Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,428 members, 7,954,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:39 AM

Molested - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Molested (787 Views)

I Was Molested At 17- Chimamanda Adichie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Molested by hamzaduke(m): 12:29am On May 28, 2018
hapter 1
The breeze blew calmly past the leaves of the almond tree, the ripe yellow almonds stared at Lisa, as she stared back, "how i wish I had that one in my mouth." She thought to herself.
"Lisa!!, Lisa!!!, what are you doing?"
Lisa turned to see two big red eyes gawking at her face, almost exactly how she stared at the almonds. You could see anger on the face those eyes were placed.
"Sor-sorry Sir, I was just thinking about something." She replied.
"Thinking?, about what?, at your age?..okay answer the question on the board." Mr Chambers requested.
Lisa got up and as she was rendering her answer she could see the anger on Mr Chambers' face gradually transforming into a smile.
"Sit down, you this show off, don't let me catch you looking out there again."
"Okay Sir." She answered with a smirk on her face.
Lisa had always wanted to be like her Uncle Mike, he was rich, married and was a successful engineer, but who wouldn't want that?. He was her main inspiration, when it came to her academics.
Lisa finally got home after the long walk from her school. She entered the house and dropped her bag on the floor.
"That is how you'll be doing in your own house right?" Mr Dickson said as he pulled down his glasses to look at Lisa.
"Good afternoon Mum…and Dad." Lisa greeted.
"Afternoon dear, I'm sure you're hungry, go to the kitchen your brothers are there they'll dish your food for you."
"Okay Mum." She replied as she gave her father a cheeky look, just before picking up her bag and strutted down to the kitchen.
"No leave it there for me." Mr Dickson said as he put his glass on to continue reading.
Mr Dickson liked to read a lot, like most lawyers do, but if Mr Dickson was a lawyer why would they live in a two bedroom flat?, he was one of those lawyers who aren't too successful, if only he knew.
"Mummy, bye bye o," Lisa shouted
"Byeee dear." She answered as she turned to spruce up her husband's tie,
"Don't drop her halfway again o, you know what happens to young girls these days."
"You sef, you can worryyy, is she not a big girl?" He replied as he gently grabbed her hand.
"Big girl?, big girl at eleven?, big girl in Jss3?" She responded with a light frown on her face.
"Sorry oh, mma, I'll drop her off at schoo.."
"Daaad!!!, I'll be late o." Lisa interrupted loudly.
"That girl ehnn, let me go and drop her." He said before giving his wife a kiss.
Hours later, back home, Mrs Dickson and her two sons(James and Isaac) were talking at the dining. Isaac is the second born, though not as intelligent as Lisa, he's quite intelligent, a final year Business management student, I guess in his case, his Mother was his inspiration. James on the other hand, is the first born, he graduated 5 years ago from University of Calabar, with a lower third class in Law, so he'd probably live with his parents till they died.
"Why isn't Dad and Lisa back yet?" Isaac asked.
"Your father was supposed to pick her up from school today, I wonder where they are?" Mrs Dickson replied with a concerned look on her face.
"They'll soon be back, me I know." James added.
"Tum tum!!!." A loud knock hit the door.
"Who's that!!!" Mrs Dickson shouted back following the loud bang on the door. She walked up to the door and opened it.
"Good day MA." It was a policeman.
In surprise Mrs Dickson replied, "good day."
"Are you Mr Dickson's wife?" He asked.
"Yes." She responded sharply.
"I'm sorry MA, but I have really bad news." The policeman said as he took off his cap.
"Bad news..what happened?" She responded, by this time her heart was racing as fast the thoughts flying through her mind.
"There was an accident, a fatal one MA." He answered.
"No no no, this must be a mistake." She said, now with a frown.
"I wish it was Ma, but I saw a business card in the pocket of the victim and it had his name and his address.."
"Stop there, stop there!!!" Mrs Dickson shouted, as tears rolled down her eyes.
"I'm very sorry MA." He beckoned.
"Wa-was my daughter there?" She asked with her hands on her head.
"Well there was someone in the car, a lady but she barely survived, she said they were dating." The policeman answered before he realised he just added salt in a person's wound.
"Oooooooh." Mrs Dickson wailed. "He was having an affair." She added, this time in a very low tone.
Both her sons ran out to see what was wrong, to meet their mother crying really hard.
"Mummy what's wrong?" Isaac asked as he held his mother's hand.
"Mummy what happened na?" James added.
"Mom, tell us what's wrong?" Isaac asked again.
"What did you do to my mother!!" James shouted at the policeman.
"Calm down bro." Isaac restrained him.
Before anyone could blink Mrs Dickson was on the ground, lying lifeless.
"What's wrong with her!!?" James cried out, as he bent down to examine her body.
"Hurry!!, lift her to my car." The policeman shouted.
They finally got to the hospital, "emergency, emergency!!!" The policeman shouted. Isaac and James wept profusely in the car as the policeman told them everything. They couldn't do anything but stare at their mother as they nurses rushed her into the hospital.
"Don't worry bro, it'll be alright." Isaac said to his brother.
"Don't worry!!, don't worry!!?..what do we tell Lisa?…ehnn!!? James shouted back, tears dripped down his chin, his shirt was soaked with sweat. Isaac quietly backed down and sat on the waiting chair.
Meanwhile, Lisa was still at school, waiting for her father. "I'll go abeg." She said to herself, "I knew he wouldn't come." She added, just before storming out of the school. If only she knew why her father was late, if only she knew that her father was late, if only she knew that this was the day her life would change forever.

Comments will be very much appreciated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Molested by hamzaduke(m): 12:30am On May 28, 2018
Should I keep going?
Re: Molested by Ossaifamous(m): 2:06am On May 28, 2018
Now following

1 Like

Re: Molested by hamzaduke(m): 2:21am On May 28, 2018
Thanks
Ossaifamous:
Now following
Re: Molested by newtral01(f): 7:59pm On May 28, 2018
Yes Pls ride on

1 Like

Re: Molested by emperorblog(m): 8:09pm On May 28, 2018
READ MORE COOL AND INTERESTING STORY ON www.emperorblog.com.ng

1 Like

Re: Molested by hamzaduke(m): 11:36pm On May 28, 2018
The brothers just sat demurely, as thoughts streamed through their minds. Tears ran down their eyes. They barely noticed when the doctor walked up to them.
"How's our mother?" Isaac asked the doctor.
"I'm sorry, but your mother is in critical condition," The doctor replied.
"You are sorry!!, sorry!!!?, our father is dead and you're telling me that my mother is going to die!!!" James shouted, as he grabbed the doctor's collar shaking him vigorously, at this point the doctor knew he was in trouble, the fiery look in James eyes was clearly not a farce.
"Ca-calm down sir, your mother is not going to die, she's just in a coma," The doctor responded in a very shaky voice.
"Coma?, coma!!?" Isaac cried out, as he fell to his knees.
"Yes, for some reason your mother suffered Hypoxia, which caused her to slip into a coma."
James took his hands off the doctor and quietly sat down.
"This is not the end, she's not dead, it's rare to see people stay in a coma past a month," The doctor assured them.
"Where's my mom?" James asked, this time surprisingly calm.
"Follow me," The doctor responded.
The door was opened and there she was, their beloved mother, laying lifelessly on the hospital bed, computers beeping, wires here and there.
"Mum it's me Isaac, we're here to see you," he said as he held his mother's hand.
"Can she even hear you?" James asked as he wiped the tears from his eyes.
"I read that they can understand people, even in this state," Isaac responded.
"All those lies," James said as he tried to bring the chair closer to his mother's bed.
"Mum, I'm here too, Isaac says you can hear me," he said to his mum as he turned to look at Isaac, this made Isaac smile for the first time since the incident, but James face was still as stiff as baked brick.
By now Lisa was back, she opened the gate and walked in, it seemed like nobody was in, she proceeded to walk up to the door, she quietly placed her hand on the door knob, by this time she was wondering if no one was home, the door squeaked but wouldn't ajar, she tried again, then she knocked, again and again, it was quite clear that nobody was in. Few minutes later she remembered were the key was normally hidden, she lifted the carpet which had a big "welcome" inscribed on it, the key was there, she breathed a sigh of relieve. She opened the door and walked in, with a heavy sigh she dropped her bag on the ground, almost expecting to hear the normal "That's how you'll be doing in your own house abi?" question her dad would always ask, She turned to look at his favorite reading chair, "I wonder where they are, so they went out without me," She mumbled.
"It's him, it's our Dad," Isaac confirmed.
"Okay, I'll leave you two alone," the morgue attendant responded before leaving.
James was quiet the whole time, he just kept crying silently.
"Dad why?, why would you just leave us like this, what do we do now?" Isaac cried as he touched his father's pale, cold body, tears rolled down his face and dropped on his father's. Suddenly James walked out, for some reason he couldn't bring himself to see his father laying without life. Isaac followed shortly after.
The boys finally got home. It was already dark, about 7 o'clock. They walked up to the door, Isaac turned the knob and the door opened.
"Lisa is back, the door is open," James said, "do we tell her?" He added.
"Nooo, no, we don't, at least not yet," Isaac answered.
"Why?" James asked again.
"She's still writing her exams, let's wait till after then," Isaac answered.
"So for your mind, she won't notice that her parents are not around?" James asked with a smile on his face, his first smile since the incident.
"We'll just tell her we went to drop them off at the airport," Isaac responded.
"Well-i guess that'll work."
About a fortnight later, the truth was revealed to Lisa and after days of crying, she would just sit sedated on her late Father's favorite reading chair, this worried her brothers a lot, they would constantly try to comfort her and make her lively, but she would always slip back into her moody self. James had taken over his mother's business, to pay the hospital bills, for every night she spent there, he would be billed at least 2000 naira, so their mother had basically rented a room in the hospital.
Lisa's school had closed for the term and Isaac was still writing his final exams. So James had better raise money for Lisa's school fees. James struggled to keep the business going, but Isaac came to the rescue, he was going to be a graduate in business management in about a week, so he probably knew everything about managing a business, together they kept it going, Isaac the brain and James the hands.
Lisa's school had finally resumed, this time, the second term holiday was very short, about a week or so. Everyone had heard what happened to Lisa, everyone felt pity for the poor girl, but did anyone really care?, it's just another girl who lost her father, right?. Her grades were still as high as always, she was as strong as she was beautiful, so by this time she was already recovering from the traumatic experience.
Lisa was back from school, she was conversing with James in the sitting-room.
"So when are you guys starting your Junior waec?" James asked.
"Next month and I've not even paid school fees," Lisa answered.
"Before then I'd have already raised the money, I was-what's that smell?"
"Oooh, my rice was on the fire!!!," Lisa shouted as she ran to the kitchen.
Moments later they were at the dining-room, eating.
"This your own jollof rice sef, na war o," James said in a sarcastic manner.
"Why didn't you cook it then?" Lisa asked with a fake frown on her face.
"I was tired, i would ha.."
"Tum tum!!" James was interrupted by the loud knock on the door.
"Come in!!" Lisa shouted.
The door squeaked open. It was Isaac's short, black friend, Okon. He was sweating profusely, you would think he was running a marathon.
"What's wrong?" James asked as he cleaned the oil from the food on his mouth.
Trying to catch his breath Okon answered, "There was shooting in school, cultist."
"Ah-ah, where's Isaac then?" Lisa asked as she got up.
"We were running together, but then he disappeared into the crowd," Okon replied still trying to catch his breath.
"Come let's go look for him!!" James shouted as he dragged Okon outside.
"Please find him o!!" Lisa shouted. She dropped to her knees to pray, she couldn't help but cry. She got up cleared the plates and went into her room.

****Updated****
Re: Molested by hamzaduke(m): 3:36am On May 31, 2018
Chapter 2 updated. More?
Re: Molested by Mzposh001: 1:27pm On May 31, 2018
moreeeeeee
Re: Molested by greatlinda(f): 6:50pm On May 31, 2018
pls more......
Re: Molested by hamzaduke(m): 12:38am On Jun 01, 2018
I'm sorry guys, but this a preview of my book, it will soon be published, so I can't go around posting it everywhere, until it's published.... But I've already begun writing a very interesting story just for you. It'll be posted soon.

(1) (Reply)

If You Want To Be Rich, YOU Have To Make It Happen / How To Post My Stories On Storypaid / Chronicles of Nairablog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.