Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" (28957 Views)

Wizkid: ‘I Parted Ways With Banky W’s EME Record Label Having Zero Naira In My A / Tacha: Why Teebillz And I Parted Ways / Aisha Abimbola: Biography Of Late Nollywood Actress "Omoge Campus" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by EmagNig(m): 6:22am On May 26, 2018
Late popular Nollywood actress Aisha Abimbola aka Omoge Campus was buried in Canada just some few days after her demise in the country and a candlelight procession was held in her honor on Wednesday 23rd May.

In a recent chat with Saturday Beats the actress’ late husband, Mr. Ibrahim Okunola said that contrary to reports making rounds, he was still legally married to the deceased till her demise.

Okunola said

“It is a lie that we had divorced. We had not lived together for about seven years but we were still legally married till she died. The reason we were separated is a family issue. I would miss her till I die because she was a virtuous mother and a go-getter.

I gave her the nickname, Magic Aisha because she had a way of achieving her dreams and goals. She was someone that would give you her shoulder to lean on and her listening ears no matter what you are going through. Even when she was not in my house again, if I had any issue in life, I always called her.”

Also a thespian like his wife, Okunola said that it was his late wife’s wish not to alert the public about her battle with cancer. He said that his hands were tied as he had to respect her wish.

Okunola described his wife as a fighter whom he believed would win the battle against cancer but sadly, she lost the fight.

“The late Aisha was my wife and her death has made me very sad. I knew she had cancer but we did not see her death coming. I thought she was going to survive the battle against cancer because she was a fighter and she really fought cancer. Though most people did not know about her ailment, she gave cancer a good fight before she died.

Omoge Campus did not tell people that she had cancer because she did not want people to pity her neither did she want to beg the public for money. Aisha was someone that respected my opinion and vice versa. Whenever she said something, I normally agreed with her. We discussed the issue of telling the public about her illness but she refused to open up to the public and I had to respect her opinion.

“The last time I saw her was a week before she travelled out of the country and if I am correct that would be December 23, 2017. She wanted to travel with our children to America and she needed some documents so she asked me to come with the documents she needed because for about seven years, we had not been together but we were still legally married.

We actually met in Femi Falana’s office for her to get the documents. After I had given her the required documents, I told her that she looked so lean, the next thing she did was to look at me and begin to weep. I had to comfort her and tell her that I would be with her in America the following year because I believed she was going to survive the illness being the fighter that she was. Sadly, she did not win the battle against cancer,” he said.

Okunola further seized the opportunity to thank his late wife’s boss, Saidi Balogun, for being a strong pillar of support for the family in their time of mourning.

“I am also very grateful for the support of The Golden Movies Ambassadors of Nigeria led by Saidi Balogun. They did not only hold a successful candle light and prayer session for my late wife in Nigeria but they stood by our family in our time of grief,” he said.

https://lailasnews.com/omoge-campus-and-i-parted-for-7-years-we-never-divorced-husband/

lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by itspzpics(m): 6:24am On May 26, 2018
Hmmm Eeeyah
Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by s3tt1ngz003: 6:32am On May 26, 2018
Foolish statement, so parted for 7 good years is not enough to conclude you've divorced her

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by goldbim(f): 6:54am On May 26, 2018
Parted /separated ,still the same.the painful thing is she's gone and only God can console her loved ones..people should respect the family's period of grief and not add to it with untrue speculation...it can't bring back the dead.

4 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by anuoluwapo884(m): 10:20am On May 26, 2018
Issokay so after 7 years of living apart you want a legal written paper to tell you it’s over long ago

5 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by Codeman01(m): 10:21am On May 26, 2018
This man deserve castration straight undecided undecided undecided

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by miteolu(m): 10:24am On May 26, 2018
Useless man

4 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by Eneyerin: 10:24am On May 26, 2018
Is he trying to catch in on her death? Yeye dey smell what do you call seven years apart as per man and his wife? He forgot her the day they got separated.

9 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by comelyJummy(f): 10:24am On May 26, 2018
How will she say her part of d story now........

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by annnikky(f): 10:24am On May 26, 2018
This man looks like yaw of wazobia fm smiley

27 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by Oyindidi(f): 10:25am On May 26, 2018
Why is he telling the world now?
Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by weyreypey: 10:25am On May 26, 2018
This is yaw.
Meanwhile

In a recent chat with Saturday Beats the actress’ late husband, Mr. Ibrahim Okunola said

Op did you speak with the ghost of the husband?

12 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by chy200(f): 10:26am On May 26, 2018
Is that not YAW... abi na my eye?

9 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by Awoleesu(m): 10:26am On May 26, 2018
OP, check your syntax pls... What do you mean "...the actress' late husband"!

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by weyreypey: 10:27am On May 26, 2018
chy200:
Is that not YAW... abi na my eye?
Na im

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by Nobody: 10:27am On May 26, 2018
Gone too soon. May u rest in peace sister.

Now that shes gone, Oga Ibrahim no forget your children ooo

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by emmylee097: 10:28am On May 26, 2018
Bloggers lying ..that's yaw
Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by dododawa1: 10:29am On May 26, 2018
Outside JOY and inside SAD
Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by Yinkwamo(m): 10:31am On May 26, 2018
weyreypey:

Na im

Maybe a wrong picture was used but Yaw isn't her husband

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by God2man(m): 10:38am On May 26, 2018
You see, people need to weigh their options, if you hide it, you may die, if you don't hide it, you may also die. Why not try the later perhaps somebody can give you a solution.

It is better to share your problem with people who can offer solution than to keep it to yourself.
It is half solved.

6 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by emmasege: 10:40am On May 26, 2018
This man is very dumb. You parted for seven years, you had to go give her children's documents in Femi Falana's office when she wanted to travel out. Why not in her house or your house or even a friend or family member's place?

I can only conclude that Femi Falana advised you against official divorce for your children's sake.

So Mr Man, take your script to Wale Adenuga. He could consider it for his next super story.

6 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by vicfajeze: 10:41am On May 26, 2018
HANDSOME DUDE
Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by OboOlora(f): 10:49am On May 26, 2018
Na YAW be the husband? shocked
Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by OvaSabi1(f): 10:50am On May 26, 2018
That's Yaw, this is the real person

Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by SAMBARRY: 10:50am On May 26, 2018
Igbayi laro

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by teesugar(f): 10:51am On May 26, 2018
annnikky:
I tire ooo. That's Yaw now! Yeye bloggers
Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by 9aiboard: 10:56am On May 26, 2018
ok next
Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by eleko1: 10:58am On May 26, 2018
sad undecided sad this man is CONFUSED. Need transformation. Apology to baba em em @the top
Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by annnikky(f): 11:00am On May 26, 2018
teesugar:
I tire ooo. That's Yaw now! Yeye bloggers
So yaw has become okunola ibrahim grin yeye bloggers
Re: Ibrahim Okunola: "Aisha Abimbola And I Parted For 7 Years, We Never Divorced" by anytaij: 11:00am On May 26, 2018
annnikky:
that's Yaw's picture no mind them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naira Marley's Wikipedia Page To Be Deleted / Cee-c Poses In Super Enthralling Corporate Outfit / Jim Iyke, Ramsey Nouah, Falz, AY Makun On Set of 'Merry Men 2'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.