Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,087 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

President Muhammadu Buhari's Anti-corruption Fight - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Muhammadu Buhari's Anti-corruption Fight (231 Views)

Nigeria Slightly Improves On Corruption Fight; Ranks 144th – Transparency Intern / Akpabio’s Defection Puts Buhari’s Anti-corruption War Under The Spotlight / Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari's Anti-corruption Fight by aprokomag: 5:40pm On May 28, 2018
Let's broaden our opinion on what corruption truly means and what it's all about. Corruption has been the most spoken dictionary word in our country Nigeria since 2014. This is not surprising, considering the fact that it also happens to be the favorite word (or perhaps only word) our incumbent president finds comfort in pronouncing.
Follow me as we dissect, pinpoint and bisect the true meaning of corruption, and at the end of the day, liken it to integrity and also the "Mr Integrity" we have in our country Nigeria.
Sometime in 2014, when the then president Jonathan tried to explain to us that "stealing isn't all that corruption is about" we all took it out of context and bashed him for saying "stealing is not corruption" but 3 years down the line, I now have a vivid understanding that of a truth, stealing is only a tiny and insignificant fragment of the word corruption.
I came to this realisation by learning the hard way from this present administration and by studying the character of "Mr integrity". Permit me to say that corruption is perhaps the word with the broadest definition in the dictionary. I say this because all the sins of man can be likened and described as corruption. Now, can anyone of us honestly single out a word from the dictionary that can be used to sum up the numerous sins of man? Believe me, that word has to be corruption. Permit me to outline a few, out of the numerous sins of "Mr integrity " in a bid to expose his lack of integrity and corrupt lifestyle with the hope of at least changing some myopic and sycophantic mindsets who have narrowed down corruption to stealing alone.
A man who lies, is classified and being corrupt and therefore lacks integrity. (Mr integrity, show us your WAEC certificate). Hiring Numerous SANS to defend you when you are suppose to present your WAEC certificate is corruption.
A man who is nepotistic in his appointments is classified as being corrupt and therefore lacks integrity. Mr integrity, show us the men heading all the security apparatus of this country under your administration and lets see if you are really patriotic as you claim.
A man who walks in the counsel of the ungodly, also has in himself ungodliness. (Mr integrity, show us your political allies and let's be the judge. The likes of Rotimi Amaechi, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, David Babachair Lawal and others are your political allies and as matter of fact, they are wines and dines with you.
Read more on http://www.aprokomag.com.ng/2018/05/opinion-on-president-muhammadu-buharis.html

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Manmen / Democracy Day: Dr. Ikpeazu Presents Scorecard, Affirm Consented Efforts Towards / Five Similarities Between Buhari’s 2016 Vs 2018 Democracy Day Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.