Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,681 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup - Sports (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup (86827 Views)

Poll: Predict the results of Nigeria's match versus Argentina.

Nigeria wins!: 51% (179 votes)
Draw: 21% (75 votes)
Argentina wins!: 26% (93 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / 2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 / Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sauron1: 11:33pm On Jun 14, 2010
Sagamite:

Amodu brought in Nsofor, Anichebe, Adeleye, Apam, Kaita, Obasi, Ajilore, Olubayo.

So by assumption ALL is pressure from public that brought them? But for Lagerback, by assumption, it was not the pressure from public that made him select Haruna, it is genius? cheesy

Amodu brought in who?
Half of the players you have there were Siasia's discovery and Anichebe starred for Everton.
Na Amodu teach em how to kick football?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 11:34pm On Jun 14, 2010
debosky:

What achievements? Is Lagerbeck being asked to coach Nigerian FA cup or African Champions League?   Those are irrelevant - we are talking World Cup/Internationals here. That is why your comparisons are irrelevant for the most part.

Is it not football? Is Mourinho's achievement irrelevant because it is not WC/Intls?

Was Scolari's achievement at club level in S.Ame irrelevant until he won WC?

debosky:

Lagerbeck has qualified teams for the second round of the world cup, against some of the best opposition available - that is what we require at this stage. Amodu has not done that, and seems to lack an ability to go beyond where he has reached.

Lagerback is white, he qualifies for WC, no matter the challenges or errors made, he is allowed to take the team he qualified.

Amodu qualifies twice and he is not allowed to take his team. How are we suppose to be sure he would not reach second round too? We just assume not? And claim Lagerback has done it, so he is better and has what is required at this stage? undecided

debosky:

Amodu is no bad coach, but lacks the ability to bring the best out of this Nigerian side. While it is too early to say what Lagerbeck can do, the players comments point to the fact that there is a methodical approach to things that they can learn from, which they didn't get from Amodu.

He had the ability to bring the best out of them when Bonfrere (The hero of Olympics) almost lost us a WC place?

He had the ability to make them score critical goals that qualified us again this time around without losing a game?

But yet we disparage him and then say the Super Eagles were stellar when Argentina were tormenting us. When we went into a WC match and decided not to compete for 70mins. We still claim say Lagerback has brought out the best in them.  undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 11:35pm On Jun 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

Amodu brought in who?
Half of the players you have there were Siasia's discovery and Anichebe starred for Everton.
Na Amodu teach em how to kick football?

Hmm.

So it was Lagerback that discovered Haruna or taught him how to kick ball?  undecided

That was proud9ja's example when he was struggling to find an achievement of LGBK, so I gave him a similar one. If that can be an achievement for LGBK, why not for Amodu?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sauron1: 11:41pm On Jun 14, 2010
Sagamite:

Hmm.

So it was Lagerback that discovered Haruna or taught him how to kick ball?  undecided

That was proud9ja's example when he was struggling to find an achievement of LGBK, so I gave him a similar one. If that can be an achievement for LGBK, why not for Amodu?

No one is suggesting Lagerback discovered any player.
Everyone has inferred Lagerback had little time to work on the players so let's rule out player discovery here.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 11:44pm On Jun 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

No one is suggesting Lagerback discovered any player.
Everyone has inferred Lagerback had little time to work on the players so let's rule out player discovery here.

Actually Proud9ja claimed LGBK brought quality players into SE and praised him for it, and disparage Amodu, despite the fact Haruna has done nothing.

You think it is not fair I show the quality players Amodu brought into SE that have done something tangible?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sauron1: 11:47pm On Jun 14, 2010
Sagamite:

Actually Proud9ja claimed LGBK brought quality players into SE and praised him for it, and disparage Amodu, despite the fact Haruna has done nothing.

You think it is not fair I show the quality players Amodu brought into SE that have done something tangible?

Amodu Shuaib nor sabi anything.
His teams are not inspiring to watch. . . . .
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by proudly9ja(m): 11:47pm On Jun 14, 2010
If its a white vs black issue @sagamite, it seem you have forgotten that Phillip Troussier qualified Nigeria for the world cup in 1998 without losing a match yet he was fired for Bora Milotonovich. Abi Troussier no be white man?

It just shows, that this is no black vs white issue. We felt the guy wasn't good enough and we sacked him! And while risking the danger of sounding like a broken record, I restate again, we have moved on, Amodu and sagamite (his agent cheesy cheesy) should also move on.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 11:49pm On Jun 14, 2010
proudly9ja:

If its a white vs black issue @sagamite, it seem you have forgotten that Phillip Troussier qualified Nigeria for the world cup in 1998 without losing a match yet he was fired for Bora Milotonovich. Abi Troussier no be white man?

It just shows, that this is no black vs white issue. We felt the guy wasn't good enough and we sacked him! And while risking the danger of sounding like a broken record, I restate again, we have moved on, Amodu and sagamite (his agent cheesy cheesy) should also move on.

Do you agree bringing Haruna into the team is not an achievement?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by proudly9ja(m): 11:51pm On Jun 14, 2010
Sagamite:

Do you agree bringing Haruna into the team is not an achievement?
Do you agree sticking with the SE while his comtemporaries have moved on to improve their resumes is not an achievement?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 11:54pm On Jun 14, 2010
proudly9ja:

Do you agree sticking with the SE while his comtemporaries have moved on to improve their resumes is not an achievement?

I never said it was and never used it to praise him.

Now you have answered a question with a question, pls answer my question.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by proudly9ja(m): 12:11am On Jun 15, 2010
Briniging Haruna into the team is a bold step which Amodu would not have made - That's my point! If this implies an achievement to you, then it is an achievement!

And I gave a case point of him going all the way to bring in Akanji from Malta in 2002 when we had Rotimi, Enyeama and Dele in the local League.

Nawao, we don try sef, this topic don take over 24hrs
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by proudly9ja(m): 12:32am On Jun 15, 2010
And finally abeg, try commot Kaita, Obinna, Apam from your list. Stop giving Amodu credit he doesn;t deserve. Those guys played for Eguavoen's Eagles
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by sage(m): 2:36am On Jun 15, 2010
Why is Sagamite making this a skin colour thing? Its like he is acting like an American who sees everything though the prism of colour and those people usually can not make very rational arguments.

@Sagamite, u be Naija so no dey talk like westerner wey colour issues don mess up their head and everything for them na colour based.

The french guy wey qualify Naija for 1998 world cup was sacked and replaced before the world cup by another European coach. Amodu was sacked and replaced by Onigbinde, another Nigerian despite qualifying naija for 2002.

Nigerians critisized the German guy wey wan coach Naija from Germany and sacked him.

What you have to understand is that Amodu is not a coach. He can be a "green man" for all I cared I would still have personally fired his ass. Lagerbeer might end up not much better but firing Amodu was the right thing to do.

Nigerians love coaches who inspired teams and took them to the next level regardless of colour hence the love for Westerhof, Bonfere and Siasia. It has nothing to do with colour. If Westerhof had dark skin and achieved the same things Naija people would love him the same.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by omar22(m): 6:05am On Jun 15, 2010
Amodu qualifies twice and he is not allowed to take his team. How are we suppose to be sure he would not reach second round too? We just assume not? And claim Lagerback has done it, so he is better and has what is required at this stage?

The last time i checked the biology teacher Onigbinde who replaced Amodu in 2002 wasnt white as it was put on the BBC website, Amodu is tactically ineptitude!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by omar22(m): 6:21am On Jun 15, 2010
http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=1301

I am impressed with LAGERBACK - SEGUN ODEGBAMI
Published: June 14, 2010

* Former Eagles' captain, Segun Odegbami has commended Coach Lars Lagerback for instilling discipline in the Super Eagles players and organising the team.

Odegbami said in Johannesburg that though the team lost its opening Group B match in the World Cup, they were better organised.

"Generally, it was a much better performance by the Super Eagles than they have put up in a long time. One must give credit to Lagerback for putting some organisation in that team."

Odegbami said the Eagles had potentials and a good chance of winning their remaining Group B matches.

"Absolutely, if the Super Eagles were able to hold one of the favourites of this championship, undoubtedly, one of the teams to watch out in this championship, they can play against any team."

He urged the team to sustain the discipline and organisation they showed in their first match against Argentina to win their remaining matches.

"The other two matches are going to be completely different from the match against Argentina.

"Just because we were able to play this way against Argentina, does not mean that the Eagles will play well against the other two teams," the former skipper of the Green Eagles revealed to the Daily Champion.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by princekevo(m): 7:21am On Jun 15, 2010
"
Generally, it was a much better performance by the Super Eagles than they have put up in a long time. One must give credit to Lagerback for putting some organisation in that team."

Exactly what i said before all these guys we never enter pitch before play foot wan kill me. Thank God is now coming from someone who has one time kicked the leather b4. Last match was the first time in past few year i saw a game change in SE. The first time in the past few years i saw a SE coach standing up engineering the team and tealling them what to do in the field of play. Yet some people whom racism and tribalism has clouded their mind still compare him to a man who sits at the bench chewing Gum, and looking like a lost soul for full 90mins.

A current team member Etuhu who was interviewed by BBC declared how organised and discipline the team is under Lagerback. I don't know if we are to believe those who sit behind their computer jst for criticism sake or the people on the group who are directly involved in the game.

I cant wait for 17th, becoz i strongly believe all these haterz on this forum will shall remain silent forever
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by omerese(m): 7:27am On Jun 15, 2010
does anyone know where one can watch this match again? Nigeria/Argentina.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 8:08am On Jun 15, 2010
proudly9ja:

Briniging Haruna into the team is a bold step which Amodu would not have made - That's my point! If this implies an achievement to you, then it is an achievement!

No 1, there is NOTHING bold about it.

No 2, Haruna has done NOTHING to make selecting him some kind of special act.

No 3, Amodu brought in Adeleye and Nsofor and that is not bold? And you can conjectuate that he would not have brought in Haruna eventually.

No 4, selecting Haruna is not an achievement and if it is the only praise that can be found for LGBK, then it speaks volumes for my stance that no significant improvement has been brought to SE yet. People should stop pointing to chimeras all because they got a placebo.

proudly9ja:

And I gave a case point of him going all the way to bring in Akanji from Malta in 2002 when we had Rotimi, Enyeama and Dele in the local League.

Nawao, we don try sef, this topic don take over 24hrs

And what was wrong with Akanji?

He flopped in goal or something? Was he even No 1?

Are you saying somehow you have some proof Enyeama that was a calamity at crossings in WC 2002 was better than him then? Or you have some proof that Rotimi or Dele were better too?

Or is this ANOTHER cheap excuse to disparage Amodu just because Akanji's career did not shoot up and Enyeama's EVENTUALLY did?

Except you can show some prove of any of the above (bar form EIGHT YEARS LATER), then this is just another shady calumniation. That is like me looking to disparage Westerhof and start saying why did he take Ekoku instead of Kanu to WC94, because Kanu would have got us to SF at least like when he helped us win Olympics. Cheap arguments.

And by the way, a player can be good and a coach can decide not to invite him. Even Westerhof did not invite Owobokiri, despite performing better in Europe than some of our other strikers (not to say Enyeama was performing better than Akanji then).

And here we go again, praising another failure to disparage Amodu. The same Onigbinde that was a lap dog that took junks to WC where we did not go past the first stage for the first time.

Another by the way, is that Troussier lost against Guinea in WCQs.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 8:17am On Jun 15, 2010
sage:

Why is Sagamite making this a skin colour thing? Its like he is acting like an American who sees everything though the prism of colour and those people usually can not make very rational arguments.

@Sagamite, u be Naija so no dey talk like westerner wey colour issues don mess up their head and everything for them na colour based.

The french guy wey qualify Naija for 1998 world cup was sacked and replaced before the world cup by another European coach. Amodu was sacked and replaced by Onigbinde, another Nigerian despite qualifying naija for 2002.

Nigerians critisized the German guy wey wan coach Naija from Germany and sacked him.

What you have to understand is that Amodu is not a coach. He can be a "green man" for all I cared I would still have personally fired his backside. Lagerbeer might end up not much better but firing Amodu was the right thing to do.

Nigerians love coaches who inspired teams and took them to the next level regardless of colour hence the love for Westerhof, Bonfere and Siasia. It has nothing to do with colour. If Westerhof had dark skin and achieved the same things Naija people would love him the same.

I am not a black militant. I am FAR from it. I HATE it.

I am an objectivity militant, and it just so happens that this case is black vs white.

Another case earlier was Palestine vs Isreal. I support Isreal but when they do something wrong, my religion is objectivity (I don't follow Muhammed or Jesu Christi. I have no interest whatsoever and I never will), MY RELIGION IS OBJECTIVITY, so I condemn Isreal objectively.

This is why I am making it a colour thing:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-452348.1984.html#msg6215395

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-452348.1984.html#msg6215484

It was obvious Vogts just came to collect money from the dirty African foools that hired him. So when they realise eventually, they had to fire him. They took his shite for a while and watched him fail though.

Imagine it was Keshi given the job and he says he would coach from Belgium or Siasia from US. Watch how quick he would be replaced without paying his salary by a local substitute.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 8:20am On Jun 15, 2010
omerese:

does anyone know where one can watch this match again? Nigeria/Argentina.

That would just be a HOLY GRAIL.

So we can all watch minute by minute and I will point out the "tremendous", "glorious", "world class"  grin grin grin grin grin grin performance of SE against Argentina.

We see white man we become optimistic. Our problems are solved.  undecided

Our defence is REPEATEDLY penetrated.

Our players refuse to compete and worshipped the opponent (the only team to have done so so far).

Our attack refuse to pass to each other in clear goal scoring chances.

Yet people say they see improvement in "shape", "urgency" and "teamwork". F me Lord! undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Princek12(m): 8:43am On Jun 15, 2010
Sagamite:

That would just be a HOLY GRAIL.

So we can all watch minute by minute and I will point out the "tremendous", "glorious", "world class"  grin grin grin grin grin grin performance of SE against Argentina.

We see white man we become optimistic. Our problems are solved.  undecided

Our players refuse to compete and worshipped the opponent (the only team to have done so so far).

Our attack refuse to pass to each other in clear goal scoring chances.

Yet people say they see improvement in "shape", "urgency" and "teamwork". F me Lord! undecided

i concur
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by proudly9ja(m): 9:10am On Jun 15, 2010
Nawao o sagamite. How can you say Amodu brought in Nsofor into the National team? Nsofor played for Nigeria at the Nations Cup in 2006 coached by Eguavoen. I pointed that out earlier. However, thats not even the point.

As for Murphy, I won't even argue this with you again cos it seems you know little or nothing about Nigerian football. As at 2002 those three names were the best goalkeepers in the Nigerian league but Amodu in his usual style of compensating people, took Ndubisi Egbo and Murphy Akanji (who had passed his prime and wasn't even the best when he was at Berger for going to Malta) to the Nations Cup. It took the BOLDNESS of baba Onigbinde to bring in Austin Ejide (another raw talent from the league) and Enyeama to the National team. It also took that boldness to use him in the game against England! And just in case you are yet to notice, ONIGBINDE IS BLACK!

Anyways, I'm not saying anymore on this.

If Odegbami, Paul Bassey and some of the players - Etuhu, Osaze, Martins (these were players who were regulars under Amodu so you cannot accuse them of talking bad of him) can all come out and say our team has improved, I think that even without watching any of Lagerback's games, I can confidently rely on their judgements and agree that OUR TEAM HAS IMPROVED!
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Jarus(m): 9:17am On Jun 15, 2010
So we can all watch minute by minute and I will point out the "tremendous", "glorious", "world class"        performance of SE against Argentina.
sarcasm, but seriously the guys did well.

We see white man we become optimistic. Our problems are solved.

Saga, I disagree with you. This is not a matter of white or black man, after all, Nigerians are unanimous that Berti Vogts was one of, if not our poorest coach ever, yet he's white. We may not be there yet, but it is obvious that Lagerback is brining improvement to this team.
I agree Amodua too could have given us this result but definitely not like this. It can be argued that with Onigbinde, a local coach, in 2002, we got the same 1-0 result against the Argies but the SA game was far better. In 2002, we were completely outclassed from beginning to end, and let's not forget that the 2002 Argies team was not as star-studded as now.

The difference so far btw what Amodu would have done and what Lars is doing:
1, A player like Haruna would not have made the team with Amodu, and he is our best midfielder now, meaning our Midfield would have been more shambolic.
2, Olofinjana, Nwaneri and co would have made teh team ahead of Lukmon and Afolabi respectively. With Lars we ahve more options in the defence.
3, Lars has instilled some discipline into the team.
4, Amodu would have waited till 80-85 minutes before making sub. Lars did his subs at a time they can still make a difference. Martins and Osaz's introduction made impact.

I agree with these though:

But whose defence wouldn't Messi have? Ask Arsenal.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 9:22am On Jun 15, 2010
proudly9ja:

As for Murphy, I won't even argue this with you again cos it seems you know little or nothing about Nigerian football. As at 2002 those three names were the best goalkeepers in the Nigerian league but Amodu in his usual style of compensating people, took Ndubisi Egbo and Murphy Akanji (who had passed his prime and wasn't even the best when he was at Berger for going to Malta) to the Nations Cup. It took the BOLDNESS of baba Onigbinde to bring in Austin Ejide (another raw talent from the league) and Enyeama to the National team. It also took that boldness to use him in the game against England! And just in case you are yet to notice, ONIGBINDE IS BLACK!

I repeat Enyeama was a calamity with crosses in WC2002. He was a joke!

The UK commentators were controlling themselves not to laugh because they would get in trouble. I did not see Akanji or Egbo mess up, so please don't come 8 years later when Enyeama is now a top keeper and use it to blur opinions.

The Enyeama I saw in 2002 was not a WC material and Onigbinde took him.

Why was Onigbinde appointed, was it not because they realise they had no budget to hire a coach the public would accept? And Onigbinde was amiable enough to accpet names to be struck of lists. The senile cretin took Justice Christopher to WC instead of Oliseh.

You also forgot to note the junks Ogbeche, Opabunmi, Akwuegbu he took to WC. You don't thank him for those too?

Na rats go chop im body when im die.

rhymz:

If Odegbami, Paul Bassey and some of the players - Etuhu, Osaze, Martins (these were players who were regulars under Amodu so you cannot accuse them of talking bad of him) can all come out and say our team has improved, I think that even without watching any of Lagerback's games, I can confidently rely on their judgements and agree that OUR TEAM HAS IMPROVED!

All na placebo.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by omar22(m): 9:26am On Jun 15, 2010
The same Onigbinde that was a lap dog that took junks to WC

Amodu was NFF's hand puppet or should I say Ogunjobi foot-mat!!!

I repeat Enyeama was a calamity with crosses in WC2002. He was a joke!

How many goals did Enyeama conceeded?

or are we talking about the same Enyeama that made a world class move to save Paul Scholles thunderbolt that was heading towards the top corner, Calamity or not he was thrown at the deep end and came out with flying colour which had an impact on his career now 3 time Israeli player of the year,
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 9:36am On Jun 15, 2010
Jarus:

sarcasm, but seriously the guys did well.
Saga, I disagree with you. This is not a matter of white or black man, after all, Nigerians are unanimous that Berti Vogts was one of, if not our poorest coach ever, yet he's white. We may not be there yet, but it is obvious that Lagerback is brining improvement to this team.
I agree Amodua too could have given us this result but definitely not like this. It can be argued that with Onigbinde, a local coach, in 2002, we got the same 1-0 result against the Argies but the SA game was far better. In 2002, we were completely outclassed from beginning to end, and let's not forget that the 2002 Argies team was not as star-studded as now.

Doing well is not by playing well for 20 mins.

For 70 mins, these guys were playing like falcons. Even Greece was awful but at least they competed.

Onigbinde took junks to WC, these are not great players but they are better. They should have shown urgency (which they did not show under Amodu too).

Jarus:

The difference so far btw what Amodu would have done and what Lars is doing:
1, A player like Haruna would not have made the team with Amodu, and he is our best midfielder now, meaning our Midfield would have been more shambolic.

Even if I was to accept the conjecture that Amodu would have eventually not invited Haruna or Ibrahim, Haruna has done nothing yet to warrant that it was a good decision. I PRAY HE DOES. I want him to. But he has not.

He was outclassed in midfield vs Arg and looked like if he was not interested being there. I can't think of one pass he made.

Jarus:

2, Olofinjana, Nwaneri and co would have made teh team ahead of Lukmon and Afolabi respectively. With Lars we ahve more options in the defence.

Another conjecture.

Did Amodu not drop Nwaneri at ANC after 1st game? So what makes you so sure he would make WC list? Did anyone know he was going to drop Adeleye for ANC or was it an utter shock? Or Eneramo? So why all of a sudden are we certain who would make his team to the WC?

Jarus:

3, Lars has instilled some discipline into the team.

Explain.

Jarus:

4, Amodu would have waited till 80-85 minutes before making sub. Lars did his subs at a time they can still make a difference. Martins and Osaz's introduction made impact.

Do you want me to dig up times of Amodu subs and compare to LGBKs.  undecided

I am sure this accusation has minimal bases (maybe just 1 or 2 games out of 18).

Should Odems not have started in the first place? Would people not have slaughtered Amodu if he was the one that started Yak?

Jarus:

I agree with these though:
But whose defence wouldn't Messi have? Ask Arsenal.

True.

When South Korea plays and competes instead of worshipping, we would see whether competing might help in reducing that amount of 1-on-1 with keeper.

You look at Olympics 96. Brazil hard world class players and penetrated us several times and wasted chances, but because we were competing, we won.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by moonraker(m): 9:45am On Jun 15, 2010
are the guys who are saying that we had a good game against argentina crazy or high??

I just re- watched the full game again for the third time and my God, we were piss poor,

What the Bleep was that?? yet, that was a good game??

God, i miss amodu, we never played attractive football under him but we got the results,

how we managed not to concide 5goals is smt that is just beyond me,

MR SAGAMITE, I totally agree with you,

FYI: I dont work for amodu, i dont even knw him frm adam, i am just a concerned fan like you
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 9:57am On Jun 15, 2010
Jarus:

I have taken the liberty to dig out Amodu's subs in games we needed to score goals and it was not forthcoming. Games people would have been calling for subs (we were not leading, did not score early and needed to score otherwise consequences are dire):

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/africa/matches/round=250418/match=300036619/report.html
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/africa/matches/round=250418/match=300036614/report.html
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/africa/matches/round=252295/match=300070343/report.html
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/africa/matches/round=252295/match=300070325/report.html
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/africa/matches/round=252295/match=300070323/report.html
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/africa/matches/round=252295/match=300070321/report.html
http://www.cafonline.com/competition/african-cup-of-nations-angola_2010/match/785-egypt-nigeria
http://www.cafonline.com/competition/african-cup-of-nations-angola_2010/match/787-nigeria-benin
http://www.cafonline.com/competition/african-cup-of-nations-angola_2010/match/917-ghana-nigeria

Here is Lagerback's sub vs Argentina:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FIFA_World_Cup_Group_B#Argentina_vs_Nigeria

What is the difference? But somehow we see improvements in substitutions? Please highlight to me the improvement you saw. The chimera improvements I was talking about?

Can you see that you were like other people just calumniating Amodu with conjectures. Such conjectures form the bulk of criticisms of him.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by Sagamite(m): 10:11am On Jun 15, 2010
moonraker:

are the guys who are saying that we had a good game against argentina crazy or high??

I just re- watched the full game again for the third time and my God, we were piss poor,

What the bleep was that?? yet, that was a good game??

God, i miss amodu, we never played attractive football under him but we got the results,

how we managed not to concide 5goals is smt that is just beyond me,

MR SAGAMITE, I totally agree with you,

FYI: I dont work for amodu, i dont even knw him frm adam, i am just a concerned fan like you

Thank you.

Is there a way you can upload the game online anywhere?
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by SLIGHT(m): 10:15am On Jun 15, 2010
Hmmn naija has somany online football players analyzers, carry on.
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by moonraker(m): 10:19am On Jun 15, 2010
@ Sagamite

My Friend has just uploading the match in high definition on this site, its in toreent form though so

anyone interested shd just download it,

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5627442/FIFA.World.Cup.2010.Group.B.Argentina.vs.Nigeria.720p.HDTV.x264-
Re: Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup by 190: 10:22am On Jun 15, 2010
see argument!!

OK, SAGA
Do u see us winning our next match against greece!

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (87) (Reply)

Referee Bakary Gassama Apologises To Nigeria After South Africa Match / 'FIFA VAR' Introduced In Village Football Competition In Imo State (photos) / World Cup: Psychic Pig Picks Nigeria And Argentina For Semi-final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.