Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG (15167 Views)

Anti-Party: Enugu APC suspends Nnamani, Onyeama, expels Chime, VON DG, others / States That Will Give Popular Political Parties 1m Votes And Above / Atiku: All That Glitters Not Gold – VON DG Cautions Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by kahal29: 3:17am On May 28, 2018
Moghalu4Pres:
He won't get five.

Which SE person will vote Buhari? Does he know them?

Enyi mu Biko speak for yourself bicos I and my entire family from south east will vote for Buhari. Who knows Moghalu? A man who went to CBN to eat alone without remembering that one day he will be seeking our votes. How many South East people did he give jobs in CBN?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by kikake: 3:49am On May 28, 2018
Nwaforj44:
The Director General of Voice of Nigeria (VON), Mr. Osita Okechukwu, on Sunday in Enugu declared that unlike the 2015 election, President Muhammadu Buhari will garner over a million votes from the South-east in the 2019 elections.

Okechukwu, who is a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), said the South-east will serve as a shoreline of the president and by extension the APC in the 2019 presidential election.

The VON DG, who spoke to journalists at his hometown, Eke, Udi Local Government area of Enugu State during the flag-off of the town’s annual ‘Igwa Nshi’ cultural festival, said Ndigbo were no longer ready to repeat the mistakes of the past.

According to Okechukwu, President Buhari and by extension APC would get more than one million votes in the South-east to balance whichever tendency they would miss in the North and the South-west in the 2019 electoral vote distributive curve.

He spoke against the backdrop of the parallel APC congresses held in different states and the threat posed by the nPDP group in the ruling party.

Asked how the APC and by extension President Muhammadu will survive the parallel congresses across the country and the threat of nPDP, Okechukwu said that the “South-east is the shoreline of Mr President and by extension the APC”.

“My happiness is that the South-east come 2019 will be the shoreline of our dear president and by extension our great party, the APC. Buhari will get more than a million votes in the South-east. The so called parallel congress members under close scrutiny are not truly APC people. To be exact, the mainstream APC in the South-east will balance whichever tendency we miss in the North and South-west in the electoral vote distributive curve of 2019 presidential election. Be it the nPDP or ADC.

“We got less than 200,000 in the South-east in 2015, but with rapid infrastructural development going on in the South-east, we will leverage for Ndigbo are not ingrates. We will cover the missing gap envisaged from the South-west and nPDP in the North.

“Don’t forget that those who enlarged the APC South-east mainstream today were loyalists of Owelle Rochas Okorocha. Today they are in league with President Buhari, they are passionate to re-elect him. I’m excited with the rate their campaign for Mr. President is going and the response of the electorate” Okechukwu said.

Asked why he is in the East most of the time, Okechukwu said: “Yes, I have acquired modern ICT platform, new office and concluding arrangement for staff housing and solar energy for Voice of Nigeria; now I’m in the East to revive the indelible legacy of North-east alliance bequeathed to us by the great Zik of Africa. Zik was Nigeria’s persona dictum and unparalleled nationalist. He built the North-east alliance and as his acolytes we are consolidating it as Pan-Nigerians.”

On how Buhari would garner over a million votes with the crises here and there and in APC, Okechukwu described ‘Buhari’s Roads, Rails, Agriculture and Power (RRAP) Projects’ as the development resurgimento, which would reinforce the private sector and attract more Foreign Direct Investment.

According to him, when you have 5,000 kilometres of federal roads, 5,000 kilometres standard gauge rail lines and 5,000 additional megawatts and self sufficiency in food production in the next five years, there would be peace, progress and prosperity.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/05/buhari-will-get-over-1m-votes-in-seast.html

Only the Yoruba has the key to Buhari's re-election.

Buhari needs to win 25% votes in 24 states to be declared winner.

He can get 25% votes in each of the 19 northern states unjustly proliferated in the former one northern region.

He then needs to get 25% of votes in 5 southern states.

It's only in the SW states that Buhari can hope of getting 25% of votes in 5 SW states.
Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by yazach: 3:59am On May 28, 2018
Maybe you guys doesn't get him well, he said southeast not Biafra nor FSKE JEWS nor ARTIFICIAL ISRAELITES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by yazach: 4:02am On May 28, 2018
Moghalu4Pres:
He won't get five.

Or he thinks they have forgotten how he shot 300 in Onitsha and Aba?

The people are gathering to vote their own, Kingsley Moghalu (former CBN Deputy Gov and UN official). Moghalu has been organising town hall meetings all across the SE to secure his base first. He's holding one in Owerri on Tuesday.

Buhari lost in 2003, 2007 and 2011 for a reason. No one really loves him all across Nigeria. They just decided to try him this last time around bc of GEJ's nonchalance.

Against any popularly accepted person he won't stand a chance.

Even his people have been rejecting him one by one: first in Kano, now in Niger.

The whole Nigeria has always rejected him. It's the anti-corruption noise they decided to try.

All people are waiting for is which of the outsiders will emerge popular at last. Once Nigerians decide on who's the alternative Buhari don lost. That is why people like Kingsley Moghalu are spreading their message to all who have still not heard about them: "The job is for technocrats." "2019 is zoned to competence."

This Osita's speech is a typical payroll speech. The mouth that's feeding talks muiom, muiom, muiom.

As for me, YPP is the party. Kingsley Moghalu, former CBN Deputy Gov and UN official for President. As he rightly said: "2019 is zoned to competence." That's the rule. #Moghalu4President

Maybe you guys doesn't get him well, he said southeast not Biafra nor FSKE JEWS nor ARTIFICIAL ISRAELITES

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by Empathydphilo(m): 4:26am On May 28, 2018
In this world or in the next ?...
I don't see that happening
Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by SoNature(m): 4:35am On May 28, 2018
iguita:
I wonder when our public officials will understand that their allegiance is to the people, to the state and not to some head of state. No more professionalism again. Is VON not an agency of state? A media agency at that. Why should they be involved in polities? EFCC chairman too will wear 'vote buhari' pins on national TV, same as customs boss. Very soon, Info minister will start his own just like comms minister.

Are u new in Nigeria? There was never professionalism before

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by Edu3Again: 4:40am On May 28, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

My abokki friend grin
Long time
How is sambisa today
Is network now steady cheesy
Bros u mean
Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by chysam: 4:42am On May 28, 2018
Moghalu4Pres:
He won't get five.

Or he thinks they have forgotten how he shot 300 in Onitsha and Aba?

The people are gathering to vote their own, Kingsley Moghalu (former CBN Deputy Gov and UN official). Moghalu has been organising town hall meetings all across the SE to secure his base first. He's holding one in Owerri on Tuesday.

Abeg your codeine don finish?,give me small,I wan use am help somebody like you in my neighbourhood.

Buhari lost in 2003, 2007 and 2011 for a reason. No one really loves him all across Nigeria. They just decided to try him this last time around bc of GEJ's nonchalance.

Against any popularly accepted person he won't stand a chance.

Even his people have been rejecting him one by one: first in Kano, now in Niger.

The whole Nigeria has always rejected him. It's the anti-corruption noise they decided to try.

All people are waiting for is which of the outsiders will emerge popular at last. Once Nigerians decide on who's the alternative Buhari don lost. That is why people like Kingsley Moghalu are spreading their message to all who have still not heard about them: "The job is for technocrats." "2019 is zoned to competence."

This Osita's speech is a typical payroll speech. The mouth that's feeding talks muiom, muiom, muiom.

As for me, YPP is the party. Kingsley Moghalu, former CBN Deputy Gov and UN official for President. As he rightly said: "2019 is zoned to competence." That's the rule. #Moghalu4President
Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by SoNature(m): 4:42am On May 28, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

Omaar12 that doesn't sound Igbo. No Igbo man will up a name of a terrorist. Fvck you and your Igbo presidency 2023. We will never sacrifice sanctity of lives on the altar of one devilish post. Another 4 years of Buhari's reign will be an apocrypha. God forbid!

Some of you will drink sniper when Buhari is declared the winner.

I keep wondering how you intend to dislodge a sitting president who controls all of Nigeria’s resources and security operatives, and appointed the election umpire.

Or you think it's Jonathan in power?

The truth is that Buhari doesn't even need votes from SE and SS to retain his position like he did in 2015.

Be open-minded about Nigeria’s election because it's a ruthless ex-general in power not a bloody civilian like Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by israelmao(m): 4:48am On May 28, 2018
GavelSlam:
Of course he will.

The love the SE have for Osinbajo by extension Buhari would guarantee a high fraction of votes in 2019.

When tiger and dog are playing together every discerning heart knows what will be the end of that play?
Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by jossy4joseph(m): 5:38am On May 28, 2018
Oga be deceiving yourself and your pay master
Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by kanosalami: 6:12am On May 28, 2018
dareyyyy:
What's this one saying?
Trying to keep his job I guess.
Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by benjaminonu0(m): 6:47am On May 28, 2018
otokx:
That is how they said Losserpool will win champions league.
These people have started planning how to rig the election
Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by Mruwa1(m): 6:50am On May 28, 2018
u dey call result before 2019 na wah for u oga at the top
Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by gratiaeo(m): 6:55am On May 28, 2018
GavelSlam:

You guys said more than this during the Anambra polls.

The Ariaria Market video shows how loved Osinbajo is.

The YouTube video of roads constructed in the east by this government and the kudos they've been getting tells me they've swung some opinion in their support.

Lastly, the opposition can't find s candidate that is worthy of support.
Buhari wins hands down.
Don't forget Anambra election was anambra vs Anambra man

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by tiger28: 6:58am On May 28, 2018
We aren't worried! We dont need their vote, it won't make ANY difference at all. We will win without SE and SS just like the last election. I am boldly saying this because I realized that NOTHING.... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING can change the hearts of Africa's greatest children of hate!
Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by Nobody: 7:06am On May 28, 2018
Nwaforj44:
The Director General of Voice of Nigeria (VON), Mr. Osita Okechukwu, on Sunday in Enugu declared that unlike the 2015 election, President Muhammadu Buhari will garner over a million votes from the South-east in the 2019 elections.

Okechukwu, who is a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), said the South-east will serve as a shoreline of the president and by extension the APC in the 2019 presidential election.

The VON DG, who spoke to journalists at his hometown, Eke, Udi Local Government area of Enugu State during the flag-off of the town’s annual ‘Igwa Nshi’ cultural festival, said Ndigbo were no longer ready to repeat the mistakes of the past.

According to Okechukwu, President Buhari and by extension APC would get more than one million votes in the South-east to balance whichever tendency they would miss in the North and the South-west in the 2019 electoral vote distributive curve.

He spoke against the backdrop of the parallel APC congresses held in different states and the threat posed by the nPDP group in the ruling party.

Asked how the APC and by extension President Muhammadu will survive the parallel congresses across the country and the threat of nPDP, Okechukwu said that the “South-east is the shoreline of Mr President and by extension the APC”.

“My happiness is that the South-east come 2019 will be the shoreline of our dear president and by extension our great party, the APC. Buhari will get more than a million votes in the South-east. The so called parallel congress members under close scrutiny are not truly APC people. To be exact, the mainstream APC in the South-east will balance whichever tendency we miss in the North and South-west in the electoral vote distributive curve of 2019 presidential election. Be it the nPDP or ADC.

“We got less than 200,000 in the South-east in 2015, but with rapid infrastructural development going on in the South-east, we will leverage for Ndigbo are not ingrates. We will cover the missing gap envisaged from the South-west and nPDP in the North.

“Don’t forget that those who enlarged the APC South-east mainstream today were loyalists of Owelle Rochas Okorocha. Today they are in league with President Buhari, they are passionate to re-elect him. I’m excited with the rate their campaign for Mr. President is going and the response of the electorate” Okechukwu said.

Asked why he is in the East most of the time, Okechukwu said: “Yes, I have acquired modern ICT platform, new office and concluding arrangement for staff housing and solar energy for Voice of Nigeria; now I’m in the East to revive the indelible legacy of North-east alliance bequeathed to us by the great Zik of Africa. Zik was Nigeria’s persona dictum and unparalleled nationalist. He built the North-east alliance and as his acolytes we are consolidating it as Pan-Nigerians.”

On how Buhari would garner over a million votes with the crises here and there and in APC, Okechukwu described ‘Buhari’s Roads, Rails, Agriculture and Power (RRAP) Projects’ as the development resurgimento, which would reinforce the private sector and attract more Foreign Direct Investment.

According to him, when you have 5,000 kilometres of federal roads, 5,000 kilometres standard gauge rail lines and 5,000 additional megawatts and self sufficiency in food production in the next five years, there would be peace, progress and prosperity.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/05/buhari-will-get-over-1m-votes-in-seast.html

It seems that this is the latest Awusa-Fulani in town.
Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by Nobody: 7:14am On May 28, 2018
AnanseK:

SE doesn’t matter, you can hold back the 5% you gave last time. Buhari will still get enough votes from reasonable Nigerians. PMB till 2023!

Buhari and APC has been begging SE people for votes by promising them 2023 presidency; Dgrin. Una sense never rebooth finish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by buchilino(m): 7:23am On May 28, 2018
Sarkin:

Sambisa dey chilled bro... When you and your likes dey come for field trip?
I'm Afonja btw, PROUDLY.
NO WONDER U BLAB SO MUCH.
Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by Nobody: 7:29am On May 28, 2018
igbodefender:
Buhari is the shortest road to Igbo Presidency in 2023.
ah sariki, Ur still selling dis animal dung grin.
Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by Nobody: 7:30am On May 28, 2018
omaar12:
my brother I don't like buhari one bit but am compelled to vote for him, I and my entire household but come governorship it PDP all the way. buhari is the shortest route to Igbo Presidency or best still biafra.

Sariki 2, Keep selling it....Maybe some Muslim fools may buy it, Not us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by isah80: 7:31am On May 28, 2018
GavelSlam:

The YouTube video of roads constructed in the east by this government and the kudos they've been getting tells me they've swung some opinion in their support.

Buhari wins hands down.

I like the statement ' The YouTube video of roads constructed in the east by this government and the kudos they've been getting tells me they've swung some opinion in their support.

This is where we get it wrong.

Roads are not built on YouTube.

Thank you.
Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by HillsBlaze(m): 7:47am On May 28, 2018
igbodefender:

You are One Who Has Seen Tomorrow, A Noah of Our Times. 2023 is a special year as far as Ndigbo are concerned.

Of what use has he (Buhari) been to his neighbors sef, Igbo presidency is always used to deceive us. Is it when APC has pple like Okorocha. Look I don't care where my president comes from, all I want to know is that he/she is sane, and has the capability of being a good and effective leader.

Politics of ethnicity should be done with in this country, look at how many presidents the north has produced but their people are still poorer than citizens of war ravaged South Sudan.
As for Buhari, he's still loosing by a large margin and this time around it will be 99 vs 2%.
Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by Lionelsweet(m): 8:09am On May 28, 2018
oya nah come igbo we pin 4 ama "u na go believe " *Jibrim*.
Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by GavelSlam: 8:13am On May 28, 2018
isah80:

I like the statement ' The YouTube video of roads constructed in the east by this government and the kudos they've been getting tells me they've swung some opinion in their support.

This is where we get it wrong.

Roads are not built on YouTube.

Thank you.

The videos are evidence of government's intervention and progress.

The people giving feedback are from the locality where these interventions were made and they were all positive.

You cannot tell me the roads that were shown were not built.
Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by precious1967(m): 8:22am On May 28, 2018
Let ds man bring his family out to vote PMB ll lose in south east
Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by IKennaGabriel(m): 8:29am On May 28, 2018
oga u are on ur own. Talk for urself
Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by SouthEastFacts: 9:52am On May 28, 2018
SoNature:

Some of you will drink sniper when Buhari is declared the winner.

I keep wondering how you intend to dislodge a sitting president who controls all of Nigeria’s resources and security operatives, and appointed the election umpire.

Or you think it's Jonathan in power?

The truth is that Buhari doesn't even need votes from SE and SS to retain his position like he did in 2015.

Be open-minded about Nigeria’s election because it's a ruthless ex-general in power not a bloody civilian like Jonathan
What will await him if he fails to transit power will be overwhelming.

We dare you people to rig the electionm

Ex-General my foot.

If we could force a 4-star General (IBB) to relinquish power and another 3 4-star Generals (OBJ, Abacha and Abdulsalami) to initiate transition to democratic process, then who is a retired Major General (3 Stars)?

Can he fight Danjuma, IBB, Obasanjo and the collective wills of Nigerians and the blood of those murdered gruesomely in Middlebelt, SE and SS?

Can he defeat the purpose of heaven?

February is just a stone throw away.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by IgedeBushBoy(m): 10:17am On May 28, 2018
Definitely! With Jonathan in power they got close to 200,000 so why not?
Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by Elapet: 11:06am On May 28, 2018
web app
Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by Turantula(m): 11:26am On May 28, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

SE got no love for supporters of terrorists...
Absolutely
Re: Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG by PureMe01: 11:30am On May 28, 2018
GavelSlam:

Buhari wins hands down.
I will remind u after 2019 elections.no need for noise making

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rumble In The Delta? I Didn’t Nominate Peter Obi, Says Wike / Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi Named 2019 "Governor Of The Year" / Police Arraign 25-year-old For Taking Picture With Blackberry Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.