Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

***Factory Tour*** ROBINSON HELICOPTER COMPANY - TORRANCE, CALIFORNIA - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / ***Factory Tour*** ROBINSON HELICOPTER COMPANY - TORRANCE, CALIFORNIA (2578 Views)

2011 Ferrari California SOLD / Made In Mbase Helicopter.. (see Photo) / 2000 California Benz C280 1.6 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

***Factory Tour*** ROBINSON HELICOPTER COMPANY - TORRANCE, CALIFORNIA by KunleA2(m): 6:40am On May 28, 2010
Growing up, I was privileged to be up close and personal with[size=14pt] late CHIEF OBAFEMI AWOLOWO’S[/size] helicopter during his campaign stop in my town in 1979.

It was a brick red/Orange Bell Helicopter. As a kid, my imagination can’t stop running since then. How will it be to fly one of these? Pretty cool I can imagine. Owning one will be OUTSTANDING!

Thanks to the generosity of the folks at [size=14pt]Robinson Helicopter Company, Torrance, California,[/size] I was able to attend the factory tour today May 27, 2010 to see how the Helicopter is actually made.

The production and assembly floor are not allowed to be photographed (for obvious reasons) but we were generously conducted round the facility and we get to see first hand on how these beautiful machines were made.

Electrical Dept., Paint, Fabrication, Assembly were covered generously. The Helicopter does not have many parts, however, the attention to detail and strict quality guidelines is mind boggling. It was a marvelous experience. 

[size=18pt]Zero fail is the goal. No room for error.[/size]

[size=16pt]                              WWW.ROBINSONHELI.COM[/size]

Re: ***Factory Tour*** ROBINSON HELICOPTER COMPANY - TORRANCE, CALIFORNIA by KunleA2(m): 6:56am On May 28, 2010
The Helicopters will be finished without paint and other necessary customization. Most of these Helicopters are used for police patrol and news coverage. So the features required and painting will be different. Also, there are various private company/individual like the electric company (used to repair very tall high voltage power lines).

Air Conditioning, Leather seats, Custom Audio Systems, Carpeting, Decors, Woodgrain etc are various custom options that can be ordered as per customer specification.

That is why it is all completed "Bare-Bone" and finished when the customer orders it.

Re: ***Factory Tour*** ROBINSON HELICOPTER COMPANY - TORRANCE, CALIFORNIA by KunleA2(m): 6:59am On May 28, 2010
[size=18pt]In 2008, Robinson Helicopter Company made about 800 Helicopters with about 70% sold outside the US.[/size]

Re: ***Factory Tour*** ROBINSON HELICOPTER COMPANY - TORRANCE, CALIFORNIA by KunleA2(m): 7:07am On May 28, 2010
[size=14pt]In 2008, there is about a year of waiting list to get delivery of a pre-order. Now because of slowdown, it is possible to get one finished within 60 days or less depending on the features. There are finished Helicopter ready. All that need to be done is paint and finish.[/size]

Re: ***Factory Tour*** ROBINSON HELICOPTER COMPANY - TORRANCE, CALIFORNIA by KunleA2(m): 7:08am On May 28, 2010
more

Re: ***Factory Tour*** ROBINSON HELICOPTER COMPANY - TORRANCE, CALIFORNIA by KunleA2(m): 7:10am On May 28, 2010
[size=14pt]Each Craft is tested for about 4 Hours before delivery.[/size]

Re: ***Factory Tour*** ROBINSON HELICOPTER COMPANY - TORRANCE, CALIFORNIA by KunleA2(m): 7:11am On May 28, 2010
more

Re: ***Factory Tour*** ROBINSON HELICOPTER COMPANY - TORRANCE, CALIFORNIA by KunleA2(m): 7:14am On May 28, 2010
[size=14pt]Now you know. Thanks for looking.[/size]

Re: ***Factory Tour*** ROBINSON HELICOPTER COMPANY - TORRANCE, CALIFORNIA by dustydee: 8:48am On May 28, 2010
looks more like a chopper to me.nice pictures.
Re: ***Factory Tour*** ROBINSON HELICOPTER COMPANY - TORRANCE, CALIFORNIA by Onwan: 10:44am On May 28, 2010
@Kunle-A
Thanks for the enlightenment. I've never really seen these things this new.

Thanks for the pricing too. It will be a smart move worth considering to have a fleet for transportation business. I only wonder if one can get good hands to handle the servicing here in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

SOLD SOLD SOLD.2003 Model Kia Sorento Forsale,veryclean / Clean 2003 Hyundai Sonata for just 980k / * * *classy Toks 2011 Camry Full Options (3.750m ) And 09 Accord (2.7m)... Mad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.