Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Gernot Rohr Speaks On Composition Of Super Eagles Squad For 2018 World Cup. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Gernot Rohr Speaks On Composition Of Super Eagles Squad For 2018 World Cup. (337 Views)

Prophecies For 2018, By Rev Gabriel Israel / What Are Your New Year Resolutions For 2018? / Breaking! Iwobi Strike Secures Super Eagles Russia 2018 World Cup Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gernot Rohr Speaks On Composition Of Super Eagles Squad For 2018 World Cup. by uneeking(m): 12:12pm On May 26, 2018
If you have been wondering how the composition of the provisional 30-man Super Eagles Squad for the 2018 World Cup Competition came about, you are at the right place right now. That is because the coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria, Gernot Rohr has been giving some insights into that particular issue.

This is what the coach had to say on the issue; “The list was not of my own making alone. I have backroom staff, including the medical team and I gathered all of them in my house. We looked at the players one by one and asked what qualities they have, and how they will complement the other players,”.

He went on to say; “Of course I looked first at the players who were with us for the qualifiers but then I also looked at other players who have done well for their clubs. That’s why you see players like Junior Lokosa who is doing very well in the Nigerian league and Simy Nwakwo who had an excellent season in Italy.”

The coach then spoke on the issue concerning the reason why Nwakali was not included in the squad especially after he put up a five-star performance against Atletico Madrid in last Tuesday’s friendly international.

Rohr had this to say on the issue: “Nwakali is a good player. I knew him before now and he was in my list of 35 players. We had a team of 50 players which we pruned down to 35 and then 30. By the time he played against Atletico, we had already submitted the 30-man list on May 14 and the game against Atletico was on May 22 so it was too late to include him. He’s in my plans and definitely he will be invited after the World Cup.”

Gernot Rorh then hinted that new invitees Lokosa and Nwakwo will get the chance to prove their mettle in Monday’s friendly international against Congo DR in Port Harcourt.

“We will see them on Monday and hopefully they will make a case for their inclusion with their performance against Congo DR and even if they don’t get to be selected, they would have learnt valuable lessons from training with the team. But I have been impressed so far with their performances,” he said.

https://uneekomunikations.com/gernot-rohr-speaks-on-composition-of-30-man-super-eagles-squad-for-2018-world-cup/

(1) (Reply)

FIFA: North American 2026 World Cup Bid Outscores 'high Risk' Morocco / Buhari Declares June 12 Democracy Day To Honour Abiola / How To Start A Blog And Best Way To Make Money Online Blogging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.