Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,487 members, 7,770,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:00 AM

Moses, Balogun, Rohr, Oshoala Win At 2017/2018 Nigeria Pitch Awards - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Moses, Balogun, Rohr, Oshoala Win At 2017/2018 Nigeria Pitch Awards (11958 Views)

Moses, Oshoala Win At The Nigerian Sports Awards 2017. See List Of Winners. / Paris Saint Germain Player Salaries 2017/2018 (Highest Wage Bill In the World) / Chelsea Players Salaries 2017-2018 (Player Contracts Revealed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moses, Balogun, Rohr, Oshoala Win At 2017/2018 Nigeria Pitch Awards by odun360(m): 4:22pm On May 29, 2018
http://www.reportminds.com/2018/05/moses-balogun-rohr-oshoala-win-at.html?m=1

Super Eagles quartet; Victor Moses, Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Leon Balogun and Wilfred Ndidi, as well as Gernot Rohr and Super Falcons striker Asisat Oshoala were all award recipients at 2017/2018 Nigeria Pitch Awards.

The fifth edition of the Nigeria Pitch Awards took place at the Le Meridien Ogeyi Place in Port Harcourt on Monday after the Super Eagles friendly match against Democratic Republic of Congo which ended 1-1.

Moses who did not play in the friendly against DR Congo, won the award for the King of the Pitch category, while Ezenwa won the Goalkeeper of the Year. Defender of the Year went to Balogun, and Ndidi was awarded Midfielder of the Year.

Rohr was awarded with Achievement in Football Award, while Oshoala was recieved the Queen of the Pitch award.

In other awards that were given out, last season’s NPFL top scorer, Anthony Okpotu of Lobi Stars won the Nigeria Professional Football League Most Valubale Player and Striker of the Year. Nigeria fast rising women star Rasheedat Ajibade got the award for Nigeria Women’s Football League (NWFL).

Kennedy Boboye of Plateau United won the Coach of the Year award, while Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) President, Amaju Melvin Pinnick, received the Sam Okwaraji Award for Commitment to Nigerian Football.

Other categories of awards given out the deserving winners included Club/Team of the Year, Referee of the Year, Corporate Sponsor of Football award, State With the Best Grassroots Development Programme, Football Friendly Governor, Football Journalist of the Year (Print), Football Journalist of the Year (radio), Football Journalist of the Year (TV), Special Achievement in Football award and Achievement in Football award which was given out to three recipients.

2017/2018 Nigeria Pitch Awards Winners

GOALKEEPER OF THE YEAR -Ikechukwu Ezenwa (Ifeanyi Ubah FC)

DEFENDER OF THE YEAR – Leon Balogun (FSV Mainz 05)

MIDFIELDER OF THE YEAR – Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City FC)

STRIKER OF THE YEAR – Anthony Okpotu (Lobi Stars FC)

MVP (MEN) IN THE NPFL – Anthony Okpotu (Lobi Stars FC)

MVP (WOMEN) IN THE NWFL – Rasheedat Ajibade (FC Robo)

COACH OF THE YEAR – Kennedy Boboye (Plateau United)

CLUB/TEAM OF THE YEAR – Plateau United FC

REFEREE OF THE YEAR – Ferdinand Udoh

STATE WITH THE BEST GRASSROOTS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME – Lagos State

FOOTBALL FRIENDLY GOVERNOR OF THE YEAR – His Excellency Emmanuel Udom (Akwa Ibom State)

SAM OKWARAJI AWARD FOR COMMITMENT TO NIGERIAN FOOTBALL – Amaju Melvin Pinnick (President, NFF)

CORPORATE SPONSOR OF FOOTBALL AWARD – Aiteo Group

FOOTBALL JOURNALIST OF THE YEAR (PRINT) – Tana Aiyejina (Punch Newspapers)

FOOTBALL JOURNALIST OF THE YEAR (RADIO) – Olawale Adigun Top Radio FM

FOOTBALL JOURNALIST OF THE YEAR (TV) – Austin Okon-Akpan (Channels TV)

QUEEN OF THE PITCH – Asisat Oshoala (Dalian Quanjian)

KING OF THE PITCH – Victor Moses (Chelsea FC)

1. His Excellency Nyeson Ezenwo Wike, Governor of Rivers State- Special Achievement in Football Award

2. Gernot Rohr – Achievement in Football Award

3. Aisha Falode – Achievement in Football Award

4. Channels Kids Cup – Achievement in Football AwardEnglish Premier League side Chelsea have questioned the penalty decision awarded against Nigeria in their 1-1 draw with Democratic Republic of Congo in an international friendly in Port Harcourt on Monday evening.

Ghana referee Issaka Afful pointed to the spot and issued a yellow card to left-back Ola Aina for fouling Issama Mpeko, however, television replays show the offense was committed outside the box.

Apart from Ola Aina being monitored, Chelsea had interest in this game because Kenneth Omeruo also figured for the Super Eagles, while their first-teamer Victor Moses and ex-player Obi Mikel are part of Nigeria's preliminary roster for the World Cup.

Reviewing the friendly between Nigeria and DR Congo, Chelsea stated on their official webpage : ''In Africa, Nigeria drew 1-1 in a home friendly against Congo.

''Victor Moses was not involved but Ola Aina and Kenneth Omeruo came off the bench for the Super Eagles, who are in a tough group at the World Cup alongside Argentina, Croatia and Iceland.

''William Troost-Ekong gave Nigeria the lead but a penalty harshly awarded against Aina late on levelled the scores up in Port Harcourt. Nigeria play England at Wembley on Saturday. ''

Former England U19 skipper Ola Aina won his fourth cap for the Super Eagles in yesterday's game.

Cc lalasticlala

Re: Moses, Balogun, Rohr, Oshoala Win At 2017/2018 Nigeria Pitch Awards by myproperty(m): 4:33pm On May 29, 2018
Leon Balogun best Nigerian defender? I thought Ekong is. Well may be they saw and know what I don't.

5 Likes

Re: Moses, Balogun, Rohr, Oshoala Win At 2017/2018 Nigeria Pitch Awards by Jamaticulus(m): 4:53pm On May 29, 2018
Troost.....

Nice one Olawale Omo Adigun....I dey gbadun you lori Tohpuu Raaaydiooo!!

2 Likes

Re: Moses, Balogun, Rohr, Oshoala Win At 2017/2018 Nigeria Pitch Awards by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 29, 2018
So Junior Lokosa no win anything, well, his time would come some day. Why would Moses even be King of the Pitch over Lokosa who has scored 18goals in 21 matches? Naija matter just weak me asswear.
Also, my friend and service mate , media officer of Ifeanyi Uba FC HRM Olowookere would one day get his accolades. Na him contribute to my exit from FB, he can soo fill up the timeline with NPFL news ehn, the tin weak me.
Re: Moses, Balogun, Rohr, Oshoala Win At 2017/2018 Nigeria Pitch Awards by frankmelv(m): 4:55pm On May 29, 2018
Ndidi's look is evil

1 Like

Re: Moses, Balogun, Rohr, Oshoala Win At 2017/2018 Nigeria Pitch Awards by Adefemiaderoju1: 4:59pm On May 29, 2018
Congratulations to you all, well I do hope you Guys would make us proud in the world cup.
Re: Moses, Balogun, Rohr, Oshoala Win At 2017/2018 Nigeria Pitch Awards by oshe11: 5:05pm On May 29, 2018
Abeg Rohr said he would remove 5 players from the squad after yesterday's match......

Who he don remove?

Abi na only Davido, Tiwa, BBN, Buhari and co nai our bloggers know?
Re: Moses, Balogun, Rohr, Oshoala Win At 2017/2018 Nigeria Pitch Awards by Lanre4uonly(m): 5:09pm On May 29, 2018
Congratulations to them.
Re: Moses, Balogun, Rohr, Oshoala Win At 2017/2018 Nigeria Pitch Awards by NaughtyDiamond(m): 5:21pm On May 29, 2018
Congratulations to them.
Meanwhile, Leon Balogun wore a short to an Awards show. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Moses, Balogun, Rohr, Oshoala Win At 2017/2018 Nigeria Pitch Awards by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 29, 2018
Good choices although the awards look like kobo kobo awards.
Re: Moses, Balogun, Rohr, Oshoala Win At 2017/2018 Nigeria Pitch Awards by Destin47(m): 5:32pm On May 29, 2018
Congratulations to them
Re: Moses, Balogun, Rohr, Oshoala Win At 2017/2018 Nigeria Pitch Awards by Outofsync(m): 5:58pm On May 29, 2018
EsotericMonk:
So Junior Lokosa no win anything, well, his time would come some day. Why would Moses even be King of the Pitch over Lokosa who has scored 18goals in 21 matches? Naija matter just weak me asswear.
Also, my friend and service mate , media officer of Ifeanyi Uba FC HRM Olowookere would one day get his accolades. Na him contribute to my exit from FB, he can soo fill up the timeline with NPFL news ehn, the tin weak me.

You should know by now those awards always go to international players, especially those playing in the premier league. And to be fair to them, can that same lokosa score those goals against a fairly good league??
Re: Moses, Balogun, Rohr, Oshoala Win At 2017/2018 Nigeria Pitch Awards by MusicSots: 6:03pm On May 29, 2018
Ekong over Balogun any day.
Re: Moses, Balogun, Rohr, Oshoala Win At 2017/2018 Nigeria Pitch Awards by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 29, 2018
Outofsync:

You should know by now those awards always go to international players, especially those playing in the premier league. And to be fair to them, can that same lokosa score those goals against a fairly good league??
Not saying Moses didn't try but recognising how hard it is to consistently score goals in our PL , Lokosa deserves some accolades. But for his call up to camp, dude is on course to not only erase Mfon Udoh's record, he could hit the 30 goal mark. Playing in the EPL isn't enough IMHO
Re: Moses, Balogun, Rohr, Oshoala Win At 2017/2018 Nigeria Pitch Awards by NIGHTMARE0O7: 6:53pm On May 29, 2018
It should be ekong
Re: Moses, Balogun, Rohr, Oshoala Win At 2017/2018 Nigeria Pitch Awards by TheSociopath(m): 7:11pm On May 29, 2018
Till next year before he's awarded
Re: Moses, Balogun, Rohr, Oshoala Win At 2017/2018 Nigeria Pitch Awards by olapink: 9:08pm On May 29, 2018
EsotericMonk:
the award is for last season's performance, hence Anthony okpotu was recognized as the top scorer in the Nigeria league of last season and plateau united also being recognized as the league champions.
Re: Moses, Balogun, Rohr, Oshoala Win At 2017/2018 Nigeria Pitch Awards by zudozz: 10:11pm On May 29, 2018
this people no dey give our coach food chop?
Re: Moses, Balogun, Rohr, Oshoala Win At 2017/2018 Nigeria Pitch Awards by chical: 10:51pm On May 29, 2018
Is money attached to this award?
Re: Moses, Balogun, Rohr, Oshoala Win At 2017/2018 Nigeria Pitch Awards by HegenIkomkeh(m): 12:25am On May 30, 2018
EsotericMonk:
Bros,this awards are for last year na.
Try to read properly before complaining.
The awards for most of tbe recipients are well deserved based on their respective performances last year.

(1) (Reply)

Athletics: Semenya Loses Appeal Against CAS Ruling Over Testosterone Regulations / Super Eagles Tackle Saudi Arabia In Friendly Next Month (october 2023) / AFCON 2012: Zambia Vs Ghana (1 - 0) On February 8th 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.