Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Top Government Functionaries And Their Multi-billion Naira Farms Part I - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Top Government Functionaries And Their Multi-billion Naira Farms Part I (290 Views)

Top Government Functionaries, Celebrities, Others Set For Okpe Language Movie, I / A Multi-billion Naira Hotel Seals By EFCC In Abia State / Psquare Put Their Multi-million Naira Mansion In Ikeja Up For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top Government Functionaries And Their Multi-billion Naira Farms Part I by goodsolomon: 4:16pm On May 25, 2018
Owning a farm in Nigeria is no big deal. In fact, to guarantee food sufficiency in a country that hitherto depended solely on oil is encouraging. But something is amiss. Our investigation reveals that the current political elites are the greatest beneficiaries of President Buhari-led farming revolution policies and schemes. This way, the only small fraction of the market is left for the over 180m Nigerians who are at the lowest social rung to compete.

The investigation further reveals that Nigeria political elites benefit more from all the pro-agricultural incentives and schemes than the average peasant farmer who just strive to eke out what he and members of his family could survive on.

You’d be surprised that virtually all the agricultural loans and schemes by the likes of Central Bank of Nigeria, Bank of Agriculture, BOI and NIRSAL directly benefit the elites, most times through proxies. But, the great news is that they are producing. Producing what the poor Nigerians may or may not afford to buy. They cash in on their positions to create the needed market for their produce.

In the first part of this investigative report, we will bring to your reading pleasure the farms and the current top government functionaries that own them.
https://www.leadingreporters.com/investigation/top-government-functionaries-and-their-multi-billion-naira-farms-part-i/

(1) (Reply)

How Long Has Your Current Phone Served You and Why? / Money Craze / Nigeria Ranked 16th Least Peaceful Country In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.