Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,776 members, 7,862,561 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:37 PM

Liverpool Goalkeeper Loris Karius Breaks Silence On Champions League Final Night - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool Goalkeeper Loris Karius Breaks Silence On Champions League Final Night (380 Views)

World Cup: The Moment Argentina Goalkeeper, Caballero Did A Karius / I Can’t Sleep – Liverpool Goalkeeper Karius / Loris Karius Sobs Uncontrollably, Apologises To Liverpool Fans (photos/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool Goalkeeper Loris Karius Breaks Silence On Champions League Final Night by Gisthoodng(m): 1:28pm On May 27, 2018
Loris Karius has broken his silence after his blunders in the Champions League final cost his team the trophy.

The German gave Real Madrid two easy goals in kyiv, including Karim Benzema's opener when he threw the ball which touched Benzema's boot and went all the way into the net.

The decisive third from Gareth Bale in the final minutes saw Karius critically misjudge the flight of Bale’s swerving long-range shot, making it 3-1 with little time to go.

And Loris Karius believes he is to blame for the Ted's inability to end their six-year wait for silverware in Ukraine.

Speaking To talkSport after the match Karius said:

"I don't feel anything right now.

“Today I lost my team the game and I feel sorry for everyone.

"I'm sorry for everyone - from the team, from the whole club - that the mistakes cost dearly.

"If I could go back in time, I would. I feel sorry for my team. I know I let them down today.

"It's very hard right now but that's the life of a goalkeeper. You have to get your head up again.

"These goals cost us the title, basically."

Karius further admitted that the after-effects of the defeat will linger for some time yet.

He added: “There's not much I had to say.

"Of course everyone tried to cheer me up- but there was just silence everywhere because everyone was really disappointed.

"It will take us a bit to get over that."

And the 24-year-old has also explained the mistake which let to Gareth Bale's second goal:

"It moved around a lot.

"I tried to catch it, maybe I should have done it safer and just put it out of play instead of trying to catch it.

"I judged it wrong and it went in."

Source: http://www.sportdab.com.ng/2018/05/sad-liverpool-star-loris-karius-breaks.html

cc: lalasticlala

Re: Liverpool Goalkeeper Loris Karius Breaks Silence On Champions League Final Night by OfficialAwol(m): 1:36pm On May 27, 2018
He was good through qualifiers only to commit blunders when his expertise was needed best.

Dude should be arrested for match fixing.

It's my birthday today. I wouldn't mind getting some love.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Olukoya Boys: Anointed MFM Fc Jessy. / West Ham Ace Marko Arnautovic Speaks On Man United Links / BRING IT ON! Messi Overtakes Ronaldo As Highest Paid Footballer In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.