Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,117 members, 7,957,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:32 AM

Okocha Not Responsible For My Son Rise –alex Iwobi’s Father - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okocha Not Responsible For My Son Rise –alex Iwobi’s Father (521 Views)

Jay-Jay Okocha Carries Alex Iwobi As A Baby (Throwback Photo) / Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" / Arsenal Celebrates Alex Iwobi For Taking Nigeria To The World Cup. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okocha Not Responsible For My Son Rise –alex Iwobi’s Father by themomentng: 4:10pm On May 26, 2018
Alex Iwobi’s father, Chuka, has stated that former Eagles captain, Austin Okocha did not make his son a star.

The Arsenal and Eagles forward had stated several times that players like Okocha and Thiery Henry were his role models who influenced his rise to stardom.

Reacting, Iwobi’s father told Sports Vanguard that it was incorrect to say Okocha made Iwobi to become a star.

He added: “Its just like any other father, you support your child in whatever he or she wants to do.

“There was no plan for Alex to become a footballer, not to talk of a star. He took it up on himself and as a good parent, we only had to support, because ultimately it was down to him”

Alex Iwobi and other players are in Super Eagles pre-World Cup training camp opened in Uyo.

Super Eagles are expected to trade tackles with Leopards of Congo DR next Monday in Port Harcourt before proceeding to London, where they will play the Three Lions of England at the Wembley Stadium on June 2.

Re: Okocha Not Responsible For My Son Rise –alex Iwobi’s Father by OneCorner: 4:32pm On May 26, 2018
That’s a true Igbo man talking
Re: Okocha Not Responsible For My Son Rise –alex Iwobi’s Father by MrTemple(m): 5:02pm On May 26, 2018
Maybe this is the reason people don't help people.

Chop and clean mouth.
Re: Okocha Not Responsible For My Son Rise –alex Iwobi’s Father by koumianigeria: 6:30pm On May 26, 2018
What if is this is true?

Anyway Okocha is an african legend. So i believe it might not had a direct impact but he made Nigeria popular in regard to talented football players

https://www.richtige-ernährung-zum-abnehmen.de

(1) (Reply)

Super Eagles To Battle Czech Republic On Wednesday @ 2pm (drop Your Predictions) / Desist From Using Lionsbet Those Guys Are Fraudlent / Barcelona Messi Fans Rooting For Argentina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.