Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Ways Of Making A Fortune In Photography & Videography Without Owning A Camera - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ways Of Making A Fortune In Photography & Videography Without Owning A Camera (1025 Views)

Start A Professional Career In Photography And Make Lots Of Money / Photography, Videography, Graphics Design And Makeup Artistry Training / Why A Career In Photography Is Not A Bad Idea, Steps To Becoming A Professional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways Of Making A Fortune In Photography & Videography Without Owning A Camera by naifizzy: 9:26am On May 28, 2018
Many people look down at photography and videography, sometimes they refer such careers as menial careers... "Look at that Photographer !!" "Look at that Camera man !!"..

Well guess what? It's a multi-million making professional career and most people who have embraced it professionally or unprofessionally can attest to that.

From unprofessional youtube videos, wedding photobooks, wedding videos, professional film making, Low Budget Music Videos, High Budget Music Videos etc.... Many have tapped into the evergreen profession and have never regretted.

Everyone who can take a selfie is a potential photographer. You don't need any special gift or calling...

All you need is the skills and thats it. You dont even need to own the equipments, you can rent it at an affordable price when you need it for an event or occasion.

1. You need to learn how to operate the Cameras: You can do this by being an apprentice or enrolling in any learning institute.

2. After you have acquired the skills you will need to market yourself on Social-Media. You dont need an office, or buy the expensive equipments. All you need is social networking and attractive pricing that will make you an eye candy for any occasion.

3. Save money to get your equipments: Once you making waves, dont forget to save for the rainy day!!

4. Teach others who will like to learn from you: Make the circle go round!! You can set affordable prices for that.

I made it sound easy, but nothing is too difficult to do. If ancient people can build pyramids over 5000 years ago, how much more you in this digital age with all information at your finger tips?

I have been able to buy an SUV, I-Mac, 2 Mac book pros, 3 DSLR Cameras from teaching, shooting and photography in less than 3 years.

Many of us lack the PUSH to take our destinies to the next level... Well guess what? This is one....

1 Like

Re: Ways Of Making A Fortune In Photography & Videography Without Owning A Camera by naifizzy: 3:54pm On May 28, 2018
Truth told
Re: Ways Of Making A Fortune In Photography & Videography Without Owning A Camera by krystal101(f): 4:36pm On May 28, 2018
naifizzy:
Many people look down at photography and videography, sometimes they refer such careers as menial careers... "Look at that Photographer !!" "Look at that Camera man !!"..

Well guess what? It's a multi-million making professional career and most people who have embraced it professionally or unprofessionally can attest to that.

From unprofessional youtube videos, wedding photobooks, wedding videos, professional film making, Low Budget Music Videos, High Budget Music Videos etc.... Many have tapped into the evergreen profession and have never regretted.

Everyone who can take a selfie is a potential photographer. You don't need any special gift or calling...

All you need is the skills and thats it. You dont even need to own the equipments, you can rent it at an affordable price when you need it for an event or occasion.

1. You need to learn how to operate the Cameras: You can do this by being an apprentice or enrolling in any learning institute.

2. After you have acquired the skills you will need to market yourself on Social-Media. You dont need an office, or buy the expensive equipments. All you need is social networking and attractive pricing that will make you an eye candy for any occasion.

3. Save money to get your equipments: Once you making waves, dont forget to save for the rainy day!!

4. Teach others who will like to learn from you: Make the circle go round!! You can set affordable prices for that.

I made it sound easy, but nothing is too difficult to do. If ancient people can build pyramids over 5000 years ago, how much more you in this digital age with all information at your finger tips?

I have been able to buy an SUV, I-Mac, 2 Mac book pros, 3 DSLR Cameras from teaching, shooting and photography in less than 3 years.

Many of us lack the PUSH to take our destinies to the next level... Well guess what? This is one....

I started out in my fellowship. I'm the HOD of media in my fellowship, photography and video coverage are core. I've been privileged to learn in the job my only problem is marketing myself. How do I get more jobs?
Re: Ways Of Making A Fortune In Photography & Videography Without Owning A Camera by naifizzy: 5:31pm On May 28, 2018
krystal101:

I started out in my fellowship. I'm the HOD of media in my fellowship, photography and video coverage are core. I've been privileged to learn in the job my only problem is marketing myself. How do I get more jobs?

What is your scope? What are the skills you have acquired so far?

They are various ways to market yourself and to engage in a money making spree. For the later you need to have content...

Look at "Emmanuella" it may not be comedy but something to attract an audince. Christian, morals, marriages think creative....

You can take advantage of the department you head and use some folks in your department to achieve that goal...

To market yourself, you will need to create a network within the Churches around you.... Let it look like an an Entrepreneurial network were youth of like minds can showcase their services and tap into the market within the network. Church members marry, do occassions and celebrate on weekly basis so you have a market pool to tap from.

But most importantly you will need to top your skills and expand your knowledge. If you need help I can provide you some....

Lastly showcase your work on social media and share it for others to see. If your works standout people will look out for you.

1 Like

Re: Ways Of Making A Fortune In Photography & Videography Without Owning A Camera by naifizzy: 10:52am On May 29, 2018
Re: Ways Of Making A Fortune In Photography & Videography Without Owning A Camera by OBTMOS(m): 4:32pm On May 29, 2018
Sir please were are you based, am in abuja and would really like to learn from u
Re: Ways Of Making A Fortune In Photography & Videography Without Owning A Camera by naifizzy: 11:39am On May 30, 2018
OBTMOS:
Sir please were are you based, am in abuja and would really like to learn from u

I am based in Lagos.

Give me your email or mobile number so we can talk.

Or send me an email at

grandvideoinstitute@gmail.com
Re: Ways Of Making A Fortune In Photography & Videography Without Owning A Camera by naifizzy: 3:23pm On Jun 03, 2018
Beautiful day
Re: Ways Of Making A Fortune In Photography & Videography Without Owning A Camera by mamuzoOMAH(m): 12:04pm On Jun 04, 2018
naifizzy:
Beautiful day
please sir can you I reach you. my number is 08171418009 and email is mamuzoadums@gmail.com. I sent you a message on gmail.
Re: Ways Of Making A Fortune In Photography & Videography Without Owning A Camera by naifizzy: 4:16pm On Jun 04, 2018
mamuzoOMAH:
please sir can you I reach you. my number is 08171418009 and email is mamuzoadums@gmail.com. I sent you a message on gmail.

I have replied you. Kindly confirm
Re: Ways Of Making A Fortune In Photography & Videography Without Owning A Camera by naifizzy: 8:59am On Jun 05, 2018
Beautiful morning

(1) (Reply)

Salesforce Certifications To Enhance Your Career / Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) / Brain Drain Across Industries-- JAPA To UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.