Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,698 members, 7,820,434 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live (17365 Views)

Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic / Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar / Dstv, Startimes, Kwese TV All Not Showing The Community Shield (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by feedapet: 2:52pm On May 27, 2018
emmyid:
Nice development... I don't know why I love the owner of this Kwese sport alot.. I mean that Zimbabwe man, he is just too intelligent and smart.

I follow him on Facebook. Please do and you won't regret. His name Masiya or something.. Someone quote me with the right name.

Strive Masiyiwa

1 Like

Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by MabraO: 2:57pm On May 27, 2018
Who would want to watch the World Cup in these local stations with their local analysis
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by seniorkachion(m): 2:57pm On May 27, 2018
WhichKindWahala:
Does that mean NTA will show it?
Yes, including all state tv stations.
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by Xavier9ja(m): 2:57pm On May 27, 2018
emmyid:
Nice development... I don't know why I love the owner of this Kwese sport alot.. I mean that Zimbabwe man, he is just too intelligent and smart.

I follow him on Facebook. Please do and you won't regret. His name Masiya or something.. Someone quote me with the right name.
strive masiyiwa

1 Like

Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by Odunharry(m): 2:58pm On May 27, 2018
emmyid:

Strive masiyiwa

1 Like

Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by naptu2: 3:02pm On May 27, 2018
Proudlyngwa:
cool
I don't see anything new in this.
I would have been more interested if major telecom providers had signed an agreement for world cup streaming packages.
I watched the champions league online at a price of almost 500 naira.

Not everyone will have access to the terrestrial signals, but most people have access to fast Internet.

Free to air terrestrial TV is the most accessible TV platform in Nigeria. You don't need to pay a kobo to view it and you can view it without buying any special equipment.

In many places, you can view free to air terrestrial TV by simply attaching a clothes hanger and any electrical wire to your TV set. You can also view free to air terrestrial TV if you already have a satellite dish (you don't need any special equipment. All you need to do is search on your TV).

And remember, almost all the terrestrial radio and TV stations in Nigeria are members of BON (they've got more than 100 members and this includes the biggest networks in Nigeria).

Internet streaming is good, but this announcement is for people who prefer to watch the matches free of charge, without paying for data or pay TV subscription. It's also for those who might want to listen to commentaries on their car radios.

3 Likes

Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by Nkarchi: 3:02pm On May 27, 2018
Am really concerned about the premiership after the world cup. This dstv dominance and extortion really has to end

1 Like

Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by aalangel(f): 3:05pm On May 27, 2018
naptu2:

https://www.channelstv.com/2018/05/21/kwese-sports-bon-reach-agreement-to-broadcast-world-cup-live/

BON = NTA, AIT, Silverbird, all state TV stations, Radio Nigeria, Raypower, Channels TV, etc.

Pictures below:

1) CEO of Kwese Sports Nigeria, Mr Zakary Wasara

2) BON Chairman, Mr John Momoh

Belated News.
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by vicboy12: 3:11pm On May 27, 2018
Jsucre:

kwese is satellite decoder like dstv , kwese decoder with 90cm dish is #6000 only . free to air sport channels in inclusive
[color=#006600][/color]. Thanks
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by emmanuelpopson(m): 3:16pm On May 27, 2018
emmyid:

strive masiyiwa

1 Like

Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by doctokwus: 3:28pm On May 27, 2018
Watching football on Nigerian terrestrial television in 2018,is a crime.
You would end up hating the most beautiful game in the world .
Instead of watching at home on local TV,for people that don't have access to dstv,gotv or startimes,I advice you go to a viewing centre and enjoy high clarity broadcast that makes one experience the joy football brings and gives.

3 Likes

Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by vertueptime: 3:38pm On May 27, 2018
Proudlyngwa:
cool
I would have been more interested if major telecom providers had signed an agreement for world cup streaming packages.

Not everyone will have access to the terrestrial signals, but most people have access to fast Internet.

Access to fast internet, let me laugh kikikikikikiki
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by Hotfreeze: 3:39pm On May 27, 2018
emmyid:

He's also a man of integrity. Econet exited Nigeria due to enormous bribes demanded by certain Nigerian officials.

The criminal telecoms company who took advantage of this corruption still paid 500M bribe last 2 years for reduction of their fine by the regulators.

1 Like

Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by mkoabiola: 3:44pm On May 27, 2018
Hwany ppu owns kwese TV in dier respective homes

Dier monthly sub is expensive
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by Stanlyag(m): 3:54pm On May 27, 2018
Problem will be the shit commentary that comes with any Nigerian televised match and also the 1980 picture quality. Reasons why I go for dstv no matter the cost.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by naptu2: 4:01pm On May 27, 2018
For information purposes.

1) You don't need to have the Kwese decoder to watch the matches. Terrestrial stations like NTA and AIT will re-broadcast Kwese's signal.

2) The commentators and analysts for the TV broadcasts will be from Kwese Sports, just as it was during the Confederations Cup last year.

3) The matches might be streamed live online on the Kwese app.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by samsam2019: 4:21pm On May 27, 2018
HeyCorleone:
How many Nigerians actually have light to watch these matches?

A good number of people would spend their earnings on fuel just to watch matches this coming month.

Funny how we made jest of Ghana for not qualifying for the World Cup, but a good number of Ghanaians would watch the match hassle free.

Not like Nigeria would progress past group stage.
shey o ya weyrey?
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by samsam2019: 4:22pm On May 27, 2018
vicboy12:
Which one is kwese sport again, am serious am hearing that name for the first time
stop living under a rock
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by samsam2019: 4:23pm On May 27, 2018
hamid6249:
where is our TS TV.l?
e don enter voicemail
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by Dareal90s(m): 4:24pm On May 27, 2018
hamid6249:
where is our TS TV.l?
Now in Biafra
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by sewa36447(m): 4:36pm On May 27, 2018
Download StarTimes App, you can watch all their 64 Matches Live on their App.
For more details, login to www.startimestv.com.ng

Proudlyngwa:
cool

Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by sewa36447(m): 4:38pm On May 27, 2018
The Match will be stream live on StarTimes App.
Huur and Download it. Don't Miss the kick.
naptu2:
For information purposes.

1) You don't need to have the Kwese decoder to watch the matches. Terrestrial stations like NTA and AIT will re-broadcast Kwese's signal.

2) The commentators and analysts for the TV broadcasts will be from Kwese Sports, just as it was during the Confederations Cup last year.

3) The matches might be streamed live online on the Kwese app.
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by Ademat7(m): 4:44pm On May 27, 2018
emmyid:

Dr. Strive Masiyiwa
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:01pm On May 27, 2018
naptu2:

Free to air terrestrial TV is the most accessible TV platform in Nigeria. You don't need to pay a kobo to view it and you can view it without buying any special equipment.

In many places, you can view free to air terrestrial TV by simply attaching a clothes hanger and any electrical wire to your TV set. You can also view free to air terrestrial TV if you already have a satellite dish (you don't need any special equipment. All you need to do is search on your TV).

And remember, almost all the terrestrial radio and TV stations in Nigeria are members of BON (they've got more than 100 members and this includes the biggest networks in Nigeria).

Internet streaming is good, but this announcement is for people who prefer to watch the matches free of charge, without paying for data or pay TV subscription. It's also for those who might want to listen to commentaries on their car radios.

Unfortunately in a lot of places even with the best of boosters, terrestrial signals is limited.
A lot of colleagues depend on my mifi to watch Premiership matches and they will also be depending on it for the world cup matches.
I believe I speak for a lot of field workers, students and people wlo live far from the urban center.

If there was a package like the YouTube package we can subscribe to, it will help a lot of us

1 Like

Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by nky039: 5:02pm On May 27, 2018
WHY ONLY ON RADIO IN OTHER STATES
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:03pm On May 27, 2018
sewa36447:
Download StarTimes App, you can watch all their 64 Matches Live on their App.
For more details, login to www.startimestv.com.ng

Downloading the star time app, we are still going to use our regular data.
If startimes can do a collaboration with MTN for a special data package, it will be of help to us
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 27, 2018
emmyid:

Strive Masiyiwa
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:10pm On May 27, 2018
vertueptime:

Access to fast internet, let me laugh kikikikikikiki

My Internet speed reaches 1.2mbps during certain downloads and is usually around 622kbps when viewing HD matches you need around 305kbps for SD matches.

I rarely observe skipping during those matches, so I don't know what other fast Internet you are talking about.

nb
I watched 70percent of European matches online this season in over 3 southern States and 8 different locations

1 Like

Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by abogjohn(m): 5:24pm On May 27, 2018
This is how to go about it, not those useless TSTV that want to broadcast Epl, champ league without due process

1 Like

Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by rapthugx(m): 5:24pm On May 27, 2018
Daniel058:
Out of the 3 major ethnic group in Nigeria, they only chose to broadcast using Hausa, WHY ?

Kwese has an agreement with AIM group owners of Nigeria info, Cool fm, Wazobia fm (pidgin english station) and Arewa fm (which broadcast in hausa language).

They (aim group now) will run live commentary on their platforms in English, pidgin English and hausa languages respectively.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by kayphyzee(m): 5:29pm On May 27, 2018
emmyid:

I follow him on Facebook. Please do and you won't regret. His name Masiya or something.. Someone quote me wmith the right name.

Strive Masiyiwa
Re: Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live by rapthugx(m): 5:35pm On May 27, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

My Internet speed reaches 1.2mbps during certain downloads and is usually around 622kbps when viewing HD matches you need around 305kbps for SD matches.

I rarely observe skipping during those matches, so I don't know what other fast Internet you are talking about.

nb
I watched 70percent of European matches online this season in over 3 southern States and 8 different locations

On an average how much data (in mb and naira) do you spend watching one match?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tennis Is Interesting Again! / Amara Kanu And Her “Healthy Living With Amarakanu" (Photos) / Super Falcons Striker, Desire Oparanozie Is Now A Coca-Cola Brand Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.