Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Experts Advocates For Increased Digitization In Banking Industry - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Experts Advocates For Increased Digitization In Banking Industry (2674 Views)

CBN Dormant Account Policy Triggers Anxiety In Banking Sector / Fight Breaks Out In Banking Hall As Bank Refuses To Reverse Customers' Money / Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experts Advocates For Increased Digitization In Banking Industry by Financialwatchn: 6:02am On May 28, 2018
Nigerian banking industry needs increased digitization, stronger corporate governance and enhanced communication among stakeholders to effectively play its role in the nation’s quest for sustained economic growth.

Financial sector experts stated this at a leadership discussion series titled: “Strengthening the banking system and facilitating sustained economic growth: Roles of the Regulators, Operators and the Banking public” organised in Lagos by the Financial Institutions Training Centre (FITC).

Speaking on the need for increased digitization, Managing Director, Sterling Bank Plc, Mr. Abubakar Suleiman said: “The first part is to digitize the process of providing credit to consumers and Small Medium Enterprises. I also think banks and government should pick the sectors they can specialize in and focus on giving them credits.”

On his part, the President, Bank Customers Association of Nigeria, Dr. Uju Ogubunka, stressed the need for enhanced communication. He said: “We have three stakeholders in the banking system. They are the regulators, the operators and the banking public. There is a missing gap between them that brings about the problem that we are having here. The regulators should find a way where they would have to bring the customers to share thoughts with both the operators and regulators.”

Speaking on the challenge of corporate governance, past president, Chartered Institute of Bankers, Prof. Olusegun Ajibola said: “It is lack of corporate governance that will allow a chief executive officer to upturn an entrenched system of governance without regards for the process of changing governance rules. If we can tackle all these both at the regulatory and the operating levels, I think we will converge at a point where we can now take decisions that will help us serve the interest of the various sectors of the economy and by so doing help to move the economy forward through real growth not nominal growth in the economy as a whole.”

https://www.financialwatchngr.com/2018/05/28/experts-advocates-for-increased-digitization-in-banking-industry/
Re: Experts Advocates For Increased Digitization In Banking Industry by Lexusgs430: 7:42am On May 28, 2018
Do they have to advocate? Can't they follow future trends?
Re: Experts Advocates For Increased Digitization In Banking Industry by soberdrunk(m): 7:43am On May 28, 2018
If they are truly passionate about 'economic growth' they should start offering 'long term' 'unsecured' loans at 'reasonable' rates to upcoming entrepreneurs/businessmen......... angry

Ps- Someone in the banking industry needs to explain the "Card maintenance fee" charge because i don't understand what my bank is maintaining in my card. I swear the day it will enter my head, i will take my card to the bank and they must carry out 'maintenance' in front of me..........angry

1 Like

Re: Experts Advocates For Increased Digitization In Banking Industry by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:43am On May 28, 2018
In another news, visit www.writerspay.com to submit your stories and make money per click.
Re: Experts Advocates For Increased Digitization In Banking Industry by carlosta: 7:45am On May 28, 2018
G
Re: Experts Advocates For Increased Digitization In Banking Industry by Wasky101: 7:46am On May 28, 2018
Very good

In other news
IPhone 7+ rose gold 32gb with original charger and pack-180k
IPhone 5 16gb black with original charger and pack-35k

1 Like

Re: Experts Advocates For Increased Digitization In Banking Industry by sexdoll: 7:47am On May 28, 2018
what tha _fuck is digitization? shocked
Re: Experts Advocates For Increased Digitization In Banking Industry by lawrence35(m): 7:48am On May 28, 2018
Fidelity Bank has introduced digital lab. Staff

Start your ecommerce store, it's easier than you think...
https://www.nairaland.com/4505379/what-dropshiping-how-make-3500
Re: Experts Advocates For Increased Digitization In Banking Industry by aku626(m): 7:49am On May 28, 2018
How secure is the level we at?
Re: Experts Advocates For Increased Digitization In Banking Industry by brodalokie: 7:49am On May 28, 2018
I am a digital person for a long long time already. Nigeria's headmasters have always taken me back to square zero. If digitization will restore me then I say it is better.

Even Cupid has gone digital. What's the problem of banking?
Re: Experts Advocates For Increased Digitization In Banking Industry by Nobody: 7:50am On May 28, 2018
9. Don't use Nairaland for illegal acts, e.g scams, plagiarism, hacking, gay meetings, incitement, promoting secession. Vanguard article
Re: Experts Advocates For Increased Digitization In Banking Industry by Boyooosa(m): 7:51am On May 28, 2018
No be the person wey get money for bank account ho use arm? shocked shuu!
Re: Experts Advocates For Increased Digitization In Banking Industry by talk2hb1(m): 7:52am On May 28, 2018
We Don't need digitization, we need effective digitization.
Re: Experts Advocates For Increased Digitization In Banking Industry by israelmao(m): 7:58am On May 28, 2018
As we digitalize banks, security of the system is vital because I was shocked last week when a medical doctor who was arrested for an involvement in cybercrime confessed that Nigerian banks will be easier for him to hack because their systems have no firewall.
Re: Experts Advocates For Increased Digitization In Banking Industry by Nobody: 9:36am On May 28, 2018
SA already has cryptocurrency ATM. The world is talking IoT, Analytics, blockchain but major discussion is either Buhari next term, Obasanjo power project or Sagay in Nigeria. Over the next 20 years it will dawn on us what these guys are turning the nation to.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pls Goood Site Where I Can Print Mtn,celtel And Glo At The Chespest Rate / Top 5 Easy And Free Ways To Make Money Online In Nigeria / Where Can Someone Buy Fitness Supplements Like Whey Protein In Bulk In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.