Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here (1211 Views)

President Tinubu Has Given His Speech; Read Speech Of Imolenization Nation Here: / Abdullahi Adamu Shouts 'Praise The Lord' On Church's Pulpit (Video) / Igbo Nation Is The Only True Democratic Nation In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 27, 2018
Igbo bu Igbo, let's Post praise on Igbo achievement here: Let me start:

IGBOS ARE A MARKET DOMINANT GROUP- AMERICAN PROFESSOR

According to Chinese American professor, Amy Chua, ethnic groups that control national economies are bound to be hated. In a 2002 book she called World On Fire, she listed her fellow Chinese, Jews, Igbos and Lebanese as some market dominant groups in various parts of the world.In the book, which is available on Amazon, she disclosed that:

The Chinese Filipino community is 1% of the population but controls 60% of the economy, with the result being resentment by the majority against the Chinese minority creating an ethnic conflict. The ethnic Chinese are a market-dominant minority not just in the Philippines but throughout Southeast Asia.

In 1998, Chinese Indonesians, only three percent of the population, controlled roughly 70 percent of Indonesia’s private economy, including all of the country’s largest conglomerate. More recently, in Burma, entrepreneurial Chinese have literally taken over the economies of Mandalay and Rangoon. Lebanese are a market-dominant minority in West Africa. Ibo (or Igbo) are a market-dominant minority in Nigeria. Croats were a market-dominant minority in the former Yugoslavia. And Jews are almost certainly a market-dominant minority in post-Communist Russia.

Is she right? Is this why Igbos are hated by many (not all) in Nigeria? Many non-Igbo Nigerians, including President Muhammadu Buhari, have acknowledged the entrepreneurial acumen of the Igbos. So we agree with Chua’s listing of Igbos with Chinese, Lebanese and Jews as market dominant groups. (It’s the truth.)

We disagree however with Chua’s classification of Igbos as a minority, because in every state in Nigeria, the Igbos are the second most populous ethnic group after the indigenes. They also have a homeland (Ala Igbo) which encompasses the five South Eastern states and parts of the South South like Opobo, Bonny (Igwe Nga) and Port Harcourt (Igwe Ocha). In fact, every census has put Igbos among Nigeria’s top three most populous ethnic groups, despite the sad fact that 3 million of our kin died during the unjustly prosecuted Nigerian Civil War.So, is she right?

Read More Here: http://www.igbodefender.com/2017/06/19/why-igbos-are-hated-chinese-american-professor/#more-541

1 Like

Re: Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by BankeSmalls(f): 12:35pm On May 27, 2018
grin

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by TimFisher: 12:36pm On May 27, 2018
undecided

Madness is flowing.....
Re: Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 27, 2018
So, even American intellectuals know.and recognize Igbo excellence. Igbo Amaka.

3 Likes

Re: Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by BankeSmalls(f): 12:39pm On May 27, 2018
igbodefender:

Post something na.

Just watching a movie titled "the chameleon"

ill be back. grin

5 Likes

Re: Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 27, 2018
BankeSmalls:

ill be back. grin
Who starred in the movie sad ? You right?
Re: Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 27, 2018
TimFisher:
undecided

Madness is flowing.....
E pain am well well. Oya repeat after me: Igbo Amaka. cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 27, 2018
I need lend my voice here....
Igbo kwenu! Igbo muonu!! Igbo kachanu!!!
O ga-diri unu mma.

IGBO AMAKA

3 Likes

Re: Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 27, 2018
LochOtieno:
I need lend my voice here....

Igbo kwenu!
Igbo muonu!!
Igbo kachanu!!!

O ga-diri unu mma.

IGBO AMAKA
Igbo di egwu! Igbo by mmuo!
Re: Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by oshe11: 12:44pm On May 27, 2018
Afonja and IPOB

1 Like

Re: Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 27, 2018
https://www.ted.com/talks/robert_neuwirth_the_age_old_sharing_economies_of_africa_and_why_we_should_scale_them/discussion?utm_source=newsletter_daily&utm_campaign=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=button__2018-05-17#t-206965

In the above link an American journalist states that the Igbo trading apprenticeship system is the largest business incubator in the whole world.

Igbo Amaka! Ogini di! Igbo di indomitable! Nya fuotuba!

1 Like

Re: Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by TimFisher: 12:53pm On May 27, 2018
igbodefender:
E pain am well well. Oya repeat after me: Igbo Amaka. cool

Madness is looming....

I don't have anything to do with the chameleon

Bankesmalls said it all.
Re: Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by BankeSmalls(f): 12:56pm On May 27, 2018
igbodefender:
https://www.ted.com/talks/robert_neuwirth_the_age_old_sharing_economies_of_africa_and_why_we_should_scale_them/discussion?utm_source=newsletter_daily&utm_campaign=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=button__2018-05-17#t-206965

In the above link an American journalist states that the Igbo trading apprenticeship system is the largest business incubator in the whole world.

Igbo Amaka! Ogini di! Igbo di indomitable! Nya fuotuba!

Ya kpokuba, I know you are learning.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 27, 2018
igbodefender:

According to Chinese American professor, Amy Chua, ethnic groups that control national economies are bound to be hated. In a 2002 book she called World On Fire, she listed her fellow Chinese, Jews, Igbos and Lebanese as some market dominant groups in various parts of the world.In the book, which is available on Amazon, she disclosed that:

The Chinese Filipino community is 1% of the population but controls 60% of the economy, with the result being resentment by the majority against the Chinese minority creating an ethnic conflict. The ethnic Chinese are a market-dominant minority not just in the Philippines but throughout Southeast Asia.

In 1998, Chinese Indonesians, only three percent of the population, controlled roughly 70 percent of Indonesia’s private economy, including all of the country’s largest conglomerate. More recently, in Burma, entrepreneurial Chinese have literally taken over the economies of Mandalay and Rangoon. Lebanese are a market-dominant minority in West Africa. Ibo (or Igbo) are a market-dominant minority in Nigeria. Croats were a market-dominant minority in the former Yugoslavia. And Jews are almost certainly a market-dominant minority in post-Communist Russia.

Is she right? Is this why Igbos are hated by many (not all) in Nigeria? Many non-Igbo Nigerians, including President Muhammadu Buhari, have acknowledged the entrepreneurial acumen of the Igbos. So we agree with Chua’s listing of Igbos with Chinese, Lebanese and Jews as market dominant groups. (It’s the truth.)

We disagree however with Chua’s classification of Igbos as a minority, because in every state in Nigeria, the Igbos are the second most populous ethnic group after the indigenes. They also have a homeland (Ala Igbo) which encompasses the five South Eastern states and parts of the South South like Opobo, Bonny (Igwe Nga) and Port Harcourt (Igwe Ocha). In fact, every census has put Igbos among Nigeria’s top three most populous ethnic groups, despite the sad fact that 3 million of our kin died during the unjustly prosecuted Nigerian Civil War.So, is she right?

Read More Here: http://www.igbodefender.com/2017/06/19/why-igbos-are-hated-chinese-american-professor/#more-541

cc lzaa onyeoga shalomc pointzerom madridguy buhariguy sarrki odvanguard yorubaassasin itsmeaboki iceberg3 yarimo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 27, 2018
BankeSmalls:

Kpotuba as in nkpotu.
Re: Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 27, 2018
BankeSmalls:

Have you ever heard the statement, "O gini na-afio?" "What is happening?"
Re: Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by BankeSmalls(f): 1:14pm On May 27, 2018
igbodefender:

Have you ever heard the statement, "O gini na-afio?" "What is happening?"

O bu gini na afio?
O nni na avio?
O gini na ada?
O wu nni na akpotu?

You need to learn more Igbo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by Shalomc(f): 9:50am On May 28, 2018
immhotep:

cc lzaa onyeoga shalomc pointzerom madridguy buhariguy sarrki odvanguard yorubaassasin itsmeaboki iceberg3 yarimo
Hahaha madridguy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by LZAA: 9:56am On May 28, 2018
igbodefender:

OP hope this thread is not for u to drag APC politics into AlaIgbo grin grin
that being said Igbo Kwenu!!!!
Roger3D wee not like this
cc immhotep iceberg3 wereypey laudate buhariguy sarrki

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 28, 2018
Shalomc:

Hahaha madridguy
madridguy eyaff suffer for this stubborn guy hand. Bia immhotep, take ye time dia o grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 28, 2018
LZAA:

OP hope this thread is not for u to drag APC politics into AlaIgbo grin grin
that being said Igbo Kwenu!!!!
Roger3D wee not like this
cc immhotep iceberg3 wereypey laudate buhariguy sarrki
LZAA I diro serious grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by LZAA: 3:21pm On May 28, 2018
igbodefender:

LZAA I diro serious grin

Re: Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by madridguy(m): 4:44pm On May 28, 2018
I don tire for the guy matter. Mentioning me with over 5 moniker at a time. grin grin

igbodefender:

madridguy eyaff suffer for this stubborn guy hand. Bia tep, take ye time dia o grin
Re: Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 28, 2018
madridguy:
I don tire for the guy matter. Mentioning me with over 5 moniker at a time. grin grin

hahahaha

immhotep LZAA onyeoga grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by Turantula(m): 6:55pm On May 28, 2018
BankeSmalls:

ill be back. grin
Lol, to put it bluntly igbodefender is a gay treacherous AFONJA chameleon

1 Like

Re: Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by Adiola(f): 7:55pm On May 28, 2018
igbodefender a leopard can't change its spot ......scratch faced afonjq
Re: Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 28, 2018
Turantula:

Lol, to put it bluntly, Nna Tarantula is a gay treacherous AFONJA chameleon

See how you are describing your father
. grin
Re: Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 28, 2018
Adiola:
igbodefender a leopard can't change its spot ......scratch faced afonjq

And you didn't praise the Igbo nation. sad
You are what Igbo describe as ofeke. grin
Re: Let Us Praise The Igbo Nation Here by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 12, 2018
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has just won the 2018 PEN Pinter Prize. Congrats to her. Igbo Amaka.

Chimamanda is a very powerful woman and an example of our Igbo Amazons. Consider the fact that every 16 year old boy and girl has been given a copy of her essay, " We Should All Be Feminists".

(1) (Reply)

Newly Resumed Lawmaker, Abdulmumin Jibrin Does It Again [photos] / Kayode Fayemi In Ado Ekiti Today / Wike Declares Total Support For Atiku- Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.