Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Student Given New Car After Seen Walking To Catch Bus To Graduation (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Student Given New Car After Seen Walking To Catch Bus To Graduation (Photos) (2339 Views)

Covenant Polytechnic Student Dies In Accident After Graduation (Photos) / Lady Who Turned A Stripper To Pay Her School Fees Celebrates Graduation (Photos) / Ignatius Ajuru University Girls Twerk Hard During Graduation (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Student Given New Car After Seen Walking To Catch Bus To Graduation (Photos) by BrainnewsRadio(f): 10:43am On May 29, 2018
An Alabama student has been given the gift of a car after pictures of him walking to catch a bus to his high school graduation went viral.

According to Daily Independent, thousands of messages praising the determination of Corey Patrick came in from across the U.S. after a local bus driver DeJuanna Beasely posted photos of the teenager to Facebook.

Patrick, a graduate of Tarrant High School, had been making the same 90-minute journey all the way through his final year after his family – who do not own a car – moved out of the area.

But Patrick was adamant that he wanted to graduate with his friends.

“I had to do what was necessary for me to walk this year,” he told local news outlet WBRC.

His mother Felicia White said the rest of his family managed to get to the school in time for his graduation and that she was “proud” of her son.

“Corey was getting up at 4.30 in the morning and had to be at the bus stop at 5.41 in the morning for the last year,” Ms White said. She added that the outpouring of support for her son and herself was beyond the family’s wildest expectations and that she wanted to say “thank you” to those who had sent messages.

Radio host Rickey Smiley, who has a show broadcast on Birmingham, Alabama station 95.7 Jamz, heard Patrick’s story and invited him into studio.

“I need you to go and get your driver’s license. We’re going to buy you a car,” Smiley told Patrick, before handing over the new car the next day.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjNKjkYn9MT/

Patrick has also received a number of university scholarship opportunities in the wake of viral success of the pictures.

“It means everything to me,” a clearly-overwhelmed Patrick told TV station CBS 42 while sitting in his car, adding that he had “no idea” his story would prove so popular.

Checkout The Photos Below:

Source: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/student-given-new-car-after-seen-walking-to-catch-bus-to-graduation/

Lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Given New Car After Seen Walking To Catch Bus To Graduation (Photos) by BrainnewsRadio(f): 10:43am On May 29, 2018
Re: Student Given New Car After Seen Walking To Catch Bus To Graduation (Photos) by Anigreat: 10:54am On May 29, 2018
shocked

I trekked also to my graduation when i was in primary school, alot of people sees me and none surprised me with even bicycle. God punished them all.

2 Likes

Re: Student Given New Car After Seen Walking To Catch Bus To Graduation (Photos) by malificent(f): 10:54am On May 29, 2018
Good people still exist..

Kindness pays off. Sometimes it's not immediate, but it's a certainty.

1 Like

Re: Student Given New Car After Seen Walking To Catch Bus To Graduation (Photos) by blakid(m): 11:20am On May 29, 2018
I knew it can never happen here.
i didn't state any place ooo.
Re: Student Given New Car After Seen Walking To Catch Bus To Graduation (Photos) by DIKEnaWAR: 11:31am On May 29, 2018
Chai! Oyibo people. grin grin

Come to Nigeria and see so many people climbing rocks, trees and backs of crocodiles just to get to school. Our leaders here compensate us by telling us that "in my time it wasn't like this. Things were better" Oloshi !

6 Likes

Re: Student Given New Car After Seen Walking To Catch Bus To Graduation (Photos) by mammanbawa: 12:08pm On May 29, 2018
We see determined youths abroad getting rewarded on a daily
Our youths fa?
Re: Student Given New Car After Seen Walking To Catch Bus To Graduation (Photos) by EmmySparky(m): 2:23pm On May 29, 2018
wats so special...come to 9ja and see people hawking before going for their graduation...here people trek scary distances to school on their graduation day...he even get money for transport sef

2 Likes

Re: Student Given New Car After Seen Walking To Catch Bus To Graduation (Photos) by ramdris(m): 4:35pm On May 29, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

I trekked also to my graduation when i was in primary school, alot of people sees me and none surprised me with even bicycle. God punished them all.

Wetin ur Papa and Mama dey do wey u want other pple folks to help u: Olee!
Re: Student Given New Car After Seen Walking To Catch Bus To Graduation (Photos) by itiswellandwell: 10:09pm On May 29, 2018
That's just it. Determination yield nothing but success and if you play your card well, it will be successes.
Re: Student Given New Car After Seen Walking To Catch Bus To Graduation (Photos) by daslad(f): 10:23pm On May 29, 2018
Re: Student Given New Car After Seen Walking To Catch Bus To Graduation (Photos) by boolet: 10:51pm On May 29, 2018
Anigreat:
shocked

cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Student Given New Car After Seen Walking To Catch Bus To Graduation (Photos) by StarUp: 6:51am On May 30, 2018
God at work...just hold on!!!
Re: Student Given New Car After Seen Walking To Catch Bus To Graduation (Photos) by CarGuideNG: 6:57am On May 30, 2018
Brilliant.

(1) (Reply)

Withheld Result As A Result Of Lateness / Pass Your Ielts Test Once! / Unisa Top Up Degree Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.