Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Help Fund A Nigerian Village Surgeon to LSHTM To Fulfil His Dream - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help Fund A Nigerian Village Surgeon to LSHTM To Fulfil His Dream (406 Views)

Is College Relief Fund A Scam ? / Students Surprise Their Outgoing Male Teacher With His Dream Shoes In US (Video / Fully Funded Postgraduate Training Fellowship At Lshtm In Medical Statistics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help Fund A Nigerian Village Surgeon to LSHTM To Fulfil His Dream by ubiquitousade(m): 12:27pm On May 25, 2018
I crave that we support him to fulfil his dream.

https://www.gofundme.com/helpanigerianvillagesurgeontolshtm

My name is Olalekan Aina.
I am a medical doctor from Nigeria with a keen interest in addressing medical issues of public health concern.
I have worked in some of the most remote areas of Nigeria standing in the gap and operating on pregnant teenagers with difficult delivery, helping to combat malnutrition and tending to patients diagnosed with the deadly LASSA fever virus.

I have just been accepted at the prestigious London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) for the 2018/19 MSc in Public Health programme and I am delighted at the opportunity to hone my skills and continue my work towards achieving sustainable health development on larger scale for the people in Nigeria and Africa.
LSHTM is the third best university in the world for Social Sciences and Public Health coming behind only Harvard and John Hopkins, ahead of both Oxford & Cambridge.

Funding this full-time 1 year programme in London will require £22,600 in tuition and £17, 630 in living cost and study materials. This comes to about 55,000USD altogether. Classes will begin in September 2018 and I have till the end of July 2018 to put forward my financial evidence to the school's finance team while I am expected to pay in August.

This lifetime opportunity does mean a lot to an unlikely Nigerian village boy like me and I'd be immensely grateful to get all the financial support I'll need to pull through with the plan.
Kindly almost be assured that by helping this dream come true, you are helping a lot of helpless Nigerian children and indeed the Nigerian populace access the sustainable healthcare that has continued to elude us and result in avoidable deaths.

THERE'S A LOT THAT WE CAN DO IF YOU'LL HELP US STAY ALIVE.

Thank you all in anticipation of your kind help.

Sincerely,

Olalekan O. AINA
The Nigerian Village Surgeon
May, 2018

Thank you.

For Olalekan Aina

https://www.gofundme.com/helpanigerianvillagesurgeontolshtm

cc Lalasticlala, mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Complete List Of 2018 Tuition Free Universities In Norway And Admission Requirem / 2018 Jamb Result Statistics / TASUED Post UTME / DE Screening Form 2018/2019 Is Finally Out....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.