Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? (11610 Views)

Poll: Have You Ever Experienced It?

Yes: 57% (26 votes)
No: 42% (19 votes)
This poll has ended

Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released / Nigerians Where Are This Bloody Trains,have U Ever Sighted Them? / Injustice Over Nkiru Sylvanus Kidnap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by davidif: 12:17pm On May 30, 2010
Thank goodness i didn't go to high school in the US. I have so many appalling stories of what african americans do to africans. Even in college, when you overhear there conversation its awful. I was in the library and some akatas were talking about someone and saying that the person looked African: that the person looked like all those starving african kids with big bellies with flies on there faces.

msb247:

go to nigerian embassies to experience injustice grin

GBAM!!! omo, the horror stories i don hear about embassy adventures, i thank the almighty that mine went smoothly.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by davidif: 12:18pm On May 30, 2010
Katsumoto:

Excuse me but the women were hotter; brown skinned goddesses with african women bodies. The guys were so aggressive always getting into fights over women they didnt know.

omo, una don waka ooooo. When i go waka myself.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by cap28: 12:33pm On May 30, 2010
AngieFan:

I am not concerned about your right to be in the UK or not. The question was when are you planning to leave? You seem to have an intense hatred for the British people and country you have chosen to live and work in and so I assumed you were making plans to go back to your beloved Nigeria soon.

Despite claiming to have been born in the UK you seem to have severe problems with comprehending your "mother tongue" english  do you not understand the concept of freedom of speech - again i ask you- are you living in a secure unit where your every conversation is censored and monitored, are you capable of critical thought and analysis or do you prefer to be led by the nose - or perhaps i am answering my own question  grin grin grin grin

do you understand the meaning of the word "hate" what has hate got to do with the truth - can you point out to me in any of my posts where i have expressed anything hateful, so because i refer to HISTORICAL FACT that equates to hate in your mind - you need serious help.

let me let you in on  something which is obvious to most people with the ability to think - criticism is healthy and critical dialogue is important in order to address the injustice which exists in society.

I find it mind boggling how you always you the same tired redundant argument about white people not liking blacks and that Blacks can never be seen British because whites won't allow it and blacks don't have equal rights as whites etc ect yet you are STILL in Britain by choice!!! Again when are you leaving? And if you have no intentions of leaving will you spend your life writing essays on NL about the injustices of living in my country cool

You would find it mind boggling because you are a brainwashed uncle tom, you love the fact that you have been allowed to live amongst whites and you cant understand why other blacks arent as grateful about being given the opportunity to live like second class citizens like you.  

If you had any sense of pride in your african ancestry you would understand that the so called good life that you think you are enjoying was built off the sweat and blood of your ancestors, you are not being done any favours you are merely living off the crumbs that whites have CHOSEN to give you.

Yes I am grateful to God for allowing me to be born and raised in the UK.

for your information i too was born in the UK but unlike you i dont wear my british citizenship as  a badge of honour, i have lived in nigeria and in the UK and i can tell you that the average nigerian born and bred in nigeria is 100% better off than the likes of people like you who were born and bred in the UK, many nigerians who grow up in nigeria are better educated and much more ambitious, the UK born nigerians tend to be directionless and low acheivers therefore in order to console themselves that they have acheived somethign they wear their pathetic nominal british citizenship on their sleeves, if indeed you are a true british person why is it that you have to work twice as hard to get half as much as your white counterparts? I know many black british people who are merely marking time in a country that does not want them.

Let me educate you on a few things about the reason blacks were ALLOWED to come to britain - LABOUR SHORTAGE!!!!!!!!!!

after the second world war there was a shortage of labour in this country and the whites recruited unskilled  workers from the carribean and africa - most of the unskilled workers were from the carribean and a lot of the students were  from africa - these people were our parents - this is how the likes of you and i came to be born in this country - so please stop going on about being born in the UK as if its some huge acheivement because its not - there is a limit as to how far people who look like you and i can go in this country and you know it.  Perhaps thats why you've opted to leave and go to america (out of the frying pan into the fire) so come down off of that delusional high horse that you ve placed yourself on and wake up to the real world.

Oh please, I doubt you were even in the UK when that story broke and so you really have no idea of how the British press covered the story back then. Furthermore, if you know anything about the British press and their salacious, desperate, passionate and unorthodox ways of covering a story or piece gossip is second to none in the world so you will know that they didn't get give these guys any special treatment in the media. And that is the reason why you know so much about the story even though as I said I doubt you were even in the country then.

Why do you doubt that i was in this country then, you know nothing about me.

Can you name a case that involved a black criminal was involved and the press showed them no mercy as they did with a white case?

You sound disturbed anyway, who told you to go back to Africa?

again i wonder at your comprehension skills, the point i was making was that the  media portrays blacks in a derogatory manner whilst portryaing their own people in a much more humane and sympathetic light, if you need this to be pointed out to you then you are beyond redemption.

I SOUND DISTURBED - Purleeeze do you know how you sound? Do you think that when  you walk around with a blindfold on trying to shut out the reality of what it means to be black in the west somehow everything will be okay -you need to wake up girl.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by skfa1: 12:34pm On May 30, 2010
davidif:

Thank goodness i didn't go to high school in the US. I have so many appalling stories of what african americans do to africans. Even in college, when you overhear there conversation its awful. I was in the library and some akatas were talking about someone and saying that the person looked African: that the person looked like all those starving african kids with big bellies with flies on there faces.

GBAM!!! omo, the horror stories i don hear about embassy adventures, i thank the almighty that mine went smoothly.

This world is funny to me, LOL, Imagine a kettle doesnt no he himself is a kettle, lol
See i show dem well well, until they finally like me but it wasnt easy but finally i gained my freedom.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by skfa1: 12:41pm On May 30, 2010
@ cap

You are pointing out some real fact.I feel you.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by cap28: 12:55pm On May 30, 2010
skfa1:

@ cap

You are pointing out some real fact.I feel you.

thanks bro, the angiefans of this world really get on my nerves
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by Katsumoto: 12:58pm On May 30, 2010
cap28:

Despite claiming to have been born in the UK you seem to have severe problems with comprehending your "mother tongue" english  do you not understand the concept of freedom of speech - again i ask you- are you living in a secure unit where your every conversation is censored and monitored, are you capable of critical thought and analysis or do you prefer to be led by the nose - or perhaps i am answering my own question  grin grin grin grin

do you understand the meaning of the word "hate" what has hate got to do with the truth - can you point out to me in any of my posts where i have expressed anything hateful, so because i refer to HISTORICAL FACT that equates to hate in your mind - you need serious help.

let me let you in on  something which is obvious to most people with the ability to think - criticism is healthy and critical dialogue is important in order to address the injustice which exists in society.

You would find it mind boggling because you are a brainwashed uncle tom, you love the fact that you have been allowed to live amongst whites and you cant understand why other blacks arent as grateful about being given the opportunity to live like second class citizens like you.  

If you had any sense of pride in your african ancestry you would understand that the so called good life that you think you are enjoying was built off the sweat and blood of your ancestors, you are not being done any favours you are merely living off the crumbs that whites have CHOSEN to give you.

for your information i too was born in the UK but unlike you i dont wear my british citizenship as  a badge of honour, i have lived in nigeria and in the UK and i can tell you that the average nigerian born and bred in nigeria is 100% better off than the likes of people like you who were born and bred in the UK, many nigerians who grow up in nigeria are better educated and much more ambitious, the UK born nigerians tend to be directionless and low acheivers therefore in order to console themselves that they have acheived somethign they wear their pathetic nominal british citizenship on their sleeves, if indeed you are a true british person why is it that you have to work twice as hard to get half as much as your white counterparts? I know many black british people who are merely marking time in a country that does not want them.

Let me educate you on a few things about the reason blacks were ALLOWED to come to britain - LABOUR SHORTAGE!!!!!!!!!!

after the second world war there was a shortage of labour and the whites recruited unskilled  workers from the carribean and africa - most of the unskilled workers were from the carribean and a lot of the students were  from africa - these people were our parents - this is how the likes of you and i came to be born in this country - so please stop going on about being born in the UK as if its some huge acheivement because its not - there is a limit as to how far people who look like you and i can go in this country and you know it.  Perhaps thats why you've opted to leave and go to america (out of the frying pan into the fire) so come down off of that delusional high horse that you ve placed yourself on and wake up to the real world.

again i wonder at your comprehension skills, the point i was making was that the  media portrays blacks in a derogatory manner whilst portryaing their own people in a much more humane and sympathetic light, if you need this to be pointed out to you then you are beyond redemption.

I SOUND DISTURBED - Purleeeze do you know how you sound? Do you think that when  you walk around with a blindfold on trying to shut out the reality of what it means to be black in the west somehow everything will be okay -you need to wake up girl.

As you know, i don't generally agree with your very extreme views but I can relate to what you are stating. I disagree with you on the basis that humans use all kinds of factors (sex, religion, skin color, region of ancestry, wealth, etc) to discriminate against one another. I also disagree because we equally discriminate against one another in the land of our fathers. So why should we complain about being discriminated against by people who are different to us in so many ways when we still discriminate against ourselves at home. But I do not disagree with your observations in the UK.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by mbulela: 1:04pm On May 30, 2010
Katsumoto:

As you know, i don't generally agree with your very extreme views but I can relate to what you are stating. I disagree with you on the basis that humans use all kinds of factors (intimacy, religion, skin color, region of ancestry, wealth, etc) to discriminate against one another. I also disagree because we equally discriminate against one another in the land of our fathers. So why should we complain about being discriminated against by people who are different to us in so many ways when we still discriminate against ourselves at home. But I do not disagree with your observations in the UK.

reminds me of a friend who said he would rather remain in the developed world and be discriminated in a society where things work than return back to Nigeria where in the north he is discriminated against for being from a minority tribe (in the north) and practicing a minority religion (he is a Christian).
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by AngieFan(f): 1:30pm On May 30, 2010
Yes Cap you are disturbed.

Again when are you planning to leave? Whether you were born in the UK is not the issue or question here. The fact is that you seem to hate the country as all your posts are filled with nothing but the injustices of the land. I have asked you a few times now about when you are planning to leave as you are clearly unhappy in the UK and yet you have chosen to dodge the question both times preferring to indulge in some mindless hyperbole instead.

But you seem intent on negativity. In your eyes Britain has no redeeming factors even though you have chosen to live here when you could be perfectly happy elsewhere? How is the constant abuse of Britons and Britain in general by yourself having any positive effect on your life?

Who told you I lived among whites? Since when was Peckham a white area?  grin On a serious note, you claim that I am second class citizen in the Uk so would I be a first class one in Nigeria as someone from Delta State? As someone from Delta State would I be allowed to run for governor of a Northern state in Nigeria. Would I or my children be allowed to claim benefits or scholarships from Lagos state seen as I am not indigenous to the state but may have paid taxes for a few years there. Please answer honestly.

Well I am proud to be British. If the fact that a black person can say that hurts you so much then you know what you can do. And as for Nigerians being educated in Nigeria better, being better achievers with more direction  than they are in Britain; it is subjective.

And whats new? Immigrants normally immigrate to a country because of work so why are you acting brand new about this fact?

after the second world war there was a shortage of labour in this country  and the whites recruited unskilled  workers from the carribean and africa - most of the unskilled workers were from the carribean and a lot of the students were  from africa - these people were our parents - this is how the likes of you and i came to be born in this country - so please stop going on about being born in the UK as if its some huge acheivement because its not - there is a limit as to how far people who look like you and i can go in this country and you know it.  Perhaps thats why you've opted to leave and go to america (out of the frying pan into the fire) so come down off of that delusional high horse that you ve placed yourself on and wake up to the real world.

I am actually home in Britain on vacation at this moment in time. grin grin grin But I was in America working for a British multinational on a global project. I haven't left Britain at all.

Neither do you know nothing about me. Yet you assume that you do because I am black like you. How sad. I still have my doubts though. You were not in the country when the James Bulger story broke otherwise you would have witnessed the British press in their element and how they went to town with it.

And where are the examples I asked you to provide or are you going to keep rambling on about nothing without proof? Please provide an example of a case where a black person has been the criminal and how the press treated them worst than they did in the the Jamie Bulger case. For your information that case was far from treated as humane or sympathetic. People were calling for the death penalty and that was reported in the news and the security van that was carrying the boys to the court was attacked every day during the trial. There are plenty of documentaries on youtube so if you really want to find out what it was like back then check there.

I SOUND DISTURBED - Purleeeze do you know how you sound? Do you think that when  you walk around with a blindfold on trying to shut out the reality of what it means to be black in the west somehow everything will be okay -you need to wake up girl

As I said , you don't know me, what I do for a living or my life experiences so with all due respect kindly STFU! lol
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by davidif: 1:30pm On May 30, 2010
mbulela:

reminds me of a friend who said he would rather remain in the developed world and be discriminated in a society where things work than return back to Nigeria where in the north he is discriminated against for being from a minority tribe (in the north) and practicing a minority religion (he is a Christian).

omo, come to think of it, i have never experienced the injustice i experienced in naija anywhere in the world, geez, i was a minority in the south and in my first school, the southerners made my life miserable, when i transfered, the easterners who were the majority in my other school made my life hell at times.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by JoeMosco(m): 2:11pm On May 30, 2010
Gush! Here in 9ja, in one university i know, an 'A' Student ends up with an 'E' just b/cos he didn't pay d lecturer. That is quite weird.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by cap28: 3:12pm On May 30, 2010
AngieFan:

Yes Cap you are disturbed.

Again when are you planning to leave? Whether you were born in the UK is not the issue or question here. The fact is that you seem to hate the country as all your posts are filled with nothing but the injustices of the land. I have asked you a few times now about when you are planning to leave as you are clearly unhappy in the UK and yet you have chosen to dodge the question both times preferring to indulge in some mindless hyperbole instead.

Why dont you ask the white south africans who complain about Zuma, Malema and co  when they are planning to leave, why dont you ask white zimbabweans who complain about Mugabe's land reform programmes when they are planning to leave?

You are in denial about this country and you expect every other black person to be in denial just like you, but im afraid i will not live and think like you, you have grown up in this country content to be a second class citizen because your white master has taught you that that is all you are worth, if my presence in the UK upsets you - go and jump off a cliff, people who think like me and talk like me will continue to remain here to expose uncle toms like you.

the poster asked a question "have you ever experienced injustice abroad" and i answered the question BY GIVING A HISTORICAL ACCOUNT BASED ON FACTS and you tell me i am spewing hatred on this thread - how can a sane mind think in such a warped fashion.

Do you seriously think that if all blacks were to be repatriated from this country (in the way that the BNP were suggesting some years back ) they would make an exception with  you?  beleive me if a day comes when blacks are deported en masse from this country you will be one of the first to be shipped out.

But you seem intent on negativity. In your eyes Britain has no redeeming factors even though you have chosen to live here when you could be perfectly happy elsewhere? How is the constant abuse of Britons and Britain in general by yourself having any positive affect on your life?

Now i see how far gone you are, why are you so desperate to find redeeming features in a nation that treated your ancestors like chattel, a nation that threw human beings overboard into the atlantic ocean like worthless chaff during the atlantic crossing,  and still does not accord to blacks the same rights that it accords to its WHITE citizens.

Are you aware that despite your undying love for britain - a white south african who arrives in this country today  has access to  better jobs, housing and health care facilities than you a black british person that was "born and bred" here this also applies in the case of a  white canadian, australian, new zealander and even eastern european , do you see why i say you are beyond redemption?

Who told you I lived among whites? Since when was Peckham a white area?  grin On a serious note, you claim that I am second class citizen in the Uk so would I be a first class one in Nigeria as someone from Delta State? As someone from Delta State would I be allowed to run for governor of a Northern state in Nigeria. Would I or my children be allowed to claim benefits or scholarships from Lagos state seen as I am not indigenous to the state but may have paid taxes for a few years there. Please answer honestly.

It appears you have no understanding of the history of your own country, "nigeria" is an artificial construct created by your white slave master Lugard for financial and political expidiency, at no time in history was "nigeria" ever meant to be one country,  therefore the answer to your question is no you would probably not be allowed to run for governor in the north but why would you want to run for governor in the north when you could do so in your own region - Delta - compare that to you trying to run for a seat in Surrey, Kent or any of the areas with predominantly white populations - do you think you would stand a chance in hell of getting any support in those regions?  The best you could hope for would be to run for a seat in hackney, tottenham, peckham or anyother inner city ghetto with a high concentration of black people.

Well I am proud to be British. If the fact that a black person can say that hurts you so much then you know what you can do. And as for Nigerians being educated in Nigeria better, being better achievers with more direction  than they are in Britain; it is subjective.

it doesnt hurt me at all, i just feel sorry for you, because the white british are not proud to be associated with people who look like you.  You can continue to fly the union jack or the st georges cross for them as for me i am a proud nigerian.

Yes nigerians in nigeria ARE better educated and more ambitious than most british born and bred nigerians - look around you and see how many nigerians born and bred in this country furthered their education or went on to do anything constructive with their lives, the few that did have had every iota of their black identity erased from their psyche, they are black only in appearance.

And whats new? Immigrants normally immigrate to a country because of work so why are you acting brand new about this fact?

No let me reiterate what i said earlier blacks were RECRUITED by the british govt to FILL A GAP in the employment market - it was all part of a plan to redress the labour shortage that occurred as a result of many british men being killed in the second world war, no long term plans were put in place for african and carribean immigrants as was the case in countries like america where WHITE immigration was encouraged,  black immigrants were merely invited to work in britain out of neccessity and when black labour was no longer required as is the case now the govt decided that it would start imposing EMBARGOES on non white countries in order to DISCOURAGE emmigration from those countries to britain, thats why all you hear now is how IMMIGRATION (from africa or the carribean)  is A BIG PROBLEM - the point im making is that we were used as a temporary measure to help rebuild their economies, but now we are surplus to their requirements , they want us to leave, but what i find ironic is that even though YOUR OWN PARENTS came here as african immigrants YOU are joining the hordes of white racists to also call for blacks to leave - unbeleivably hilarious grin grin grin grin

I am actually home in Britain on vacation at this moment in time. grin grin grin But I was in America working for a British multinational on a global project. I haven't left Britain at all.

Hmm its nice to know that you are proud to be associated with western multinational  corporations who for centuries have been responsible for the destruction and impoverishment of almost every african nation,  but then people like you actually feel honoured working in cahoots with the very people who plunder and destroy your  own country.

Neither do you know nothing about me. Yet you assume that you do because I am black like you. How sad. I still have my doubts though. You were not in the country when the James Bulger story broke otherwise you would have witnessed the British press in their element and how they went to town with it.

I can gauge the sort of person you are from how you write and that is more than enough for me.

As I said , you don't know me, what I do for a living or my life experiences so with all due respect kindly STFU! lol

And im glad i dont because it is depressing to know that black people like you exist. People like  you are an embarrassment to the entire black race, i hear that the BNP are now allowing black people to become members, perhaps you could join as an honourary member - im sure they will find some of your ideas about blacks in this country quite useful.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by shilling(f): 4:57pm On May 30, 2010
It hasn't happened to me, but I know it happens everyday to so many foreigners living in countries around the world.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by AngieFan(f): 5:32pm On May 30, 2010
Cap28

I haven't the time or patience to read your essay especially since you outright refuse to answer the simple question put to you.

Again. When do you intend to leave the UK since you are clearly unhappy and bitter living here?

Another question: If you have no intentions of leaving, do you intend to spend the rest of your life playing victim on Nairaland, bytching about life in the UK?
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by cap28: 6:08pm On May 30, 2010
AngieFan:

Cap28

I haven't the time or patience to read your essay especially since you outright refuse to answer the simple question put to you.

Again. When do you intend to leave the UK since you are clearly unhappy and bitter living here?

Another question: If you have no intentions of leaving, do you intend to spend the rest of your life playing victim on Nairaland, bytching about life in the UK?

Angiefan i will leave when you answer the following questions: why is it that you have to work twice as hard as a white person in the country you claim as your own in order to get half as much as whites and why is it that poles, ukrainian, russians, bulgarians and romanians who just started arriving in this country less than five years ago have access to better housing and employment  than you a black british woman who has lived here all your life?

also why is it that despite being born and bred in this country youve still ended up in an inner city hell hole like Peckham - Surely with all the opportunities open to a black british woman like yourself you could have found somewhere a bit more upmarket to live.

when you answer those two questions then i will tell you when i will leave your beloved Engerland  - i await with bated breath
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 30, 2010
Tcrack:

honestly, i find the highlighted part  very hard to believe. maybe the problem was with you dress code.

if everyone is dressed casually in that club, i dont think i would need a suit and tie to get access just because i am black/brown.
the funniest part was that we were all dressed "fairly" the same yet, i was the only one stopped!
and even if that was true, a white person with the "wrong" dress code would still not be stopped. it has all to do with the fear of having people issue from the favelas in their establishment.

most Brazilians will say that there is no racism in Brazil but we all know that this aint true. . . . . . . . . especially when schools today still teaches Brazilians that Blacks and indians had to be "civilized" but yet, are partly responsible for making Brazil what it is today. one of the problems unfortunately is also the many blacks who would tell you that everything is ok.

anything associated with Blacks is looked down upon but yet many are big into i.e. many whites would say they dont follow the widely practiced UMBANDA/CANDOMBLE religion (roots in Benin, yoruba) but yet, secretely go and worship "la dona das almas" LOL!
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by AngieFan(f): 6:25pm On May 30, 2010
@Cap28
I actually don't live in Peckham but I wouldn't refer to it as a hell hole either. My comment was made in jest and in response to your ramble about living among white people.

I work hard and I see the benefits of my hard work everyday. I am fruitfully employed by a multinational and often travel around the world all expenses paid. I have for the past 6 years been based on and off in various offices around the world and I currently working on global project in California. At the current time I am on vacation at home in the UK where I have a home that is mortgage free.  I don't know about Poles and other Eastern Europeans and what type of work they do in the UK. That isn't where my focus is so sorry I can't answer that. If they are doing better than me here then good for them. Right now I am happy with what I have and thank God for the blessings he has bestowed upon my life and pray for many more. Things aren't perfect but they aren't as bad and negative as you make out either.

However you are obviously very bitter and unhappy about your standing in life and the way you live in the UK and so you really should think about leaving for better climes. Life is too short to continue to harbour resentment for a country you have chosen to live in and people you have live among.

Now will you answer my questions?
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by cap28: 7:32pm On May 30, 2010
AngieFan:

@Cap28
I actually don't live in Peckham but I wouldn't refer to it as a hell hole either. My comment was made in jest and in response to your ramble about living among white people.

Hmm sounds like you are ashamed to admit that you live in Peckham.

I work hard and I see the benefits of my hard work everyday. I am fruitfully employed by a multinational and often travel around the world all expenses paid. I have for the past 6 years been based on and off in various offices around the world and I currently working on global project in California. At the current time I am on vacation at home in the UK where I have a home that is mortgage free.  I don't know about Poles and other Eastern Europeans and what type of work they do in the UK. That isn't where my focus is so sorry I can't answer that. If they are doing better than me here then good for them. Right now I am happy with what I have and thank God for the blessings he has bestowed upon my life and pray for many more. Things aren't perfect but they aren't as bad and negative as you make out either.

fruitfully employed as what? if i may ask, and what benefits have you accrued as a result of your "hard work", oh so you live in a mortgage free house - lets give you a standing ovation - you are not the first neither will you be the last, what great strides have you made for your people or have you been too busy genuflecting and bowing before your white masters?

the global project that you claim to be working on, is it beneficial to the masses of blacks out there who are struggling to make ends meet or is it yet another project by your white masters aimed at keeping blacks oppressed and mired in poverty?

the thing is i couldnt care less whether you are based on the moon or based on planet venus, my issue with you is that you are in denial about racism in this country and you seem to think that i have no right to point out the fact that it exists here.

If you think working for a "global multinational corporation" is some sort of acheivement i beg to differ, i work as a lawyer within the criminal justice system and i see the effects of institutionalised racism on our young black people in this country, i see the damage that it has done to our youth and i see that as a race of people we are under attack by a people who do not want our progress.

You on the other hand think that you are a success because you have been allowed to do some job a white person doesnt want.

However you are obviously very bitter and unhappy about your standing in life and the way you live in the UK and so you really should think about leaving for better climes. Life is too short to continue to harbour resentment for a country you have chosen to live in and people you have live among.

I am far from bitter and unhappy - i am a solicitor and i enjoy the challenges and stresses (i might add) of the job, but my job (and it is only a job and not my life) has opened my eyes to the entrenched racism that exists in this country, unlike you i am concerned at the plight of my people and i am working with other concerned groups to try and do something for the up and coming youth who will in turn face the discrimination that all blacks face in this country.

I choose not to keep my head in the clouds and pretend that everything is fantastic the way you do, i am a realist not a fantasist like you.  America that you claim to jet in and out of is a country that practiced (and still practices albeit covertly)  the most virulent form of racism ever invented,   had it not been for courageous blacks who challenged the white supremacist system in the 1950's and 60's , you wouldnt even have been able to boast about your trip to california as you would have been forced to work and live under a racially segregated system, so while you continue to live in denial why dont you take some time out to find out about the heroes who made sacrifices for the things you so blindly take forgranted today.

i know your job is your life and you probably seek solace in it from the racism you receive as a black woman in britain,  but beleive me there is more to life than working around the clock for white people.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by AngieFan(f): 7:50pm On May 30, 2010
cap28:

Hmm sounds like you are ashamed to admit that you live in Peckham.

fruitfully employed as what? if i may ask, and what benefits have you accrued as a result of your "hard work", oh so you live in a mortgage free house - lets give you a standing ovation - you are not the first neither will you be the last, what great strides have you made for your people or have you been too busy genuflecting and bowing before your white masters?

the global project that you claim to be working on, is it beneficial to the masses of blacks out there who are struggling to make ends meet or is it yet another project by your white masters aimed at keeping blacks oppressed and mired in poverty?

the thing is i couldnt care less whether you are based on the moon or based on planet venus, my issue with you is that you are in denial about racism in this country and you seem to think that i have no right to point out the fact that it exists here.

If you think working for a "global multinational corporation" is some sort of acheivement i beg to differ, i work as a lawyer within the criminal justice system and i see the effects of institutionalised racism on our young black people in this country, i see the damage that it has done to our youth and i see that as a race of people we are under attack by a people who do not want our progress.

You on the other hand think that you are a success because you have been allowed to do some job a white person doesnt want.

I am far from bitter and unhappy - i am a solicitor and i enjoy the challenges and stresses (i might add) of the job, but my job (and it is only a job and not my life) has opened my eyes to the entrenched racism that exists in this country, unlike you i am concerned at the plight of my people and i am working with other concerned groups to try and do something for the up and coming youth who will in turn face the discrimination that all blacks face in this country.

I choose not to keep my head in the clouds and pretend that everything is fantastic the way you do, i am a realist not a fantasist like you.  America that you claim to jet in and out of is a country that practiced (and still practices albeit covertly)  the most virulent form of racism ever invented,   had it not been for courageous blacks who challenged the white supremacist system in the 1950's and 60's , you wouldnt even have been able to boast about your trip to california as you would have been forced to work and live under a racially segregated system, so while you continue to live in denial why dont you take some time out to find out about the heroes who made sacrifices for the things you so blindly take forgranted today.

i know your job is your life and you probably seek solace in it from the racism you receive as a black woman in britain,  but beleive me there is more to life than working around the clock for white people.

And you still didn't ans the question. Oh well I guess you are just another bitter, insecure victim playing Nigerian resident in the UK running off your mouth. Solicitor? lol please pull the other one. You communicate like an irrational dustbin cart man and not like the educated Solicitor who practises British Law.

There are houses that in Peckham that are on the market for hundreds of thousands and if I really lived there I wouldn't be ashamed at all.

http://www.woosterstock.co.uk/sales.html?kw=se15
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by cap28: 8:44pm On May 30, 2010
AngieFan:

And you still didn't ans the question. Oh well I guess you are just another bitter, insecure victim playing Nigerian resident in the UK running off your mouth. Solicitor? lol please pull the other one. You communicate like an irrational dustbin cart man and not like the educated Solicitor who practises British Law.

There are houses that in Peckham that are on the market for hundreds of thousands and if I really lived there I wouldn't be ashamed at all.

http://www.woosterstock.co.uk/sales.html?kw=se15

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
ohh have i touched a nerve - does it upset you to know that im actually doing better than you the supposedly british born and bred black nigerian grin grin grin grin grin

the "fruitfully employed" individual who lives in peckham and works for a "global multinational" no YOU pull the other one, your story has more holes in it than a broken sieve - you make me laugh, if you cant deal with the fact that a nigerian who was raised in nigeria has been able to come here and overtake you then im afraid you're going to have to go and hang my friend.

so i communicate like a dustbin cart man - really and still I have been able to secure a better job than you in a country that you claim to have been "born and bred in", i wonder how i was able to swing that one, you who claim to speak the queen's english how far has it got you, arent you still trapped on an estate in peckham, if there's anyone here who sounds bitter i think its you my friend.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by cap28: 9:14pm On May 30, 2010
oh and by the way why bother showing me a link advertising OVERPRICED properties in Peckham, for that sort of money you could build 10 palatial mansions in nigeria with a tenth of that money, why would any one in their right mind go and buy a property in squalid Peckham for that sort of money - oh i forgot only "fruitfully employed" british born and bred black british women like yourself. I laugh i wan die grin grin grin grin
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by AngieFan(f): 9:34pm On May 30, 2010
Cap28, you are indeed a fool.

I don't live in Peckham but if it makes you happy then yes I live right next to Obalende Suya. grin Ain't no shame in my game. grin At least I am not a bitter unhappy defeatist victimized deluded i d i o t and make believe solicitor who has trouble spelling basic words and rationalising in a clear and concise manner. And you claim to practise British law? Please Dummy, continue taking your medication and stfu!
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by SEFAGO(m): 9:43pm On May 30, 2010
^ LOL, at the obalende suya spot. long tym i went there
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by cap28: 10:23pm On May 30, 2010
AngieFan:

Cap28, you are indeed a fool.

I don't live in Peckham but if it makes you happy then yes I live right next to Obalende Suya. grin Ain't no shame in my game. grin At least I am not a bitter unhappy defeatist victimized deluded i d i o t and make believe solicitor who has trouble spelling basic words and rationalising in a clear and concise manner. And you claim to practise British law? Please Dummy, continue taking your medication and stfu!

Angiefan let me say this very very slowly so that it will sink into your drug addled brain,  I am a solicitor okay and i know it kills you to think that someone like me could come to your beloved Engerland and do so much better than you but it is the truth, I am not an elitist and i am not a pretentious person infact it is because i am not an elitist  that i chose to practice criminal law and not a  financially lucrative area of law like M & A or corporate finance.  

If not that I am very concerned about my personal safety i would have given you my details proving that i am indeed a practicing solicitor registered with the law society, but Im unwilling to run the risk of putting myself in harms way  as I have no idea whether you are some unhinged nutcase and i will not play russian roulette with my life in order to prove a point.

If I were a defeatist as you say there is no way in hell that i could come to the UK and achieve what i have acheived in the face of so many obstacles, oh and by the way I also have a degree in Literature and Linguistics from a Nigerian university, just to give you some more sleepless nights, but hey, i digress,  Angie baby I am doing so much better than you okay but i dont shout it from the rooftops because i understand that individual success means nothing, if the majority of your people live in squalor and poverty, I  come from a comfortable middle class nigerian family where money has never been a problem and this is why I have always been concerned about the plight of the downtrodden man in society, unlike you whose focus in life is material acquisition mine is spiritual enlightenment and contentment.  I understand what your problem is - you are a wanna be, you desperately want acceptance from whites, and thats why you wear your british citizenship on your lapel like a medal, but ive got news for you, you will never be accepted by whites, they see you as a member of an alien race.  What you need to do now is develop some humility and start to learn more about your culture and your people because they are all you've got, believe  me when the chips are down no white person will come to your defense, it doesnt matter how well you speak the queen's english infact you can speak english with a (phony) upper middle class accent until the cows come home, you will forever remain a foreigner in this country, learn humility and you will see that things will change for you but continue in your delusional manner and life will continue to be difficult. good luck
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by mbulela: 1:50am On May 31, 2010
lady and gentleman (i choose to call you that irrespective of your childish antics),
Kindly put an end to this discussion.It was illuminating and educative when it started as one could see extreme view points.
At presents you folks are just pulling e-punch and e-slaps all over the place.
This is unbecoming for folks who have decent careers of any sort.
In summary: e don do.make una go rest.
fight dismissed.
I use God beg una.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by AngieFan(f): 5:46am On May 31, 2010
mbulela:

lady and gentleman (i choose to call you that irrespective of your childish antics),
Kindly put an end to this discussion.It was illuminating and educative when it started as one could see extreme view points.
At presents you folks are just pulling e-punch and e-slaps all over the place.
This is unbecoming for folks who have decent careers of any sort.
In summary: e don do.make una go rest.
fight dismissed.
I use God beg una.

Thanks Jare! I was getting tired of corresponding with Cap28 anyway. From now on I will ignore him so he can continue his racist vitriol and ignorance about Britain in peace. I just hope that he chooses to leave the country soon before he self explodes from all that bitterness and angry hate he has inside.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by tEsLim(m): 6:38am On May 31, 2010
LOL @ mortgage free house. Anyone got mortgage in naija? we all PAID CASH DOWN !!!! Brute CASH on car, house and other big purchases.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by Tcrack(m): 9:52am On May 31, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

if everyone is dressed casually in that club, i dont think i would need a suit and tie to get access just because i am black/brown.
the funniest part was that we were all dressed "fairly" the same yet, (1) i was the only one stopped!
and even if that was true, (2) a white person with the "wrong" dress code would still not be stopped. it has all to do with the fear of having people issue from the favelas in their establishment.

most Brazilians will say that there is no racism in Brazil but we all know that this aint true. . . . . . . . . especially when (3)schools today still teaches Brazilians that Blacks and indians had to be "civilized" but yet, are partly responsible for making Brazil what it is today. one of the problems unfortunately is also the many blacks who would tell you that everything is ok.

(4)anything associated with Blacks is looked down upon but yet many are big into i.e. many whites would say they dont follow the widely practiced UMBANDA/CANDOMBLE religion (roots in Benin, yoruba) but yet, secretely go and worship "la dona das almas" LOL!

1 it shows the problem is you not your skin colour
2 you are very very wrong about that. even in america, there are hotels you cannot enter without a jacket. if you like be as white as snow
3Africans and indians still need to be civilized. thats a fact. there is nothing racist about that.
4 you are obviously talking from assumptions not fact. you think this is nigeria where everybody claims born again? if a brisillian is an atheist, he will tell you he is an atheist.

just so you know more than 70% percent of eastern brasil(RIO, SAO PAULO, BAHIA, MINAS) is morena. tell me, who is going to descriminate againt who? abeg get byour facts right.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by Nobody: 10:39am On May 31, 2010
Tcrack:

1 it shows the problem is you not your skin colour

if it was then showing my passport wouldnt have solved the "problem".

2 you are very very wrong about that. even in america, there are hotels you cannot enter without a jacket. if you like be as white as snow

if everyone in this said hotel is entering with/wearing Ts and trainers then there is no reason for such policy.

3Africans and indians still need to be civilized. thats a fact. there is nothing racist about that.

we all know that during slavery days, Brazil was the biggest importer of slaves. the same slaves that were brought to the US are the ones that were shipped to Brazil and made what Brazil is today. if whiping someone to do all the work for free AND denying them of their human rights is called "to civilze someone" in your world then we dont have anything to discuss here.

4 you are obviously talking from assumptions not fact. you think this is nigeria where everybody claims born again? if a brisillian is an atheist, he will tell you he is an atheist.
ahahahahaha facts baby, facts! the story goes like this: gal is mixed race: father black mother white. father is a follower while mother says in front of most "white" people she knows that she wouldnt be caught dead worshiping "la dona das almas". . . . . . but secretely going undercover accompanied with other "discreet" white friends.
the cat got out the bag when daughter had enough of mother talk-trashing the religion in front of other white people and exposed her. but hey, probably they were the only one and i just happen to know the daughter!

just so you know more than 70% percent of eastern brasil(RIO, SAO PAULO, BAHIA, MINAS) is morena. tell me, who is going to descriminate againt who? abeg get byour facts right.

how many morenos do you have in higher society, government, Congress and top posts in the civil service and armed forces in the stated areas? do you think 70%? or maybe 50%? well why dont you try less than 10%!!!

if there was no discrimination in Brazil then there would be no need for affirmative action in universities/gov offices etc. . . . . . . . or are you saying that Lula was on crack and just decided to be extra kind to morenos!?
when was the last time you saw a black university professor in this country that has a nearly 50% black african decent population?
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by cap28: 11:29am On May 31, 2010
AngieFan:

Thanks Jare! I was getting tired of corresponding with Cap28 anyway. From now on I will ignore him so he can continue his racist vitriol and ignorance about Britain in peace. I just hope that he chooses to leave the country soon before he self explodes from all that bitterness and angry hate he has inside.

thats my girl, at least you have the common sense to know when you've been beaten, now crawl back into that your little squalid council flat in peckham and get back to watching your favourite programmes - MTV base, east enders and coronation street - anuofia!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Boko Haram Leader (shekau) Escapes Arrest In Kano •wife Arrested / Lagosians Spend N1bn On 'Owambe' Monthly / President Buhari Arrives Niger For ECOWAS Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 195
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.