Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,549 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Buhari: Why I Emerged Victorious In 2015 Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Why I Emerged Victorious In 2015 Election (544 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Congratulates Obaseki For Emerging Victorious In Edo Election / 'Buhari, Why Do You Like Blood?' - Uche Secondus Asks President / PDP Emerges Victorious In Rescheduled LG Election In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: Why I Emerged Victorious In 2015 Election by sirequity(m): 12:23am On May 30, 2018
PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari has revealed why he emerged victorious in the 2015 presidential election.

Mr Buhari attributing his victory to God and technology said the introduction of Permanent Voters Card (PVC) and Card Readers, were why he emerged victorious after three unsuccessful attempts.

The president stated this while while playing host to judges at the presidential villa in Abuja on Tuesday night.

Buhari also urged Nigerians to collect their PVC and elect their preferred candidates in the coming 2019 general election.

“I decided to put agbada and come back, I tried three times and then fourth time I eventually made it. Thanks to God and thanks to technology because this permanent voters card and card readers are fantastic. Those who went to their polling booths in their constituency and voted, their votes counted.

“Before, votes were disregarded and results written and there was nothing you can do before the justices to proof your case. But now with technology it has been made easy. That is why I keep appealing to the governors to embark on voters education, to please tell the people that their voters card is their national card so to speak.

“Let them vote for anybody they want across ethnicity and religion… I think that is why I am calling on and I am begging the governors to please continue with voters education so that people will take their permanent voters card seriously and make sure that they don’t loose it.

“I am bothering you with this because you are in a position of influence and you come from a constituency that is recognized and what you say will mean a lot to the people at your constituency,” Buhari stated.

Earlier, Alfa Belgore, former chief justice of Nigeria, who spoke on behalf of members of the judiciary said before now votes did not count as results were written.

He also said the current economic challenges was not peculiar to Nigeria, commending the effort of the Buhari administration.

https://www.headlineng.com/buhari-victorious-2015-election/
Re: Buhari: Why I Emerged Victorious In 2015 Election by yarimo(m): 1:16am On May 30, 2018
Sir, congratulations to you in advance as president elect in 2019 presidential election . Majority of Nigerians are willing and ready to vote for you

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why I Emerged Victorious In 2015 Election by Mikeross62: 1:19am On May 30, 2018
OK,following
Re: Buhari: Why I Emerged Victorious In 2015 Election by xandy84: 1:29am On May 30, 2018
Why are you speaking for majority of Nigerians? I am not in nigeria but I can tell Buhari has been a monumental failure and Nigerians are worse off compared to 3 years ago. Increase in unemployment, insecurity which is not better than what PDP offer and his tribalism has divided Nigeria and Nigerians more than it has even been. He needs to retire and give room to younger generation to govern and take Nigeria to greater height cos what Buhari has to offer is not good enough.

yarimo:
Sir, congratulations to you in advance as president elect in 2019 presidential election . Majority of Nigerians are willing and ready to vote for you

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why I Emerged Victorious In 2015 Election by Xander85: 1:47am On May 30, 2018
Rubbish! God Almighty had nothing to do with hordes of almajiri, ghosts and illegal immigrants casting their votes for Buhari! And God certainly had no hand in all the shenanigans INEC and Jega got up to in order to help Buhari 'coast to victory'!

Leave God out of it!
Re: Buhari: Why I Emerged Victorious In 2015 Election by greatiyk4u(m): 2:30am On May 30, 2018
xandy84:
Why are you speaking for majority of Nigerians? I am not in nigeria but I can tell Buhari has been a monumental failure and Nigerians are worse off compared to 3 years ago. Increase in unemployment, insecurity which is not better than what PDP offer and his tribalism has divided Nigeria and Nigerians more than it has even been. He needs to retire and give room to younger generation to govern and take Nigeria to greater height cos what Buhari has to offer is not good enough.

That is exactly for most Nigerians who lived above their means because of a privileged access to proceeds of corruption..............every creative diligent Nigerian youth has better opportunity in this regime to create a beautiful story for tomorrow because smart work pays more than connection in this era
Re: Buhari: Why I Emerged Victorious In 2015 Election by KanwuliaExtra: 2:31am On May 30, 2018
Thanks to Tinubu and Dangote who bought you the “votes”!

16 years of DISGRACEFUL PDP rule made it easy for you!

Now, you have TEN fighter jets!
Who can stop you but ALLAH? undecided

Please DIE! kiss
Re: Buhari: Why I Emerged Victorious In 2015 Election by truthfulmallam(m): 2:45am On May 30, 2018
Please thank the underaged voters, illegal immigrants and unregistered citizens who were paid / hired to vote you...

Also thank your foot soldiers who intimidated and threatened Non-APC supporters from voting in many interior Northern APC controlled domains...

Thank Tinubu, who bought you south west's votes...

Thank them all... AND KEEP GOD OUT OF THIS...
Re: Buhari: Why I Emerged Victorious In 2015 Election by deltaisgreat: 5:54am On May 30, 2018
Thanks to INEC who disenfranchised us in 2015 by denying us pvc in South-east and south-south, but gave pvc to children and foreigners in the north to vote for Buhari. INEC has started the same again for you this time to ensure your victory in next election. is unfortunate that PDP is sleeping and snoring very seriously in stopped INEC election frauds
Re: Buhari: Why I Emerged Victorious In 2015 Election by Omeokachie: 6:05am On May 30, 2018
Ofcause

Re: Buhari: Why I Emerged Victorious In 2015 Election by Riogeese(m): 6:27am On May 30, 2018
sad Even flash drive won’t save you in 2019 election
Re: Buhari: Why I Emerged Victorious In 2015 Election by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 6:33am On May 30, 2018
IF JONATHAN & THE PDP HAD WON THE 2015 GENERAL ELECTIONS, NIGERIA WOULD HAVE BEEN LOOTED OUT OF THE WORLD MAP . . . . . OBASANJO, 2016
Re: Buhari: Why I Emerged Victorious In 2015 Election by obonujoker(m): 7:19am On May 30, 2018
You won because Jonathan let you.... if you were contesting against Obasanjo maybe Wike, how would you have won??
Re: Buhari: Why I Emerged Victorious In 2015 Election by Nobody: 7:35am On May 30, 2018
Fela Durotoye is a brilliant youth. Buhari will be signing the Not Too Young To Run bill into law in a few days to allow more electoral opportunities for our brilliant and enterprising youth.

Kudos to Buhari for the opportunities to be given to he youth to even challenge him for his job...

For that we say Buhari till 2023! Igbo Presidency in 2023!
Re: Buhari: Why I Emerged Victorious In 2015 Election by GuntersChain(m): 8:11am On May 30, 2018
egbon, it was jona that allowed you to win..if he wanted to continue he had every right now to manipulate everything in his favour but his ambition does not worth the blood of any nigeria.
Re: Buhari: Why I Emerged Victorious In 2015 Election by three: 8:26am On May 30, 2018

You won because you had as an opponent Goodluck Jonathan

Jonathan and the PDP had been roundly vilified and demonised (they did not help matters) by the APC. A masterstroke of strategy.

The PDP were fortunately or unfortunately so inept that they were unable to read through INECs partisanship and shenanigans - large scale underage voting, PVC/Card reader malfunction in APC strongholds and top functionality in PDP strongholds.

In places like Lagos there were widespread allegations of 'voter screening' - PVCs were refused to persons deemed anti-APC.

APC excelled in strategy!

APC are a fantastic opposition and hopefully if they continue t exist beyond December 2018, they should return to what they do best!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lawmakers Taking Bribe: Jega Embarrassed NASS —saraki / This Is People Are Now My Police - Dino Melaye (VIDEO) / "Stop Glorifying Thieves"- Buhari Tells Nigerians!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.