Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,586 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

What Sports Have You Played? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Sports Have You Played? (6979 Views)

If You Played Www.naijabetguide.com Game, You Should Be Smiling To Bank Today / The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In / Nwankwo Kanu, Who Has Played Five Nations Cup Without A Goal Should Not Go Wc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Sports Have You Played? by Seun(m): 8:37am On Mar 20, 2007
I used to play football after exams when I was in secondary school, and a football-tennis hybrid every day at home.

I tried basketball once. On my first (and last) attempt to touch the ball, I broke the joint on my small finger. sad

Currently, I don't participate in any sport, because I don't have people to play ball with. What about you?
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by 2old4that(m): 9:08am On Mar 20, 2007
Well, i am a football addict. To the extent playing on orange n anything rounded. That was back then in pry n sec. sch. But then, as u grow up, u gradually out-grown some things. I still do play it, though on sundays with friends plus other in-door games intermittently.
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by robby1(m): 9:14am On Mar 20, 2007
I play lawn tennis and and american foot ball more frequently than other sports. i also play table tennis and a little bit of basketball. i dont like soccer. i only watch it when nigeria is playing or when everyone else wants to watch it. grin
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by robby1(m): 9:17am On Mar 20, 2007
oh i forgot. i am also a good swimmer. wink
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by Seun(m): 9:41am On Mar 20, 2007
plus other in-door games intermittently.
You mean table tennis, right? Can you name the other indoor games you play? And how do you see volleyball? Thanks.
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by hola2ng(m): 9:44am On Mar 20, 2007
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by 2old4that(m): 9:48am On Mar 20, 2007
Seun:

You mean table tennis, right? Can you name the other indoor games you play? And how do you see volleyball? Thanks.

yeah table tennis, snooker, chess
But volleyball undecided have never held the ball yet, let alone playing.
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by Mustay(m): 9:53am On Mar 20, 2007
play football alot but I haven't played this year. am always called oluwabeckham cos of my free kicks and my ability to manage d right wing. table tennis- played it last in 2004. lawn tennis- am average in that. basketball-am poor in that cos of my inability to hold d call firmly. which other one?, Boxing! i don't do that again cos I punch d stomach alot and d day it almost cost a live, i stop am. enjoy football when it rains
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by agnesoseka: 9:55am On Mar 20, 2007
i play volley ball, i started in camp(nysc) its fun n keeps me fit.
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by Douzy(m): 10:06am On Mar 20, 2007
Only played a little football in primary school. Then in secondary school, I was a little into high jump, played more football and table tennis and made it to the volleyball and badminton teams. Despite my rather diminutive stature, I could still jump so high I became one of the best spikers/blockers (volleyball) and could jump higher than my height then (high jump). tongue After secondary school, I played even more football (more of right full back) and volleyball and was in both teams. I tried my hands on basketball, but couldn't get the hang of it. Same with lawn tennis. grin

Oops! I forgot, I had a little stint in karate (secondary school). smiley
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by Eastcoast(f): 11:38am On Mar 20, 2007
i play basketball, volleyball, handball, badminton, soccer and tennis. cheesy
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by mukina2: 1:12pm On Mar 20, 2007
sportaholics cheesy
i have played football  .hell yeah kiss
volley ball played it in high school
basketball my every saturday shedule cheesy
badminton played  it  in junior school
lawn tennis ran away after one short girl kept beating me all the time angry
street tennis  . this one we played on government street grin grin
"botkiddi' african hockey grin
handball in junior school
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by 2dye4(m): 1:40pm On Mar 20, 2007
am a sucker for basketball and soccer, funny as it may sound, i dont do contact sport! its all on PS2 .  grin
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by BlackMamba(m): 3:18pm On Mar 20, 2007
Naked wrestling with the opposite sex. Involves a lot of physical contacts. Everyone comes out a winner.
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by Douzy(m): 4:59pm On Mar 20, 2007
shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by Ferlie(m): 5:01pm On Mar 20, 2007
making love.
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by DrDre1(m): 5:31pm On Mar 20, 2007
Enjoyed playing football during my primary and secondary school days but my Mum curtailed me because of injuries.
After my secondary school days, I didn't really have anyone to play with until I got to the University but I only played a couple of times there.
Also, played a funny version of handball in secondary school and table tennis too

I'm like a professional football player/coach now sha - in FIFA games grin grin grin

@ BlackMamba and Ferlie
grin grin grin This your own type of sport na wha o.  grin grin grin
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by OmoEko1(f): 5:38pm On Mar 20, 2007
I played soccer all my high school year and was even played in the state all star game and was given scholarship to play for this black university but my parents weren't down for that becos they wanted to go to a white University so i turned the scholarship down.
I even tried to play for my school, i went to camp and tryout to get me into the team which i got, even has a starter which  was very surprising becos i was a freshmer then, but my parents told me i couldn't play becos it will disturb my education plans. Since then I've given my hope about playing soccer again, i haven't kicked a play in three years now, but my heart is broken into pieces.

But have played volleyball it fun
Tennis was so boring for me, even i could hold the tennis rack becos it was to heavy
Dodgeball  is really fun too i playe it sometime on weekend when am bored
I play badminton when am working out becos it make my arms strong
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by cuteass1(f): 6:28pm On Mar 20, 2007
@ omo eko

after reading this your particular post, i'm beginning to think you have to join me in the story book writing lol grin

@ topic

in school i play football, volley-ball, basket-ball and table tennis cheesy

the sport i enjoy most is running/races because i'm very good at it, so when we have the blip-test at school i'm always sure to whoop their white ^sses lol grin grin and i always emerge the winner wink
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by OmoEko1(f): 6:31pm On Mar 20, 2007
@cute-ass
I had to write about it becos it has be bothering me for a long time now, how u give up dreams something to satisfy your love ones cry cry cry cry cry
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by cuteass1(f): 6:37pm On Mar 20, 2007
sweetie, everything happens for a reason, and if you don't give up something then you can't get the other.

Come, let me dry your tears . .

takes a handkerchief and dries omo-eko's tears and touching her hair saying

dearie, some dissappointments are blessings in disguise kiss
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by debosky(m): 7:12pm On Mar 20, 2007
football, volleyball, table tennis, lawn tennis

haven't played the latter two in a while, can't wait for summer to lace up by footie boots again! cheesy
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by nazzyon(m): 7:27pm On Mar 20, 2007
High Jump

Thriple Jump

Marathon races

Track Events: 1500m, 400m, 200, 100

Javelin

Lawn Tennis
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by nazzyon(m): 7:28pm On Mar 20, 2007
High Jump

Thriple Jump

Marathon races

Track Events: 1500m, 400m, 200, 100

Javelin

Lawn Tennis
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by ibkn(m): 7:34pm On Mar 20, 2007
[b]bedmantics[/b] grin bedrobics grin
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by Seun(m): 3:43pm On Mar 21, 2007
how u give up dreams something to satisfy your love ones
Next time, don't. (If your "loved ones" don't support your dreams, the maybe their "love" is an illusion. lipsrsealed)
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by Gheorghe(m): 4:01pm On Mar 21, 2007
sportsmaniac grin

had to choose between education and a career in football

hav played a lot of games

started with football,from primary till now,played first team in all stages of my educational career including NYSC

was part of my uni. basketball team

trained with a hockey team briefly in pri. school

very good in table tennis
                   snooker
                   swimming
                   lawn tennis
                   volleyball

had one week judo outin

waitin for America football grin grin grin grin grin grin

@ blackmamba

do we hav a registered professional body for that game?

let me know,intrested wink wink wink
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by Gheorghe(m): 4:24pm On Mar 21, 2007
@ senu
i don't quiet agree with u sad,parents actually see what we don't see (most times wink) and if she really "loved" the game so much, i bet u her parents wouldn't stop her dreams.
my dad still bought my boots even in my second year,but he gave me reasons/options why i had to concentrate on one,and 2day i'm  hapi with the direction i chose.

@ cute-ass
surely one has to give up something,, , true talk
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by ivgotfleas(m): 4:31pm On Mar 21, 2007
I used to play wack the monkey after exams when I was in secondary school, and a hand-palm hybrid every day at home.

I tried leaving the home once.  On my first (and last) attempt to breath some fresh outside air, I lost my touch with reality.  

Currently, I don't participate in any sport, because I don't have people to wack with, except myself. What about you?

There, fixed it.

-----------------------

In all seriousness though, Seun is to nairaland what oxygen is to living organisms.
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by ivgotfleas(m): 4:43pm On Mar 21, 2007
For what it's worth, I played:

Basketball (choice sport), American Football, Baseball, Tennis, Golf, Disc Golf, Soccer (only a couple times), Martial Arts (don't know if that's considered a sport, but I did fight in competitions) and Track and Field activities.

And has anyone included SEX as a sport yet? I think it most certainly is. Competitive, takes practice, many out there that challenge your dominance, exhausting (sometimes), stats are kept, and sometimes, people even have there lucky pair of socks they wear when competing.

Thoughts?
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by Ezinwannem: 5:46pm On Mar 21, 2007
track and field, bball, skating and bowling
Re: What Sports Have You Played? by b2dl(f): 7:40pm On Mar 21, 2007
ònly played volleyball once. was actually doin very well cool until i got smacked in d face wit d ball n nearly got knocked out embarassed (really actually saw stars). twas fun whyl it lasted tho.
cool but i so totally luv watchin sports, all kind of sports,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CAF: Abdelmounaïm Bah Appointed Acting General Secretary / Cost Of Setting Up A Standard Gym In Nigeria / Tips On How To Watch Football Livestream.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.