Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) (145453 Views)

Nigeria Vs Saudi Arabia: Int'l Friendly (2 - 1) On 13th October 2023 / Ukraine Vs Nigeria: International Friendly (2- 2) Full Time / Argentina Vs Nigeria: International Friendly - 2 - 4 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Wellets50(m): 1:36pm On Jun 02, 2018
England to win 3-0 Easy Game for England team Good luck UK.
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by oooduancalmdown: 1:36pm On Jun 02, 2018
Nigeria will be 'kaned' today. Up England!
4-1 to England
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by CYBERWEAVER(m): 1:36pm On Jun 02, 2018
bet9ja database has fault right now. . .
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by goodyvin02(m): 1:41pm On Jun 02, 2018
it's very cold here in England

2 Likes

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Tajbol4splend(m): 1:41pm On Jun 02, 2018
AgamaProf:
Nigeria will shock england....

There aint no shock, Nigeria better than them

1 Like

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Tonymegabush1(m): 1:41pm On Jun 02, 2018
I see a draw a game 2-2 correct score and steering to score stake 1k Tnk me leta cool
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by spartan117(m): 1:47pm On Jun 02, 2018
AgamaProf:
Nigeria will shock england....
If Nigeria beats England it won't be a shock

3 Likes

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Loyalblak007(f): 1:48pm On Jun 02, 2018
Go Eagles! cheesy
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by obinna58(m): 1:53pm On Jun 02, 2018
AFTER watching Nigeria vs Congo and France vs itay I was shocked even miracle cannot save us, french boys will mean business and we will never escape them if eventually we luckily qualifies ahead of Croatia
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by spartan117(m): 1:56pm On Jun 02, 2018
phreakabit:

Based on the obvious fact, that we still do not have a proper LB, I suggest we play this formation, similar to what Tuchell did with BVB.

Pros:
We flood the midfield
Start our strongest 11
Press hard and fast due to densely populated midfield
2 attackers in the box.

Cons:

Unsure if Moses would work as hard as he does for Chelsea, faced with the task of playing as a winger and wing back at the same time.
Unsure if Iwobi or Musa can replicate what is expected of Moses on the other wing.
Unsure if Onazi or Ogu can press as hard as is expected of the DM in this formation.

Alternatively a 4-2-3-1 Christmas tree formation would be a good move too.
The formation looks solid wink
To combat some of the cons I'll suggest using ndidi in DM role he's a known fighter, and then pair mikel with etebo in the midfield, etebo will provide the energy and work rate necessary to play the high pressing game. But onazi should not be anywhere close to the starting XI or even the stadium angry
One more thing, moses Simon would have been ideal for the left flank in this formation, iwobi is too slow and sometimes lazy and musa has been out of form for such a long time in fact I don't know why he's Still in the team. I just hope Simon can recover in time

1 Like

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by kstyle2(m): 1:59pm On Jun 02, 2018
Line up has been released

Francis Uzoho ( GK)
Leon Balogun
William Troost-Ekong
Sheu Abdulahi
Bryan Idowu
Ogenyi Onazi
Mikel Obi
Joel Obi
Victor Moses
Odion Ighalo
Alex Iwobi
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 02, 2018
livestream for free at nairatv.com homepage Eng vs Nig stream opens by 5pm
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by kstyle2(m): 2:28pm On Jun 02, 2018
Maybe I'm just being patriotic but I keep having this nagging feeling that super eagles will exceed expectations
For the friendly, i want to see beautiful football, i want to see our defence tested by one of the best striker in the world (kane), if we do concede, i want to us fight to equalise or probably win, if we get a man red-carded, i want to see us maintain our shape and not crumble. I want to see our goal keeper command his area and organize his defence. All these will prep us for the world cup.
All in all, i wish the super eagles a fantastic and record breaking performance at the world cup

3 Likes

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 02, 2018
SoNature:

This match was played in the morning and it made me get to school late.

And I received strokes of cane from my ruthless master for it grin

You are right
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by labanj1(m): 2:32pm On Jun 02, 2018
Xmen149:

mind you,all the listed mid fielders are either natural CM or DM there is always a large gap btw attack and midfield,. all we need is a fast,creative guy that can drop deep to collect ball then initiate attack and follow it also quickly return when the ball is loss...

now go watch our past games ...
This shows you watched previous games. I just laugh when I see folks who probably saw just one friendly match and then begin to say one player is this and that.
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 02, 2018
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by spartan117(m): 2:34pm On Jun 02, 2018
KK50:

But England will embarrass Nigeria on the second.

Nigeria should try and reduce the number of goals. You dont have the players to do well at the world cup. Do you agree?

You were awful against Poland...you were just lucky. Against Serbia, you were dreadful. Even at home, Congo nearly rained on your parade.

What chances do you have against England who taught you football?

Ans----None.

Rashford will outpace and embarrass your old men. England goalie will be on holiday on the 2nd of June.
What is this foreigner doing on nairaland Seun Lalasticlala mynd44 we have a spy amongst us shocked
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 02, 2018
Let's go there.
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by ManBeast: 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2018
Naija will win this match, MOSES will make the BLUE fans proud.

2 Likes

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by tochyano2: 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2018
Nigeria 2:1England. Take note.sure banker grin
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by spartan117(m): 2:53pm On Jun 02, 2018
KK50:

But England will embarrass Nigeria on the second.

Nigeria should try and reduce the number of goals. You dont have the players to do well at the world cup. Do you agree?

You were awful against Poland...you were just lucky. Against Serbia, you were dreadful. Even at home, Congo nearly rained on your parade.

What chances do you have against England who taught you football?

Ans----None.

Rashford will outpace and embarrass your old men. England goalie will be on holiday on the 2nd of June.
You registered on this forum on may 30th just for the sole purpose of insulting the super Eagles and Nigerians in general. I don't care to know where you come from but you need to take a chill pill, relax, enjoy the beautiful game! At the end of the day it's meant for relaxation and enjoyment, no point getting worked up over it undecided

1 Like

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by LZAA: 3:05pm On Jun 02, 2018
robosky02:
England vs Nigeria

Date: 2 june 2018
Venue: Wembly stadium
Time: 5pm

http://www.wembleystadium.com/Events/2018/England-v-Nigeria/England-v-Nigeria
1-1 draw
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by DjHypno(m): 3:16pm On Jun 02, 2018
Which TV station will be showing it live?

1 Like

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by Naturalobserver(m): 3:42pm On Jun 02, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Sure loss for Nigeria.

England is playing at home, Nigerian players are whack and Britain colonized Nigeria; so it will be very disrespectful for the Super Eagles to even attempt to score them.
hmmmmm
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by ehispapa(m): 3:43pm On Jun 02, 2018
i feel england will embarrass Nigeria
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by tonididdy(m): 4:01pm On Jun 02, 2018
Here in England we ready

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by chysam: 4:02pm On Jun 02, 2018
KingsizeD:
My very first FTC since being on NL , wanted to dedicate it to Buhari back to Daura but he oozes of badluck so I'm dedicating it to all IPOB worldwide, The sun must surely set forth at dawn. Goodluck Super Chickens grin

Abeg your codeine remain?,e get one IPOB girl who need am before I f...k am.
That is the condition she gave me.
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by jammer777: 4:06pm On Jun 02, 2018
kstyle2:
Line up has been released

Francis Uzoho ( GK)
Leon Balogun
William Troost-Ekong
Sheu Abdulahi
Bryan Idowu
Ogenyi Onazi
Mikel Obi
Joel Obi
Victor Moses
Odion Ighalo
Alex Iwobi

Team formation.

1 Like

Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by injurybaba(m): 4:08pm On Jun 02, 2018
Am not leaving this place today o, till match finish
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by jaymejate: 4:12pm On Jun 02, 2018
Already sitting down waiting
Re: England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) by jaymejate: 4:16pm On Jun 02, 2018
jammer777:

Team formation.
Killer formation. We stand a chance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (59) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - 1 - 0 (Full Time) / Did You Notice This Lady During Nigeria Vs Iceland Game? / Congo Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers (0 - 2) ON 15th November 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.