Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,073 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Shift Away From The CERTIFICATE! Drift Your Way To The SABIFICATE! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shift Away From The CERTIFICATE! Drift Your Way To The SABIFICATE! (333 Views)

Sabificate Vs Certificate / Three Kinds Of People You Must Run Away From: / The Certificate We Have Is The More Reason We Are Jobless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shift Away From The CERTIFICATE! Drift Your Way To The SABIFICATE! by Nobody: 10:38am On May 30, 2018
ESpiritâ„¢ | #EMythSeries

Walking into the colorful, large auditorium within the main campus of the University of Lagos, my mind fluttered with memories of the last matriculation gathering I attended about 4 years ago, which symbolized a new beginning for me. Well, that day was another beginning, for in the journey of life, there really is no final destination!

I was ushered to my seat where I relaxed, readjusted my oversized gown and warmly greeted a few graduating folks. A couple of minutes later, I sensed a ruckus behind me which I turned my neck towards. Like bees around a honeycomb, graduants surrounded one person and tons of selfies were shot in a continuous fashion.

I looked closer and identified this "honey comb" to be Odunlade Adekola, a famed Yoruba actor, in the Nollywood industry!

He was obviously a graduate too, like us all, but the collosal degree of attention he received, from virtually every soul in that block, didn't just amaze me but inspired this category of the #EMyth series! Let me strike the matchstick with the point below.

I've come to the conclusion that the glory of the academic world is the Certificate but the glory of the real world is the Sabificate! In addition, life in the academic world is just for a while but life in the real world is for a lifetime. To crown it all, the academic world is nothing without the real world!

Now, it doesn't really matter if Odunlade's certificate boldly reads a 3rd Class. He already has the key to the hearts of countless people all due to his Sabificate! Even the Vice Chancellor of UNILAG gladly took a selfie with him, right there on stage!

Now, you're most likely muttering to yourself in pidgin English, "wetin dis bobo deh yarn about Sabificate?" Permit me to clearly define these two concepts, the way I've come to understand them.

Your Certificate is the measure of your excellence in giving back what you were given in school. And it is represented by a feathery paper. Do greatly in giving back what you were given and it'll read a First Class! Do poorly in giving back and it'll read a 3rd Class or a Pass!

Now, this system is inherently faulty for it reveals the original purpose of school, set centuries ago, which is now gone with the wind! A topic for another post in this series!

On the other hand, your Sabificate is the measure of your excellence in inducing comfort or happiness in people. And it is represented by the level of support of the people you've influenced, from your parents, siblings, friends, fans, customers, colleagues to even your boss!

Now, all the support and money, amid other resources, you'd love to enjoy always lie with the people. And hey! We are not robots but bundles of flesh, blood and a gamut of emotions! When you successfully make us feel good, we're literally yours and everybody wins!

This amazing, real-world journey begins with the lifelong development of your Sabificate!

To conclude, let me spill the beans. Your Sabificate is simply your ability to sell. And surprisingly, talking or telling is not selling. Even the well-known process of exchanging commodity for money is not selling! This topic, in and of itself, is vast so I'll reserve it for the closing parts of this series.

For now, my focus will be on the very foundation of our Sabificate, without which we will always misunderstand or misuse the art of selling.

This foundation is your Emotional Intelligence, which, interestingly, you were born with. However, like millions of others, you probably lost it on your way to adulthood due to the rigid influence of parents and the society at large.

In as much as I'd love to share the rest of my published thoughts here, time wouldn't permit.

Are you on Facebook? Some posts of the #EMythSeries have already been laid bare on my Facebook timeline. Over there, I shared -

*The powerful but largely neglected role, mothers play in the development of Emotional Intelligence in infants. Within this phenomenon, lies insight to rebuild it in adulthood.

*The basic components of Emotional Intelligence and exactly why it's the ONLY key to not just personal happiness but to win the hearts and minds of people.

*The seemingly harmless but inherently destructive tactic that parents have been using on their children, transgenerationally. A tactic that ruins Emotional Intelligence; the key to our Sabificate!

*Why "foolishness" is a quality, everyone ought to cultivate in adulthood. That quality is ultimately the key to our survival and happiness on Earth.

*Why societal corruption is one of the most misunderstood concepts in human history. It's really more than what you may think it is!

*Why talking or telling is not selling. In fact, the more you do it, the more you lose the support or patronage of people.

*And MORE....

Are you ready? Kindly walk with me to my timeline >> http://fb.com/pakpan2.

This post was inspired by the 4th Myth of Entrepreneurship - School Education Is The Best Legacy!

(1) (Reply)

Apprentice/ Office Assistant/ Computer Graphics Operator Needed / Marketers Needed / Accountant Urgently Needed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.