Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,829 members, 7,837,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles (8736 Views)

Simon Ekpa Display Expended Bullets Captured From Nigeria Army 82 Division- Pics / Independent Marketers Begins Selling Of Petrol At ₦‎172 Per Litre / Soldiers Rescue 172 Students Abducted In Kaduna, 30 Still Missing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:51am On May 29, 2018
These northern chaps operate in 1218 not 2018

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by malware: 10:52am On May 29, 2018
CodeTemplar:
What is Zakat again? The plan of the northern elite is to maintain their exponential population through their own version of Islamic values and help secure the inflow of huge allocation to loot. The same population is being used to maintain their grip of power at the national level.

Be wise, stop using condoms and family plannings and grow your population exponentially, politics is a game of numbers. Who no know, no know oo.
Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by MDVCONSULTANTS: 10:53am On May 29, 2018
Mothers of orphans
Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by CodeTemplar: 10:56am On May 29, 2018
malware:

Be wise, stop using condoms and family plannings and grow your population exponentially, politics is a game of numbers. Who no know, no know oo.
Uneducated numbers can lead to low quality of life and poverty also. They have that in good measure.
Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by malware: 10:58am On May 29, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Uneducated numbers can lead to low quality of life and poverty also. They have that in good measure.

Yeah and we have power firmly in our possession too cheesy

Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by CodeTemplar: 11:02am On May 29, 2018
malware:

Yeah and we have power firmly in our possession too cheesy
Your problems are increase proportionately with your resource, is that really progress? Illiteracy is really bad.
Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by Nobody: 11:05am On May 29, 2018
Nice one
Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by trapQ: 11:05am On May 29, 2018
That epic video. I have watched it too
Daniel058:
Northerners still living in darkness because of Islam

Nothing good come from that religion..

Who watch that video where police shot a suicide bomber, and his fellow members of religion of peace started protesting that the police killed their innocent member, not knowing that some of the bomb are still tied to the man.., na so the thing blast kill many of them, "and there were shouting" Alah wakparula!!

Repent and leave that devils den.stop deceiving yourselves . JUST ASK YOURSELF, WHT good have islam brought to this world??

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by zuraking(m): 11:10am On May 29, 2018
North is our major problem in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by malware: 11:11am On May 29, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Your problems are increase proportionately with your resource, is that really progress? Illiteracy is really bad.

Illiteracy is bad, but helplessness surpasses it. I see your comments as mere rants of a helpless dude who cannot bail himself from a seemingly sorry situation. You have no option but to dance to our tune... We dictate how things are run, and that's how we roll cool

Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by adisabarber(m): 11:11am On May 29, 2018
Abbey2sam:
12,000 was given to the mothers of the orphan

ayam not understanding

I have read that part more than 5 times

1 Like

Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by FoolishBoy419: 11:15am On May 29, 2018
Paperwhite:
The sum of N2.7 billion has been spent on Zakkat and endowment in the last three years, Sokoto state government has disclosed just as 172 orphans have been given bicycles as part of measures to enable them acquire basic education with ease.
God abeg seperate Nigeria for us.Enough of this backwardness from a barbaric humanity I'm sharing national with. angry
So guess it's state generated revenue or from the FG

You that don't give out money what do you have to show for it? Imagine someone whose region burns suspected criminals alive talking barbarism.
Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by FoolishBoy419: 11:16am On May 29, 2018
Newpride:
It is finished for the northerners with this their religious fanatic and extremist life.
2.7bn wasted on such nonsense?
Worst is these spoilers who called themselves leaders send their own children to the best school in the best and conducive environment in the world while they turn other peoples’ to nothing.

What’s zakkat pls?

What has your state done with 2.7 billion?
Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by mu2sa2: 11:16am On May 29, 2018
Esseite:
N2.7Bn lets analyze the expenses;

- Bicycles to far schools but cant build closer schools
- 9100 bags of grains and clothing material but no vocational centres to train for continuation.
- Money for orphans and destitutes but no Jobs
- Diabetes patient to receive N5k plus food but no hospitals

Now Sokoto's IGR is N4.5bn, N2.7bn can be estimated as 50% of the states IGR.. See for yourselves how its spent.

Think Nigeria, Be wise..

In your state just one person could embezzle the whole money. Mark you this is endowment, not necessarily govt money. The money comes from different sources including donations. Looking at the distribution, it is all to charitable causes, complying with the established requirements of helping the needy and alleviating suffering.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by CodeTemplar: 11:16am On May 29, 2018
malware:

Illiteracy is bad, but helplessness surpasses it. I see your comments as mere rants of a helpless dude who cannot bail himself from a seemingly sorry situation. You have no option but to dance to our tune... We dictate how things are run, and that's how we roll cool
I know better.
Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by Nobody: 11:22am On May 29, 2018
mu2sa2:
In your state just one person would have embezzled the money. Mark you this is endowment, not necessarily govt money.

Endowment?.... from what source? N2.7BN from charity?

Its not my state or your state issue, its a Nigerian issue and the way politicians are swindling us.

But you are already bringing the fight to me rather than the politicians.
Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by malware: 11:26am On May 29, 2018
CodeTemplar:
I know better.

Better for you... No more bashing of North without reply.

Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by Omooba77: 11:29am On May 29, 2018
SkydaDGreat:
12000 given to the mother of each orphans
Do orphans have mothers.
Who are we decieving here

Nigeria I hail thee
Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by CodeTemplar: 11:33am On May 29, 2018
malware:

Better for you... No more bashing of North without reply.
Illiteracy is the ultimate form of helplessness I can help myself to a better life with my knowledge but illiterate especially those up north are stuck with their govt. It is a vicious cycle.
Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by timstone(m): 11:33am On May 29, 2018
Esseite:

- 9100 bags of grains and clothing material but no vocational centres to train for continuation.

Now Sokoto's IGR is N4.5bn, N2.7bn can be estimated as 50% of the states IGR.. See for yourselves how its spent.

Think Nigeria, Be wise..

some useless and senseless Nigerians are saying they want tambuwal to be our president because he us young
Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by Nobody: 11:34am On May 29, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:
Which one is zakkat again?

That's how they waste scarce resources in the Islamic arewa Republic
Is it your money or your fathers?
Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by Jackipapa: 11:35am On May 29, 2018
Is it not Haram for a muslim lady to ride bicycle?

Boko Haram will soon take over the bicycles!
Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by mu2sa2: 11:42am On May 29, 2018
Esseite:

Endowment?.... from what source? N2.7BN from charity?

Its not my state or your state issue, its a Nigerian issue and the way politicians are swindling us.

But you are already bringing the fight to me rather than the politicians.
Don't forget that this is zakat money. Zakat is a religious tax which every Muslim irrespective of age or status must pay from his asset, subject to possessing the minimum threshold. This govt agency is only a collection/distribution body of the zakat. Because zakat is distributed to a certain set of needy/poor people many zakat payers simply give theirs to standing bodies like this agency to handle the distribution to the deserving individuals/ institutions. Similar bodies both govt and private- run exist in all Muslim communities across the globe.

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by malware: 11:43am On May 29, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Illiteracy is the ultimate form of helplessness [s]I can help myself to a better life with my knowledge but illiterate especially those up north are stuck with their govt[/s][s][/s]. It is a vicious cycle.

If you cannot muster strength to change the status quo, sorry you're helpless. You can't tell me that you're satisfied with the current situation of the country, and that you don't have the desire to have things changed, same as your teeming kinsmen of southern extraction.

But your inability to effect such change is the height of helplessness. However, the so called illiterates can achieve same over a cup of coffee.... What a strong illiterate population grin

Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by Olukat(m): 11:47am On May 29, 2018
How much come touch fathers of orphan na? shocked shocked
To think that 'this poo is coming from Gov. Tambulwa government eeh
Who do Nigeria this thing o?
Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by vineyardfarms: 11:49am On May 29, 2018
Esseite:

Think Nigeria, Be wise..

THANK YOU FOR THE OBSERVATION, THE LEVEL OF STUPIDITY OF THE STATE GOVERNOR AND THE LAW MAKERS. ONE OF PA AWO VISSION WAS TO BRING EDUCATION CLOSER TO THE PEOPLE. THIS GOVERNOR SCHOOL ABROARD YET COULD NOT REPLICATE BUT STILL KEEPING THE PEOPLE IN DARKNESS.
Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by edrys(m): 11:50am On May 29, 2018
It's quite easy for you guys to point at the major religion been practised in the Northern part of Nigeria. Let me ask you guys, is it not the same religion that is been practised in Saudi, Dubai, Qatar and others. The problem is not the religion but the leaders who have continued to impoverish their people under the guise of Religion. You all should stop been hypocrite and be objective when discussing issues like this.
Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by mu2sa2: 11:53am On May 29, 2018
SkydaDGreat:
12000 given to the mother of each orphans
Do orphans have mothers.
Who are we decieving here
I cant believe that the standard of education in the south has fallen so abysmally!
Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by Nobody: 11:55am On May 29, 2018
mu2sa2:
Don't forget that this is zakat money. Zakat is a religious tax which every Muslim irrespective of age or status must pay from his asset, subject to possessing the minimum threshold. This govt agency is only a collection/distribution body of the zakat. Because zakat is distributed to a certain set of needy/poor people many zakat payers simply give theirs to standing bodies like this agency to handle the distribution to the deserving individuals/ institutions. Similar bodies both govt and private- run exist in all Muslim communities across the globe.

But you agree it could have been spent better while the ripple effect would see the citizens benefitting much more generation after generation..

Imagine a standard hospital with free medical care?
Imagine a standard road connecting the villages?
Imagine water free flowing at the turn of every tap?
Imagine low cost houses given a very low cost?
Imagine free vocational centres to learn?

Just imagine brother, we deserve better..
Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by peacechild(f): 12:04pm On May 29, 2018
if this amount is appropriated to the Moslem as tithe from govt to the less privilege what about the indigenous Christians how will the governor give them their our portion of the govt tithe(zakkat). This so because all the northern states have indigenous Christians.
Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by juniorV5(m): 12:05pm On May 29, 2018
Re: Sokoto: N2.7 Billion Expended On Zakkat, 172 Orphaned Pupils Get Bicycles by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 29, 2018
trapQ:
That epic video. I have watched it too

pls pls help with the link to the video

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Now Ex Governor Emeka Ihedioha Weeps As He Is Removed From Office. Pic / Kayode Fayemi Denies Selling State Lodge In Abuja / Nnamdi Kanu Condemns Those Protesting For End SARS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.