Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? (5768 Views)

Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? / Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan / Listening To Music In Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by Lukgaf(m): 7:49am On May 25, 2018
Praise be to Allaah.

Listening to music is haraam, whether in Ramadaan or at other times, but it is more forbidden in Ramadaan, and is a greater sin, because fasting does not only mean refraining from eating and drinking, rather it means attaining piety or fear of Allaah, and it means that all the physical faculties should refrain from disobeying Allaah.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Observing As-Sawm (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqoon (the pious)”

[al-Baqarah 2:183]

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Fasting does not just mean (abstaining) from eating and drinking, rather fasting means (abstaining) from idle and obscene talk…”

Narrated by al-Haakim who said: This hadeeth is saheeh according to the conditions of Muslim.

See also question no. 37989

The saheeh Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) clearly indicates that listening to musical instruments is haraam.

Al-Bukhaari narrated in a mu’allaq report that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There will be among my ummah people who regard adultery, silk, pork and musical instruments as permissible…” Al-Tabaraani and al-Bayhaqi said that this was a mawsool report.

This hadeeth indicates that musical instruments are haraam in two ways:

1 – The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “[they] will regard… as permissible.” This clearly indicates that the things mentioned are haraam, but those people will regard them as permissible.

2 – Musical instruments are mentioned in conjunction with things that are definitely haraam, namely adultery (zina) and alcohol. If it were not haraam it would not have been mentioned alongside them.

See al-Silsilah al-Saheehah by al-Albaani , hadeeth no. 91.

The believer should make the most of this blessed month and turn to his Lord. He should repent to Allaah and give up haraam things that he was in the habit of doing before Ramadaan, so that Allaah might accept his fast and set his affairs straight.

And Allaah knows best.

https://islamqa.info/en/12647
Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by idrisolaide(m): 9:36am On May 25, 2018
Alhamdulillah
Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by Donbosco46: 9:38am On May 25, 2018
Nothing bad about it

3 Likes

Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by eDeity: 9:38am On May 25, 2018
kiss

14 Likes

Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by ItzBIM(m): 9:39am On May 25, 2018
Anything that doesn’t feel right don’t do it.
Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by Nobody: 9:40am On May 25, 2018
Lukgaf:
Praise be to Allaah.

Listening to music is haraam, whether in Ramadaan or at other times, but it is more forbidden in Ramadaan, and is a greater sin, because fasting does not only mean refraining from eating and drinking, rather it means attaining piety or fear of Allaah, and it means that all the physical faculties should refrain from disobeying Allaah.

“O you who believe! Observing As-Sawm (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqoon (the pious)”

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Fasting does not just mean (abstaining) from eating and drinking, rather fasting means (abstaining) from idle and obscene talk…”

Narrated by al-Haakim who said: This hadeeth is saheeh according to the conditions of Muslim.

The saheeh Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) clearly indicates that listening to musical instruments is haraam.

Al-Bukhaari narrated in a mu’allaq report that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There will be among my ummah people who regard adultery, silk, pork and musical instruments as permissible…” Al-Tabaraani and al-Bayhaqi said that this was a mawsool report.

1 – The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “[they] will regard… as permissible.” This clearly indicates that the things mentioned are haraam, but those people will regard them as permissible.

2 – Musical instruments are mentioned in conjunction with things that are definitely haraam, namely adultery (zina) and alcohol. If it were not haraam it would not have been mentioned alongside them.

The believer should make the most of this blessed month and turn to his Lord. He should repent to Allaah and give up haraam things that he was in the habit of doing before Ramadaan, so that Allaah might accept his fast and set his affairs straight.

And Allaah knows best.

Just tell why?
And what kind of musics
I think it depends on the type of music.
There is even a permissible type of drum (bandiri) so you can't say it's haraam.

Allaah knows best.
Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by omoadeleye(m): 9:42am On May 25, 2018
Uhm

13 Likes

Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by SolutionMee: 9:42am On May 25, 2018
cry

Can we eat on Friday (Jumat)

Happy Ramadan Abdulkareem grin grin grin
Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by BiafraMyAss(m): 9:46am On May 25, 2018
Yes, we can. I will recommend don Moen, Kirk Franklin and Tope Alabi.
Ramadan Kareem my fellow Muslim brothers and sisters

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by sadiktofa(m): 9:48am On May 25, 2018
One should listen to quranic recitation instead. It more relaxing and indeed, rewarding.

Maassalam

2 Likes

Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by agarawu23(m): 9:51am On May 25, 2018
We can't be like the prophets. The "don't do" won't be possible in this our generation.

Allah should just forgive us. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by Quality20(m): 9:51am On May 25, 2018
I hope Muslim ladies are reading this post because a lot of them are so interested in music,musicians and even dancing, even d knowledgeable ones among them - sai ahankali!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by Nobody: 9:54am On May 25, 2018
Quality20:
I hope Muslim ladies are reading this post because a lot of them are so interested in music,musicians and even dancing, even d knowledgeable ones among them - sai ahankali!
guy ,your craze is too big. When will you people realise religion is a personal belief ffs?

4 Likes

Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by DonPikko: 9:58am On May 25, 2018
We can go back to our lustful ways after Ramadan
Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by DonPikko: 10:00am On May 25, 2018
Quality20:
muslim ladies that are stinking hypocrites

3 Likes

Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by Nobody: 10:03am On May 25, 2018
The issue of fasting in Nigeria is a case overturned.

Fasting isn't just the issue of staying away from food, but from things that give you pleasure and sway your heart.
Sex, Playing games, Clubbing, Phone addiction, musics and many more...

God Bless You!!
Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by johnkey: 10:06am On May 25, 2018
my friend smokes 'loud' while fasting, smoke no be food na abi.
Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by Lukgaf(m): 10:07am On May 25, 2018
Furnish us with evidence which says it is not Haram sir?

IgbosAreOsus:

Just tell why?
And what kind of musics
I think it depends on the type of music.
There is even a permissible type of drum (bandiri) so you can't say it's haraam.

Allaah knows best.

1 Like

Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:13am On May 25, 2018
Lukgaf:
Praise be to Allaah.

And Allaah knows best.

It says "musical instruments" not "music"

There are A cappella songs out there.

But in my view as a non-Muslim, I think musical instruments used for the purpose of glorifying Allah should be permissible. Hadiths are not very reliable.

Kyutepanda, I hope you are having a generous Ramadan?
Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by Adigun055(m): 10:23am On May 25, 2018
Sometimes people will just play music and you won't have any choice than to listen to it.
Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by myettiallah: 10:25am On May 25, 2018
Yes,....
Especially Wo by Olamide...and gospel songs
Allahu arkubarrr
Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by kyutepanda(f): 10:29am On May 25, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

But in my view as a non-Muslim, I think musical instruments used for the purpose of glorifying Allah should be permissible. Hadiths are not very reliable.

Ewo! who says hadith are not very reliable lol.......Hadith is the sunnah of the prophet that people observed and passed it unto their descendants so as to kn0w the dos and donts of Islam......
Ofcourse am having a blissful Ramadan thanks for asking and i do hope ya also good?

3 Likes

Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by OhiOfIhima: 10:32am On May 25, 2018
DonPikko:

Oga How?
Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by OhiOfIhima: 10:33am On May 25, 2018
Yes but not worldly music that can divert ur intention negatively.
Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by kyutepanda(f): 10:34am On May 25, 2018
DonPikko:

Excuse you! don't even go there...these are parts of the shits i don't accept
you shouldn't use people around you to judge others....remember personality has nothing to do with religion
some are naturally the fun loving types like me here am a sanguine and we have some crazy shits we do and it has nothing to do with my Belief in God and My Religion

RELIGION different mark
PERSONALTY another total different mark
Have a wonderful day
Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:34am On May 25, 2018
kyutepanda:

Ewo! who says hadith are not very reliable lol.......Hadith is the sunnah of the prophet that people observed and passed it unto their descendants so as to kn0w the dos and donts of Islam......
Ofcourse am having a blissful Ramadan thanks for asking and i do hope ya also good?

True grin, but they are inferior to the Quran. In that way, it is impossible for them to be as reliable.

Good to know you are having a wonderful Ramadan. But don't overstress yourself o.
Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by kyutepanda(f): 10:47am On May 25, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

True grin, but they are inferior to the Quran. In that way, it is impossible for them to be as reliable.

Good to know you are having a wonderful Ramadan. But don't overstress yourself o.

i shouldn't overstress myself in PAN uhm PAN doesn't want to know if ya fasting o
anyways Ya right about the Hadith been inferior to the Glorious Qur'an cos the latter is Words directly from the creator and really authentic, you know humans are forgetful and might be misleading at times but we jez pray God leads us to the right path
Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by Lukgaf(m): 10:49am On May 25, 2018
Stop saying what you have not knowledge of?

BluntTheApostle:

Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by RalphJean: 10:56am On May 25, 2018
No don’t listen to music. It’s Haram.
Don’t browse the Internet, it’s haram.
Don’t visit blogs and forums like Nairaland, it’s haram.
Don’t use your phone, prophet Mohammed (SAW) never used phone.
Don’t enter a car, it uses petrol and petrol has ethane which is same as ethanol and ethanol is alcohol.

Infact. Don’t go out of your room so that you will not see haram.

5 Likes

Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:58am On May 25, 2018
kyutepanda:

i shouldn't overstress myself in PAN uhm PAN doesn't want to know if ya fasting o
anyways Ya right about the Hadith been inferior to the Glorious Qur'an cos the latter is Words directly from the creator and really authentic, you know humans are forgetful and might be misleading at times but we jez pray God leads us to the right path

Tell them not to overstress you or they will have to answer to me.

I agree with you on the highlighted text. Only God can lead us right.
Re: Can We Listen To Music In Ramadan? by vroy(m): 10:58am On May 25, 2018
UNIQUEISRAEL:
The issue of fasting in Nigeria is a case overturned.

Fasting isn't just the issue of staying away from food, but from things that give you pleasure and sway your heart.
Sex, Playing games, Clubbing, Phone addiction, musics and many more...

God Bless You!!
playing games?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shamelessness / Preparing For Ramadaan Part I / Wallahi One Of The Best Place I Have Been To Is Nigeria - Mufti Ismael Musa Menk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.