Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

Fbn Test: The Possibility Of Negative Marking - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Fbn Test: The Possibility Of Negative Marking (1991 Views)

The Shortlisted Candidates For The FBN Graduate Trainee Test, Pls Lets Meet Here / Invitation Letter For Aptitude Test (the West African Examinations Council(waec) / NDDC Recruitment Apptitude Test- The Latest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fbn Test: The Possibility Of Negative Marking by bruce(m): 5:52pm On Mar 19, 2007
Going by one of the instructions given in FBN Test what does the House think on the possibility of Negative marking? One of the instructions points to negative marking if critically analyzed. That Particular instruction read as follows:

"FAILURE TO ANSWER ANY QUESTION WILL NOT ATTRACT ANY PENALTY"  I stand to be corrected if that is not exactly the way it was phrased.

In my own opinion, I think there is negative marking. Ordinarily, you don't get penalized for not answering a question, but you only lose the mark you would have scored if answered correctly. Therefore, I think what they are simply saying is: "YOU SHOULD NOT ANSWER ANY QUESTION YOU ARE NOT SURE OF. IF YOU DO AND ANSWER WRONGLY YOU WILL BE PENALIZED. BUT IF YOU LEAVE IT UNANSWERED YOU WILL NOT BE PENALIZED"  Of course the penalty there-to is to count it against you.

Moreover, the way the invigilators were emphasizing on reading and understanding the instructions suggests something fishy about it.  What does the House think about this?

Please note that this thread is meant only to elicit peoples opinion on this issue, at least for the sake of posterity, and not to dash or dispair the hopes of those who wrote the exam, especially those that guess-ticked,  maybe including myself  cry cry

Also note that if you are sure of yourself, whether you guess-tick or not, success is yours!!! Believe it and it shall be so.

Just think about it and make your contributions.

One LOve!!! kiss
Re: Fbn Test: The Possibility Of Negative Marking by bruce(m): 5:20pm On Mar 20, 2007
Aint nobody contributing? Or does it means no one took notice of what am talking about?\
Re: Fbn Test: The Possibility Of Negative Marking by tipsydude(m): 6:48pm On Mar 20, 2007
[b]@bruce

dude i don't really know wats difficult 2 understand 4rm dat instruction.if the instruction reads "FAILURE TO ANSWER ANY QUESTION WILL NOT ATTRACT ANY PENALTY" it simply implies dat skippin a tough question or shading d wrong anwser 2 dat question aint gonna pull u down. simple.do not 4get dat another instruction states "ATTEMPT ALL QUESTIONS".if u r quite conversant wit aptitude tests, u shuld know dat where there is gonna be some negative markings, u will be instructed 2 leave those questions u do not know.do not 4get dat it is highly recommended dat 4 tests dat instruct u 2 answer all, leavin any blank space is kinda stupid cos u stand a beta chance by guessing and shading than by leavin it blank.so pls wheneva u com across such an instruction, do not hesitate 2 guess where u aint sure.u neva know u might guess right.

all am saying is dat d second instruction lends credence 2 d first so bro relax and eliminate those conspiracy theories dat r building up in ur mind.

all i said above is my own opinion bro.i don't know wat other members of d house might think.besides d first bank test is my first apt test but i have seen past test questions and i hav an idea wat their instructions r like.

no long thing.[/b]
Re: Fbn Test: The Possibility Of Negative Marking by dozee(m): 12:16pm On Mar 21, 2007
hey tipsydude,i feel what usaid on fbn.U r absolutely right.people will just SCREW themslves with too much much grammar.let people learn 2 keep it simple & follow simple rules.Once agin 'no long thing'.R u alwayz tipsy?Cheers!
Re: Fbn Test: The Possibility Of Negative Marking by bruce(m): 5:08pm On Mar 21, 2007
@tipsydude
Even though you tried not to sound personal, you actually did sounded.

["FAILURE TO ANSWER ANY QUESTION WILL NOT ATTRACT ANY PENALTY" I stand to be corrected if that is not exactly the way it was phrased.]

This is issue based. If you have noticed anything different in the instruction, you should then understand why I said I stand to be corrected if it otherwise.

However, you have made you own contribution and it is well appreciated. I believe others have theirs too.

Some times instructions are given in such a way that if you are not careful you run the risk of falling to the trick. Especially in tests such as this where a large number of candidates are invited. any trick could be applied to cut down excesses.

The thread is to discuss this issue for posterity sake, and not for any conspiracy build up. Maybe an insider could help out.

Great minds discuss issues and ideas not people and personality.

One Love!
Re: Fbn Test: The Possibility Of Negative Marking by okenwa(m): 3:57am On Mar 22, 2007
I ACTUALLY TOOK PART IN THE FBN TEST.
I ANSWERED THE ONES I COULD FIRST(about 60%)OF THE QUESTIONS BUT WHEN IT WAS 10mins TO END THE TEST, I HAVE TO START SHADING ANY HOW because of my understanding of that short sentence(meaning that-we will not be penalised for shading the wrong answers)
AM NOT AFRAID OF THE OUTCOME PROVIDED THAT THEY WILL ABIDE BY THAT INSTRUCTION WHEN THEY ARE MARKING THE SCRIPTS.
there is nothing like negative marking there, no bi JAMB we write ok. :' tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin grin grin grin wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Fbn Test: The Possibility Of Negative Marking by tipsydude(m): 9:05pm On Mar 24, 2007
@dozee
hey guy wats gud?am glad u understood my reply 2 d topic @ hand.as 4 my being tipsy 24/7, well lets say our society needs one's head 2 be way high inorder 2 stay afloat.hope u catch my drift.but i don't use intoxicants wink.i have a natural high all d time. cool

@bruce
dude i didn't mean 2 sound personal and i know i didn't so pls don't sweat me.try 2 abide by ur creed: "Great minds discuss issues and ideas not people and personality." as u well know i neva digressed 4rm d issue at hand so relax.

(1) (Reply)

Software Developers (java / J2ee - Web App Programming) : 2 Positions @ S.korea / Vacancy For Marketing Officer/bdo / Urgent Vacancies At Fazone International Ltd. (apply Now)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.