Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" (19775 Views)

Benue: PDP Replies APC, Says Ortom Not Aware Of Hunters' Activities / Army Abandons Injured Soldier Fighting Boko Haram (photos) / Leader Of Hunters Show Off Charms They Use While Fighting Boko Haram. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" by Angelanest: 6:50am On May 30, 2018
The Mai Karwina of Borno (leader of the hunters) has urged the government to arm them with better weapons to enable them fight against the Boko Haram terrorists. According to him, their guns are outdated and can only function for two strikes maximum.

Read below what was shared on Facebook;

‘I am the Mai Karwina of Borno (leader of the hunters). I was crowned 17years ago when my father died. I was 12year old. Even at the age no one made me feel like I was unworthy of being in the position. I grew up with the other hunters still I became a man old enough to lead. Borno is our home, our land. So we know where the terrorists will go and where they might hide.

And every time we go to attack terrorists, we lose one or two of our boys because we don’t have the necessary ammunition and machinery or any support from government. Our guns are outdated.

With rainy season approaching, the gun will only function for two strikes maximum and anyone can strike you dead afterwards. It isn’t a modern version. It’s difficult working like this. We need weapons. We work day and night because it’s our community but sadly there’s no support. We are hoping and desperately seeking the attention of government to provide us with the necessities. We just want to win this war’

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/05/leader-of-hunters-in-borno-urge-government-for-better-weapons-to-fight-terrorists.html

Re: Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" by youngest85(m): 6:52am On May 30, 2018
....after that, everybody 'fundagbe'

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" by ellalina(f): 6:56am On May 30, 2018
After that it becomes a language in the race for safety
Re: Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" by Donald95(m): 7:26am On May 30, 2018
Save your bullet for your governor or leaders. They have been given good amount of money for this Boko Haram fight by International community but they chose to steal it at the expense of una life.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:31am On May 30, 2018
Sincerely this guys need better Weapons, but i'm scared these weapons might fall back into the hands of these AOG

6 Likes

Re: Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" by Nobody: 7:52am On May 30, 2018
Your leaders are the bokoharam.... they pay for the fight to keep going so monies would always be released for security at the same time claim under developed due to terrorist activities...

Its a win win situation for them..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" by Lanretoye(m): 7:59am On May 30, 2018
We can’t buy you guns,the people killing you are your brothers,they speak your language,deal with them.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" by AprokoGirl: 9:30am On May 30, 2018
cool cool

This Reminds Me of ... Aisha Gombi Bakari, a Nigerian Huntress who's now fighting Boko Haram insurgency in NorthEast Nigeria.

Among thousands of hunters used by the Nigerian Army to track & capture Boko Haram fighters, Aisha stands out from the crowd.

READ HER Full Story here : https://aprokogirl.com/8806/boko-haram-hunter/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" by NwaNimo1(m): 10:52am On May 30, 2018
Double barrels....... only really useful at functions,
Re: Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" by BruncleZuma: 10:52am On May 30, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" by obaival(m): 10:53am On May 30, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" by Nobody: 10:53am On May 30, 2018
See gobe! So wetin do the $1 billion security fund na? Using dane gun to fight a war is like attacking a bear with a pen knife.

1 Like

Re: Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" by Mutemenot(m): 10:53am On May 30, 2018
that is y its called shoot n run . if u wait na u sabi grin

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" by Nobody: 10:53am On May 30, 2018
The government can't arm you. How are they sure you won't become another national problem afterwards?

3 Likes

Re: Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" by PointZerom: 10:54am On May 30, 2018
Ok, you guys should goan borrow these sticks from your Fulani herdsmen brothers.

Cc Lzza immhotep madridguy sarrki yarimo yyeske progress69 ngeneukwenu

Fulani herdsmen don't carry guns but sticks.....Mumummadu Bugari n'Isi 2017.

2 Likes

Re: Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" by Authoreety: 10:55am On May 30, 2018
Bbb
Re: Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" by Elxandre(m): 10:55am On May 30, 2018
How do we ensure the guns don't get into the hands of terrorists?

Difficult situation to manage.

I think the Army should be mobilised in larger numbers and save these civilians from wasting their lives.

1 Like

Re: Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" by soberdrunk(m): 10:55am On May 30, 2018
Now even the enemies are aware of your disadvantage....... brilliant angry
Re: Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" by Hadone(m): 10:55am On May 30, 2018
Alright
Re: Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" by kabakaauu: 10:57am On May 30, 2018
kimbraa:
The government can't arm you. How are they sure you won't become another national problem afterwards?

You ar berry mach qorrect...
Re: Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" by Kylekent59: 10:57am On May 30, 2018
I don't think the government will provide that for you. They are selfish and greedy. If they should give in to your request you will kill their men.

Boko haram is political and you should know that. Even headsmen also is political.they play a part in politics.

They are used in bringing terror and could be formidable.
It is a waste of time fighting them.
The only solution is to eliminate bad leaders

1 Like

Re: Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" by Donpman: 10:58am On May 30, 2018
ohh my God..... please government authorities need to do something about this crisis..... or they should wait for vengeance...
Re: Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:59am On May 30, 2018
Buhari, why not train and equip these people since the Nigerian Army is not enough undecided

2 Likes

Re: Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" by kambili999(f): 11:01am On May 30, 2018
a hunter using pretty cool phones to google the latest animals around his area
Re: Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" by millomaniac: 11:02am On May 30, 2018
But farmers in benue are not even allowed to carry any

1 Like

Re: Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" by sapeleboi(m): 11:02am On May 30, 2018
oh you people want AK 47 abi cheesy
Re: Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" by Ojiofor: 11:03am On May 30, 2018
They will rather give AK47 and other dangerous weapons to their Fulani terrorist to attack and kill villagers.
Re: Leader Of Hunters Fighting Boko Haram In Borno: "Our Guns Can Only Shoot Twice" by Abuforallah1(m): 11:03am On May 30, 2018
Really sad, later some people will say northerners support Boko Haram.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

JPMorgan’s Role in Nigerian Oil Deal Has Come Back To Haunt It - New York Times / F-SARS Arrests Godwin Obode For Withholding N18.5m Meant For Election / APC Can’t Win Kogi With Bello As Candidate, Party Stakeholders Tell Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.