out competitors while still refusing to bring down the price of cement in this monopolized sector. I also like the fact that Ibeto is taken the competition with Dangote beyond the shores of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by Chukazu: 11:40am On May 25, 2018
Komu1048:

Stop this myopic reasoning.

Why must everything be in Lagos?

That is the very cause of Nigeria's lopsided development. If you don't spread development across the federation you end up having poverty and terrorism as we see with Boko Haram.

Infact I don't see reason why companies like Nestle, Promasidor , Unilever ,UAC should not have production factories both in the North and Eastern part of the country instead just ordinary depots.

We have Unilever in Ghana and South east is bigger than Ghana by Population and economy so what are we talking about?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by melodyogonna(m): 11:52am On May 25, 2018
sarrki:

Shut up
Who is caging who
Igbos are the problem
cee c forehead kill you there!! Buhari supporters are hopelessly hopeless

1 Like

Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by BiafraIShere(m): 12:05pm On May 25, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

Ibeto will hold down the south east and make inroads into the south south . No doubt . Dan keeps the rest of the country in rancorous partnership with others like the BUA group

At the end everybody will be happy if greed is curtailed amongst them.

Ibeto made a very deft move with this one .... certainly from experience of what he suffered in the hands of OBJ ..... now he has the American heavily invested in his empire... shut it down without good reason and have yourself a tea party with American investors and lobbyist in the White House
True, however, on your first paragraph, it doesn't really work that way. Ibeto will hold down the SE & SS with ease but he will still capture a sizeable chunk of Lagos & Abuja markets, and indeed elsewhere across Nigeria if he brings down price while maintaining high quality. Given his Igbo business sense, he will limit his profit in order to capture the market.

1 Like

Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by Ugosample(m): 12:19pm On May 25, 2018
winterfell007:
My igbo brothers can brag for Africa!! First of all, Ibeto caused his own downfall. Had it been he keyed into OBJ's backward integration policy for the Cement industry, his story would have been a lot different.
I could remember when OBJ called all stakeholder in the Cement business including the likes of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge and Ibeto to announce the new the policy direction, Ibeto felt it's just another Govt. Hogwash.

While Dangote and others began acquiring defunct Cement plants like the one in Gboko to revamp it and mine the limestones locally, Ibeto felt it was a whole lot easier for him to import the 'clinkers' and simply process it in his factory at Portharcourt. Dangote and BUA followed Govt new policy and began investing in backward integration. I could remember when OBJ gave all of the players a timeline to execute this policy. Dangote felt he could not be investing so much in BIP while his competitors will simply flout the policy to continue to import the clinker, process it and they'll all sell to the same market. OBJ assured Dangote that his investment in BIP would not be in vain because he was helping the govt in conserving forex.
Obj reminded Ibeto of the policy they all agreed to in 2003 only for Ibeto to pay lip service promising to look into the policy

It dawned on Ibeto when OBJ decided to take punitive measures against him for flouting the BIP(Backward intervention plan) only for Ibeto to cry 'witch-hunt' that Obj is targeting him because he's igbo.
Anyway to cut the long story short, Dangote took advantage of the punitive measure against his direct rival to build the biggest Cement plant in Africa and that was his story changed for good. Ibeto should thanks his stars that Yaradua had pity on him.

Help me tell them o
Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by 400billionman: 12:30pm On May 25, 2018
winterfell007:
My igbo brothers can brag for Africa!! First of all, Ibeto caused his own downfall. Had it been he keyed into OBJ's backward integration policy for the Cement industry, his story would have been a lot different.
I could remember when OBJ called all stakeholder in the Cement business including the likes of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge and Ibeto to announce the new the policy direction, Ibeto felt it's just another Govt. Hogwash.

While Dangote and others began acquiring defunct Cement plants like the one in Gboko to revamp it and mine the limestones locally, Ibeto felt it was a whole lot easier for him to import the 'clinkers' and simply process it in his factory at Portharcourt. Dangote and BUA followed Govt new policy and began investing in backward integration. I could remember when OBJ gave all of the players a timeline to execute this policy. Dangote felt he could not be investing so much in BIP while his competitors will simply flout the policy to continue to import the clinker, process it and they'll all sell to the same market. OBJ assured Dangote that his investment in BIP would not be in vain because he was helping the govt in conserving forex.
Obj reminded Ibeto of the policy they all agreed to in 2003 only for Ibeto to pay lip service promising to look into the policy

It dawned on Ibeto when OBJ decided to take punitive measures against him for flouting the BIP(Backward intervention plan) only for Ibeto to cry 'witch-hunt' that Obj is targeting him because he's igbo.
Anyway to cut the long story short, Dangote took advantage of the punitive measure against his direct rival to build the biggest Cement plant in Africa and that was his story changed for good. Ibeto should thanks his stars that Yaradua had pity on him.
I commend this write up. Doing the right thing is better than crying foul
Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by Sammyblaq(m): 12:33pm On May 25, 2018
sarrki:

Shut up

Who is caging who

Igbos are the problem

I know you to be a senseless keyboard warrior.

But can't you just see progress and rejoice with it¿

Ibi dakwagi dia Akpa Amu!

1 Like

Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by Nodogragra4me(m): 12:42pm On May 25, 2018
einsteine:

Milost couldn't have been operating from New York as a shady,scammy private entity with 25 billion dollar investment already. There is no APC, PDP in new York to join and take cover.

Check welland you are likely to discover it was the Nigerians who would want to rig the market not the Americans knowing the consequences back home

2 Likes

Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by Nodogragra4me(m): 1:36pm On May 25, 2018
winterfell007:
[b][/b]

When you reveal the truth to my igbo brethens, they don't like to listen. They are always driven by sentiments and this 'persecution complex' it makes me sick.
First of all, I read about the phony deal, Milost Global had with Japaul Maritime Services and how they intended to acquire Unity Bank. Such a company who's full of opaque. How could Ibeto be dealing with such a company commiting broad-day light fraud

A 25 billion dollar company based in New York trying to defraud Japaul. They have their home government to deal with.,., remember Halliburton.

Go and ask Japaul for the truth.... They are Nigerians and can manipulate the press to clean up their mess. Milost is looking for enterprise that will agree to abide by the rules of the game not one that will bring in product and then like that king with a very big depot in Lagos, secretly issue another bank account to customers to make payment thereby abandoning their agreement.

2 Likes

Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by PierreAbutu(m): 1:52pm On May 25, 2018
post=67855768:
NEW YORK, May 24, 2018
Ibeto Cement Company Limited (“Ibeto”), a Nigerian cement company has executed a binding MESA (Milost Equity Subscription Agreement) with Milost Global Inc. for a $850 million financing, of which $500 million is in equity and $350 million debt. The Company has also started the process going public a reverse merger in the United States as efforts to become a publicly traded company. On Friday May, 25 the Nigerian Dollar Billionaire Chief Cletus Ibeto will personally consummate the acquisition of a publicly traded Company the he will used to reverse the assets of his cement business in America, the final acquisition and definitive agreements have already been executed. The transaction was solely advised by Palewater Advisory Group Inc., and the going public transaction will allow Ibeto Cement to raise enough capital in the US public markets outside the Milost financing as well and put the company in the forefront of the cement industry in Africa. Chief Ibeto plans to grow the company beyond west Africa through the acquisition of other profitable cement businesses outside Nigeria within the next 12 months, this will be done at the back for the development of the two new plants.

Dr Cletus M. Ibeto, Chairman of Ibeto Cement Company Limited, stated, “Our key strategic objective in the vast and extensive development of the cement business in Nigeria and the West African sub-region is to make cement affordable to all Nigerians and tiers of government in such a way that they should be able to develop modest homes for themselves and their families inclusive of road infrastructure.
As far as I am concerned and with the knowledge I have and what I know in this business, the cement business is an investors’ haven especially in Nigeria and a much more profitable business than even crude oil where a lot of people think is the best place to invest. This probably explains why the few people in the business have deliberately created very strong barriers to entry into the industry for prospective investors. It is therefore my honest belief that this reverse merger will enable us to accomplish this objective. In the end and, in line with our strategic intent and objective, we are geared to be a world-class cement company in terms of quality, affordability, innovation, service, environment, safety, and corporate governance and also to be a part of building the country’s needed infrastructure all of which certainly guarantees good returns on investment for the stakeholders.”

Solly S. Asibey, Senior Partner & CIO of Milost Global Inc., stated, “International equity, coupled with the diversification of our investment portfolio is key to our strategy for growth in emerging markets. Excellence, innovation, unparalleled strategy, industry knowledge, favourable IRR and strong leadership epitomises the partnership between Milost and Chief Cletus Ibeto. This is a great investment opportunity for Milost, and the financial engineering behind the structuring of the transaction will catapult Ibeto Cement to exceptional heights.”

Kim Freeman, Managing Partner & CEO of Milost Global Inc., also stated, “Ibeto Cement is an important investment for Milost in Nigeria and indeed Africa. We expect this transaction to provide a template for our other investments in Africa which will continue to enhance the value of the companies we invest in as well as value for our investors.”

About Ibeto Cement Company Limited

Ibeto Cement Company Limited, a privately held company incorporated under Nigerian law, is one of the most dominant players in the fast-growing cement industry in Nigeria and, by extension, Africa. To increase its production and packaging capacity, the Ibeto Cement Company Limited is currently developing two cement plants in Nigeria: one in Ebonyi State and one in Cross River State/Abia State. Each plant is a state-of-the-art 6,000 tonne per day plant sitting on abundant deposits of quality limestone at both ends.

Ibeto Cement Company Limited is owned by the industrial Nigerian billionaire - Dr. Cletus Madubugwu Ibeto, CON. Dr Ibeto is a world-class business leader and entrepreneur who has built successful companies/industries in Nigeria and beyond. Through Ibeto Cement Company Limited, Dr Ibeto has seriously impacted the cement market in Nigeria. This transaction will enable Ibeto Cement Company Limited to raise sufficient capital to dominate the industry in Nigeria and the West African sub region as a whole.

About Milost Global Inc.
Milost Global Inc. is an American Private Equity firm that is headquartered in New York City, with more than $25 billion in committed capital.
Milost is at the intersection of creative investing and value creation. Milost is also a provider of alternative capital, mezzanine finance, and alternative lending to a broad range of industries across the globe including Technology, Transport, Cannabis, Education, Distribution, Mining, Oil & Gas, Financial Services, Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals, Real Estate, Alternative Energy and Infrastructure Development. www.milostglobal.com

About Palewater Advisory Group Inc.

Palewater Advisory Group is a multinational corporate and public affairs advisory firm with headquarters in New York. We specialise in cross-border and M&A transactions, financing, public affairs, political campaign capital raising and strategy. Collectively as the team, we have had an excellent track record with more than 1000 references in our line of advisory work. We have a robust and yet solid network of contacts with specific focus on certain core industries, investment and banking communities. Our directors, leaders, professionals, and senior advisors collectively provide access to senior industrial, political, economic, government and financial decision makers throughout the world.
We provide individual and personal advice and react swiftly to our clients’ needs, while always providing direct access to the team, including the partners involved. As a professional services firm, we provide the best possible advice based on confidentiality and total discretion. We are committed to the principles of integrity and client service, and operate free from any conflict of interest.
https://nairametrics.com/ibeto-cement-reportedly-signs-850-million-financing-agreement-with-milost-global/

This is nice

Some cement monopolists from kano state won't like this

2 Likes

Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by einsteine(m): 3:15pm On May 25, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

Milost couldn't have been operating from New York as a shady,scammy private entity with 25 billion dollar investment already. There is no APC, PDP in new York to join and take cover.

Check welland you are likely to discover it was the Nigerians who would want to rig the market not the Americans knowing the consequences back home

Even in America, there has been little to no evidence that the company, Milost actually operates from there. You can research on Milost Global to know better. They are, for lack of a better word, shady. The 25 billion dollar investment is without proof. Calls to their phones go unanswered. The US address on their site is untraceable. Read up more on their issues.
Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by lastdon5: 3:58pm On May 25, 2018
horsepower101:
The world is a 7 billion people market. Ndigbo need to continue moving beyond Nigeria when striking business deals. There are trillions of dollar markets worldwide to tap into and build stronger partnerships.

Leave the Nigerian haters to die of jealousy and sorrow.

Progroms in the north and west Never stopped us.

Civil war with its devastation never stopped us.

Abandoned properties never stopped us.

20 pound policy never stopped us.

Indigenization policy never stopped us.

Obasanjo crony capitalism never stopped us.

And so on.

Buhari is just a child's play when factoring everything we have been through in this contraption.

We shall eventually get to the promised land and nothing can stop it.

nwanna o ga diri gi nma...

it is in our destiny to always succeed..Ibeto,ubah, Innoson, Uduah,etc

Igbo amaka

cool
horsepower101:
The world is a 7 billion people market. Ndigbo need to continue moving beyond Nigeria when striking business deals. There are trillions of dollar markets worldwide to tap into and build stronger partnerships.

Leave the Nigerian haters to die of jealousy and sorrow.

Progroms in the north and west Never stopped us.

Civil war with its devastation never stopped us.

Abandoned properties never stopped us.

20 pound policy never stopped us.

Indigenization policy never stopped us.

Obasanjo crony capitalism never stopped us.

And so on.

Buhari is just a child's play when factoring everything we have been through in this contraption.

We shall eventually get to the promised land and nothing can stop it.

nwanna o ga diri gi nma...

it is in our destiny to always succeed..Ibeto,ubah, Innoson, Uduah,etc

Igbo amaka

2 Likes

Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:09pm On May 25, 2018
einsteine:

Even in America, there has been little to no evidence that the company, Milost actually operates from there. You can research on Milost Global to know better. They are, for lack of a better word, shady. The 25 billion dollar investment is without proof. Calls to their phones go unanswered. The US address on their site is untraceable. Read up more on their issues.

Nodogragra4me:

winterfell007:
[/b]

[b]Take your time and read this

Milost Global Addresses the Business Day Nigeria False Claims and Terminates the Unity Bank Transaction

March 26, 2018 12:10 ET | Source: Milost Global Inc
NEW YORK, March 26, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The following is a statement from Kim Freeman, Managing Partner & CEO at Milost Global Inc.

Milost Global Inc. (“Milost”), a New York-based private equity firm, is pleased to announce the termination of the Unity Bank PLC transaction. On August 7, 2017 Milost Global Inc. received a request for a call with the CEO and CFO of Unity Bank PLC. On the call, Unity Bank expressed its interest in working with Milost Global Inc. as its funding partner for its growth plans in Nigeria. Following the call, a desk top due diligence was conducted by Milost to its satisfaction. On September 4, 2017 a $1 billion financing term sheet was fully executed by both Milost and Unity Bank. The facility, a combo of equity and debt, was provided on the exciting understanding that Unity Bank would delist on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and move its listing to the USA. The signed term sheet was approved by the board of Unity Bank.

On Monday, October 23, 2017 at 11:05 EST, Milost Global Inc. was visited by Mrs. Oluwatomi Somefun, the CEO of Unity Bank PLC, at its New York Offices. The meeting was scheduled for 11:00am EST and it went ahead as planned. The meeting was attended by Milost Global Inc. analysts and the Chairman Mr. Egerton Forster. At the meeting, she explained the need for capital funding at the bank and also their expansion plans. It was then agreed that Milost Global Inc. would start further due diligence on Unity Bank PLC. Further due diligence process started on the same week on the instruction of the Chairman of Milost Global Inc., Egerton Forster. Further due diligence was satisfactory and Milost issued a binding commitment agreement to Unity Bank which was approved by the board of Unity Bank and executed by both parties on November 14, 2017. It is normal practice for all the publicly quoted companies which we fund to notify the market regulator on signature of the commitment letter since it has material effect to the stock; however, Unity Bank did not. Milost assumed that this did not happen because Unity had agreed to move its listing to the USA.

To the surprise of Milost, a story broke on Bloomberg about the transaction and all the contents contained therein were true in their entirety. Bloomberg tried to reach us by email but we didn’t respond as we don’t usually entertain journalists. The Bloomberg article was very factual except for that Milost was to acquire 30% of the bank, whereas in reality Milost was to take a controlling 60% of the bank at closing, in a transaction that would retain the same board members and the same management for continuity of operations.

Soon after the story broke, Milost started receiving threatening emails from a gentleman who says he is politically connected to the powers that could shut Milost out of Nigeria if Milost didn’t terminate the Unity Bank transaction. The said individual was very well informed about our dealings with Unity Bank such that he knew the audit group Milost had hired to carry out the final due diligence. He told Milost to tell the board of Unity Bank that the audit firm had instructed Milost that Unity Bank was a bad investment, [b]failing which he would unleash the media on Milost using among other things accusations that would cause the government to send Milost packing. [/b]These threatening emails were shared with the CEO of Unity Bank and the then CFO Ebenezer Kawole.

Following these emails, negative articles by Business Day Nigeria started appearing accusing Milost of operating a pump and dump operation. At that point Milost realized that the original threats had begun to materialize, because after that first Business Day article on its alleged pump and dump, another email was received confirming that it’s the work of the blackmailer. Last week, Unity Bank issued a false statement which denied signing a binding commitment agreement, disputing a factual and founded Bloomberg article that initially reported on the transaction. Today we wake up to yet another article that claims Milost Global Inc. was involved in a case with Securities and Exchange Commission because of a failed transaction and a filed law suit against Milost Advisors which sold a company to Alex MacGregor. Milost Global Inc. wishes to clarify this due to the repeated unprofessional conduct of Business Day Nigeria and its incompetent journalists who are failing to verify facts and communicate with all sides before print and this has led Milost to take legal action against Business Day Nigeria and their journalists Iheanyi Nwachukwu and Lolade Akinmurele. Milost Global Inc. will be filing a $500 million lawsuit against the three before the end of the week.

For the record, Milost did not violate any of the SEC regulations in the US, instead, Milost was sued by Alex MacGregor as he claimed he had paid, a Milost Global Inc. former sister company, Milost Advisors LLC which was dissolved in 2016. Mr MacGregor filed a claim stating that he paid to acquire a shell company from Milost Advisors LLC but he did not receive the shares. Whereas the truth is that Mr MacGregor did receive the stock certificate and the transaction was filed with the SEC on May 11, 2017 - see the link http://pdf.secdatabase.com/436/0001617819-17-000007.pdf and this proves that Business Day and its journalists are being used by the Unity Bank shareholder that has been threatening to tarnish Milost’s image if the Unity Bank transaction went through. Alex MacGregor filed his lawsuit on September 1, 2017, five months after the stock had been issued to him as the stock was issued to him on May 11, 2017.

Solly Asibey, Senior Partner & CIO of Milost, stated, “We will not be deterred by media attacks that are baseless and unfounded. Our funding objectives for the Nigerian market remains solid and unwavering."

Kim Freeman, Managing Partner & CEO of Milost, stated, “Milost will continue to do business in Nigeria despite any negative publicity and this will ultimately benefit Nigeria and Africa.”

Milost Global Inc. has analysed all its facts on the table and decided to terminate the Unity Bank transaction and the termination letter was sent to the bank this morning. Milost Global Inc., wishes to reaffirm its interest in the Nigerian market and to also state that it will soon be releasing the first and second drawdowns to Japaul Oil & Maritime Services PLC to the total of $21 million in a combo of equity and debt. Another first and second draw down proceeds of $10 will be released to Resort Savings & Loans PLC; the funds will be released to both company within the month of April. Milost Global Inc. also states on the record that it has hired one of Nigeria’s finest law firms to represent it in the lawsuit against Business day and its two journalists. Business Day has failed to report facts and instead focused on fake news. All the articles written by Business Day about Milost Global Inc. have been negative and vindictive which shows that Milost is under attack in Nigeria. Milost wishes to state that it will fight tooth and nail to ensure that this kind of behaviour doesn’t affect other investors that wish to help grow the Nigerian and West African economies at large. This nonsensical behaviour by Business Day, being used by forces that seek to suck the life blood out of progress in Nigeria, ends here. Milost Global Inc will be the last investor to be treated like this in Nigeria.

About Milost Global Inc.

Milost Global Inc. is an American Private Equity firm that is headquartered in New York City, with more than $25 billion in committed capital. Milost is at the intersection of creative investing and value creation. Milost is also a provider of alternative capital, mezzanine finance, and alternative lending to a broad range of industries across the globe including Technology, Transport, Cannabis, Education, Distribution, Mining, Oil & Gas, Financial Services, Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals, Real Estate, Alternative Energy and Infrastructure Development. www.milostglobal.com

1 Like

Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:01pm On May 25, 2018
einsteine:

I want to believe that you have read the PR from Milost posted here by another interested party to your shaddy and scammy declaration. Find it.

So you imagine that a company advised by pale would go into a deal with anon existent or shaddy Milost. Do you know that Ibeto van sue pale and make a killing for dubious advisory service.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by Ejanla07: 11:30pm On May 26, 2018
deenee:

As usual you have used alot of big grammar with plenty financial terms that are incoherent and mean nothing but will of course brain wash a lay man.

Tell me how covertible bonds, long term capacity building and profiteering(which has a negative conotation)all fit into one sentence.

Back to the matter, for those who follow news well, Milost has been in the new recently for all shades of bad!

They tried to invest in japaul oil, unity bank and even resort savings but the transactions didn't scale through as there were issues around due diligence bordering on the investor. Some even say that Milost is a conduit pipe for money laundering just as they have said same for the online trading platforms like jumia and konga

I don't have much details about the deal yet but let watch and see as events unfold

you sound pained. you must be a yoruba muslim.

1 Like

Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by Ejanla07: 11:31pm On May 26, 2018
Komu1048:

e pain dis yorubad Muslim
Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by deenee: 7:52am On May 28, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

A 25 billion dollar company based in New York trying to defraud Japaul. They have their home government to deal with.,., remember Halliburton.

Go and ask Japaul for the truth.... They are Nigerians and can manipulate the press to clean up their mess. Milost is looking for enterprise that will agree to abide by the rules of the game not one that will bring in product and then like that king with a very big depot in Lagos, secretly issue another bank account to customers to make payment thereby abandoning their agreement.

I guess it of you guys don know how private equity works.

Milost has 25billion in committed capital. Pls read up what committed capital is on the Internet.
Re: Cletus Ibeto Signs Financing Agreement With Milost Global by deenee: 10:19am On May 28, 2018
[quote author=Ejanla07 post=67913966]

you sound pained. you must be a yoruba muslim.

[/quote

Sorry to busy your bubble I am as igbo as they come.

Knowledge that is not driven by tribal sentimenta is borderless and unbiased.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Binance to stop Naira Services Amid Crackdown On Crypto Exchanges / How To Make Money Online From Nigeria With Your Phone, Email And Bank Account / How Do I Become A Distributor With MTN, Glo And Zain?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.