Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer (22871 Views)

Drive It Forever And Ever: 10 Cars That Can Last A Lifetime / 10 Cars Security Personnels Won't Stop At Checkpoints (Photos) / 10 Cars That Can Easily Take You Above 320,000 Kilometers - Consumer Reports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer by slawomir: 7:29am On May 25, 2018
ok
Re: 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer by olawamide042(m): 7:29am On May 25, 2018
Damoxy:
11) KEKE MARUWA - Okada
No bro it uses a Toyota Matrix engine because am using one right now..
Re: 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer by Talknochip(m): 7:30am On May 25, 2018
Rover uses one of the Honda's model engine too!
Re: 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer by igahdavid(m): 7:31am On May 25, 2018
Op Abeg, na only Mercedes A class I sabi for that your list oh
Re: 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer by olawamide042(m): 7:32am On May 25, 2018
opera1:
Pontiac Vibe is using Toyota Corolla Engine.
No bro.. Pontiac Vibe uses a Toyota Matrix engine
Re: 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer by Nobody: 7:37am On May 25, 2018
Alex80s:
Innoson - Nissan
Is it a Nissan or a Mitsubishi engine? I heard it's powered by a Mitsubishi engine o! Well let others comment on it.
Re: 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer by val15: 7:54am On May 25, 2018
Chevrolet epica use Daewoo engine
Re: 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer by Nobody: 7:57am On May 25, 2018
Unknown to many. The range rover series uses bmw V8 engines. The only thing they change is the name on the engine

1 Like

Re: 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer by Kobicove(m): 7:58am On May 25, 2018
lonelydora:
I'm surprised on 1, 3, and 7

Same as me
Re: 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer by yeddy99: 8:00am On May 25, 2018
dumo1:

Is it a Nissan or a Mitsubishi engine? I heard it's powered by a Mitsubishi engine o! Well let others comment on it.
You are right.
Innoson uses Mitsubishi engines

1 Like

Re: 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer by bossydrover: 8:14am On May 25, 2018
Alex80s:
Innoson - Nissan

Mitsubishi

1 Like

Re: 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer by Nobody: 8:15am On May 25, 2018
Damoxy:
11) KEKE MARUWA - Okada
Vespa engine
Re: 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer by opera1(m): 8:18am On May 25, 2018
Benz4pimp:
Get your facts right,Pontiac is owned by GM motors and Toyota!!!

Owned by GM and Toyota BUT d Engine in particular is Toyota Corolla Engine bro.

1 Like

Re: 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer by Saintblog(m): 8:23am On May 25, 2018
Can you prove it?
Re: 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer by chisure: 8:51am On May 25, 2018
God i pray you bless me to afford things that will make life easier.
Re: 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer by Nobody: 8:59am On May 25, 2018
opera1:

Owned by GM and Toyota BUT d Engine in particular is Toyota Corolla Engine bro.
since it is co owned,they can actually use any of the engine!!!that is my point...

1 Like

Re: 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer by SpaceAngel: 9:24am On May 25, 2018
snipesdam:
Kia Rio 2017 uses Hyundai 1.4 liter engine.

Kia is a subsidiary of hyundai motor

3 Likes

Re: 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer by mammanbawa: 9:32am On May 25, 2018
Mercedes Benz x class - Nissan navara
Audi R8 v10- lamborghini
Pagani zonda- AMG

1 Like

Re: 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer by uuzba(m): 9:50am On May 25, 2018
snipesdam:
Kia Rio 2017 uses Hyundai 1.4 liter engine.

Made in Mexico better than previous Korean models

Kia and Hyundai have interchangeable engine parts.
Go and check kia engine of any year. They didn't just start anything new in 2017. They have been doing this since.
Re: 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer by uuzba(m): 9:57am On May 25, 2018
chisure:
God i pray you bless me to afford things that will make life easier.

It's a pity that while many Nigerians are crying and praying for their daily bread, selfish and insensitive persons like OP are busy bragging about Paganini and BMW.
They cannot buy these cars for anybody.
They cannot give anybody jobs.
They don't even have a single factory that can produce even the light bulb of an Okada, talkless of a complete car.

Yet they have mouth to write and talk about expensive luxuries to taunt those who cannot afford.

One day, the poor will have nothing else to eat except the rich. They will eat the Rich

1 Like

Re: 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer by GetUmad: 11:02am On May 25, 2018
uuzba:

It's a pity that while many Nigerians are crying and praying for their daily bread, selfish and insensitive persons like OP are busy bragging about Paganini and BMW.
They cannot buy these cars for anybody.
They cannot give anybody jobs.
They don't even have a single factory that can produce even the light bulb of an Okada, talkless of a complete car.

Yet they have mouth to write and talk about expensive luxuries to taunt those who cannot afford.

One day, the poor will have nothing else to eat except the rich. They will eat the Rich
Chai! Why are you taking what's meant to be an informative post so personal like this? Is it that bad?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer by luckyboss(m): 11:03am On May 25, 2018
Mazda tribute -ford maverick
Re: 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:45am On May 25, 2018
Mini Cooper is powered by BMW, Chrysler 300C is powered by Mercedes

1 Like

Re: 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer by snipesdam(m): 3:08pm On May 25, 2018
uuzba:

Go and check kia engine of any year. They didn't just start anything new in 2017. They have been doing this since.

Of course i'm aware of this. Doesn't change the fact that the car is branded KIA and is Powered by a branded Hyundai engine.

Same as Toyota and Lexus.

1 Like

Re: 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer by salford1: 3:35pm On May 25, 2018
uuzba:

Not just engine parts but same engine for same classes of vehicles and year.

Only difference is the body design and kia offers extra luxury than hyundai.
Re: 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer by Kfed4ril(m): 10:42am On May 26, 2018
Alex80s:
Innoson - Nissan

Innoson uses Mitsubishi engine

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019 Ford Edge ST Revealed (photos, Details And Price) / Mercedes Benz C-Class 2001 Vs 2005 Honda Accord / Car Insurance In Nigeria: All You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.